Stream Energy/Ignite / billing/ scam

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

This company is a scam!!! I was charged for a energy rate correction charge which come to find out i wasnt supposed to be. I contacted my associate and he contacted his supervisor and was told i would be credited for the 154.00 i paid that i wasnt supposed to be charged with well after about 8 phone calls to these people the money still has yet been credited to my account which i was told would be taken care of 2 months ago. I than find out that i have not been the only one that has been done like this with the exact same problem. They have done to this to many people. They will try and tell you some bogus reason why you have to pay it, but if you really check into it, you will realize its a mess up on there part. Its only a way to make more money.

Comments

• Sh
      13th of Feb, 2009

I would try Ambit Energy. They're rates are always lower than Streams. They also have a program where you can get free energy. They do not have hidden charges either. When they say they are this rate per kilowatt, that's what it is. You can also quote your savings.
    www.yoda.joinambit.com

• Be
      1st of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to me!

Mine was for a much smaller amount $7.76 which was a so- called late fee charge. Well, I was already leaving their service so, I paid the total sum I was charged to prevent any issues, WHILE I investigated the late charge with my bank. My bank assured me that the payment had not been late. They would not have accepted a payment if it was going to be paid out late. In fact they said the bill got to Stream account no later than 8.00am that morning which was more than enough time.

Well I called Stream and at first the lady CSR tried to lie until she found out that I had already called the bank. Then she said the amount will be refunded via check in 7-8 weeks. That was Sept 08. I called back several times after this and they kept telling me the charge had been removed as a courtesy and I do not owe and there's no refund due. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, they finally told me they would forward the request to Accounts dept for a refund.

I called again and they said that there's nothing they can do because they took the charge off as a courtesy already, and they cannot refund me the amount I paid. Is this possible?

I am looking for anybody to tell me what to do because they want me to let go of my money when THEY had no problems whatsoever taking it from me.

Did I mention that they charged me $0.250 on my last bill?

This needs to be reported. Anyone?

• Co
      21st of Apr, 2009

I am researching companies and considering they seem to be one of the leading utility companies in the state I find a low amount of complaints relative to the size and comparison of other legitimate utilities.

• Ha
      19th of Jun, 2009
    Stream Energy/Ignite - Billing Scam
    Dallas

I called Stream Energy's Customer Care dept to pay my bill. I authorized to pay $117.80 for the month of May 2009 and was given a confirmation code. When I checked my bank account, I was charged $117 (plus $2 processsing fee) and a whopping $332.80 which caused my account to get overdrafted. I called back and I was informed that they will resolve that issue, so I called 3 days after that and was informed that I am getting a refund for the UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE of $332.80 by friday. Friday comes along and my account is pathetically in the negative and NO REFUND HAS BEEN DONE. I called and inquired about it and I even spoke with the Team lead/Supervisor and i was given some random reason that i was misinformed that i was "maybe" gonna get my refund back in 4-6 weeks. So i guess until then they are expecting me to incurr insufficient funds fee while they all dwidle their fingers. I asked if i could escalate the matters to their Billing dept. and i was informed that I can only speak with Customer Care... ironically- it wasn't Customer Care... the 4 people i've spoken with doesn't know what they are doing. I do not need their apology, I want my money back because i did not authorize the larger amount that they charged me

19th of Jun, 2009

Solution: Dispute the claims with your bank. If you bank refuses, bank elsewhere, most US banks will refund your money that day and send to collections a bill for that company that was in the wrong.

• Li
      12th of Jul, 2009

I would not recommend Stream Energy to anyone. They will charge you fees that don't below to you. When you call them they would say it was there mistake and it will be taken off your bill. Well guess what it is added to your bill again along with more fees. So if anyone is thinking of signing up with this company "please don't".

• Am
      11th of Oct, 2009

I agree with the Ambit Energy suggestion. My Ocotber 2009 Ambit bill is available for your review at

22nd of Oct, 2009

As an Electrical Engineer, i have done my homework... STREAM ENERGY and Ignite is the BEST deal on the market. The are taking advantage of the energy market trend. Bottom line: When you are a BIG fish in the market...well everyone wants to bring you down.

I would recommend STREAM to everyone...

• So
      13th of Nov, 2010

Ignite / Stream et al lost in appeals court. The federal lawsuit is going forward and the pyramid scheme aspect of this venture will be litigated. Please see realscamdotcom for updates and lively discussion.