Stream Energy / harvey
Unfortunately August 17, 2017 I lost everything. My apartment had 9 feet of water standing inside for days. The apartment was condemned and I lost all of my personal belongings. To make matters worse I had multiple negative interactions with employees from stream energy.
Due to the loss of my cell phone, the loss of the apartment and the general displacement I was to contact Stream until the 12th of September. I Called stream and explained the situation and that I would be needing to cancel my electric services since my apartment was condemned. I was told that since my building cycle was in the middle of the month that I would still be responsible prior to the flood. I was assured that that bill would be the last bill. I was frustrated, but the justification seemed to make sense. I canceled my service and paid that bill.
I then find out that I am charged another bill on the 27th of September in an amount nearly the same as previous month.
1)I was assured that I would not have any additional bill (not true)
2) How could I have a bill when the apartment was destroyed? When I asked about the individual I spoke with(I think Carlos) shrugged it of by saying that they don't control the meters. He said that there was noting that he could do.
I later, I ask to speak to a supervisor to try to find someone who could help me considering the unusual situation. He then transferred me and then left me on hold for 45min before I hung up. I call back and I speak with a Sabian L 1051691 about the situation and he says that I am going to still have a 3rd bill coming.
This experience has been the absolute worst. I feel that I have been price gouged and been taken advantage of my a company screwing over people who lost everything. I know I am not the only one in a situation similar to this one.
A month or two in electric bills may not seem much to some, but when you have lost everything a few hundred goes a long way. I will remember this experience and share it with my friends. I don't understand how a company would have such bad customer service to screw over people already negatively effected by a catastrophic event.
More Stream Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Stream Energy/Ignite - billing/ scam 
- Stream Energy - early termination fee 
- Stream Energy - change in policies 
- Stream Energy - horrible customer service 
- Stream Energy - unauthorized billing 
- Stream Energy / Stream Gas & Electric - electric
- Stream Energy / Stream Gas & Electric - a promotion
- Stream Energy / Stream Gas & Electric - electricity
- Stream Energy - billing energy
- Stream Energy - unethical behavior