StopRepairBills.com / Bait & Switch

Stop Repair Bills
Phone: 1-800-941-0722
When I spoke with the representative on the phone the details of coverage explained & e-mailed to me did not match the contract paper work. When I questioned the discrepancies, it was explained “I must have misunderstood”, I explained I had an e-mail with the details & price quote, which I had to forward back to a manager (I guess he thought I was lying). When they called back they were very abrasive and challenging, no offer of a solution, compromise, or apology for what could have been and honest mistake. Since I had to pay a 10% deposit to secure the policy & rate offered in order to have the contract sent for review, signed and returned, I had to fight for a refund. They continued to keep trying to sell me policies. Ultimately, I called my card company and filed a fraudulent charge in order to receive my refund. After I received a call back from a “manager” telling me I was “out of line” going to my credit card company. Unbelievable!!!
Fight harder to get the copy of the contract prior to paying anything, even if you all ready have it in writing via e-mail.

D  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -6 Votes
Im sorry if your experience was bad with a company such as stoprepairbills.com however there are people who are out there that are EXTREMELY Happy with the service provider by this company such as myself. For all the complaints that are out there for any company there are thousands of those who are completely satisfied its just the ones that are happy don't think to start blogs, comment boards and such as we have more productive things to do with our time. But it is people like this who start what seems to be slander if it isn't proven 100% true. Believe me when I say I have throughly checked out the company and have to say that if CNN a worldwide television channel (with worldwide creditibility) would allow a so-called fradulent company such as this to run there advertisement on its channel I am 100% positive that they have checked stoprepairbills.com out up, down andinside out I fully bellieve that if there were any slim chance of them being a scam or fraud CNN would have shut down there commercial with that said, I have had a policy with them for about 2 yrs and have had several claims paid for completely just having to give $100 to my mechanic for several repairs that would have been well above the cost of my entire policy. So this post leads me to believe you were looking for something to protect you for almost nothing...I myself was brought up that you get what you pay for ...pay $1000 like you wanted or thought it would cost to cover a transmission that costs well over that come on now get a life. I really wish those who have had a great experience with stoprepairbills.com will take time to post to the cheap scums out there that have nothing better to do but spread gossip and crap about why they didn't get something worth its weight in gold for almost nothing, SHAME ON YOU!
N  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Uh - you don't happen to work for the company do you? A little over zealous for my liking.
N  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
Sorry u feel that way but I am not even in the state that they are in, b4 accusing me of why i know what state u guessed it i done my homework b4 i took out a policy when i did. im just a happy consumer that knows how these blogs work u hardly ever hear of the good things just always the negative. So instead of arguing or accusing others of being employees, exployees or even owners just let facts speak for themselves. I am only a happy consumer that has had my policy for a while and I am satisfied with this company. I have seen the reports all over the net about a company that is also located in the same area as this its us fidelis and they are being sued by there state for fraud and not paying out there policies. so to keep others from being confused I wanted to be one of the few people to let others know that there can be a honest place to do buisness with out there even if the satisfied customers do not start a blog. I guess you can say i believe there is ALWAYS 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY... Sorry if we do not agree or you simply think that just because someone doesnt agree with another that you dont have to pay for what you get. If you name implys you are in iraq and protecting our country i would like to thank you for your bravery and for keeping us free here in america.
N  28th of Apr, 2009 by
UGetWhatUPay4 is paid to post that drivel. I guess that's obvious to everyone. Just ignore it.
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It is common practice for these scammers to put their employees to work on these boards trying to calm the fury many of us feel over their shady practices. Specifically to you "UgetwhatUpay4" it's funny you only posted on this ONE company and also very strange you would confront the original poster because he was telling his experience. You went on to insult him... the same way he was insulted by the company when he spoke to them. You're not fooling anybody, don't trust these peole the money you lose can be better put in your own bank account and use it when your car has problems. Better yet, try to buy from the manufacturer when possible or ask them who they recommend for aftermarket warranties.
N  3rd of May, 2009 by
The Attorney General, Consumer Protection and Better Business Bureau as well as the consumer advocates ALL state the same fact - If you have to pay before you get your paperwork, it is probably not legitimate. This prepayment should be enough to send you running in the opposite direction. If you are looking for fact based information regarding these companies, you can go to http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/autos/aut02.shtm. The Federal Trade Commission provides lots of information and can help you figure out if the company is legitimate or not. You can also contact your states attorney general, consumer protection and better business offices. One more fact - for every ONE person that does complain, there are 50 who DO NOT but instead will go tell every friend, relative, neighbor and anyone else that will listen. This is an important fact to consider whenever you see a complaint that is NOT resolved satisfactorily by the company. If the company is legit and they value their customers, they will do everything within their power to correct a problem. If they don't - they don't care and that is really indicative of what you could be dealing with. This type of research is true homework, not listening to someone sing praises of a company you and your associates know nothing about. Contact the above mentioned organizations to find out the FACTS. Good Luck.
N  5th of May, 2009 by
if CNN a worldwide television channel (with worldwide creditibility) would allow a so-called fradulent company such as this to run there advertisement on its channel I am 100% positive that they have checked stoprepairbills.com out up, down andinside out I fully bellieve that if there were any slim chance of them being a scam or fraud CNN would have shut down there commercial.

That's pretty funny. Most of the scam companies like phony health insurance, car warranties etc are the main advertisers on CNN, CNBC and Fox. They don't check anything out, they just grab the money. BTW if someone is actually paying "ugetwhatyoupay4" they should get their money back as the spelling is atrocious.
A  5th of May, 2009 by
I agree with "smart shopper". Prepayment in itself indicates something is wrong here. Too many scams in our system. This is simply because our legal system fails to protect consumer interests in a proper way. Look at the banking system and the consumer credit practices. It is time to change and eliminate such business practices through proper legislations.
A  5th of May, 2009 by
I use to work for National Dealers Warranty(NDW) and this guy seems like either an emplyee, owner, or manager that wants to squash all news coverage about what they do there. There is not really a bait and switch problem but more so a deception problem. I was young, straight out of college, and making a lot more than my fellow graduates at national dealers warranty. Then I realized why. This company brainwashes young eager salespeople from the get go. They teach you to lie and deceive and a general skill of sales! I have been reprimanded at the company for not decieving! this is when I decided to quit. I agree with hgd345, why would cnn give a care who advertises on their channel when they run the comercial over and over and pay a ton of money. Do you also think u, i mean ndw, (haha) are reputable cause you sponser a nascar?

I use to work for NDW so what I say can be backed up because it is the reason I left the company. I have a conscience - Which is why I look these blogs and try to let the truth out.

I have heard a lot about USFidelis too but cannot speak of them as I did not work there. But - The Owners of NDW use to work at National Dealer Warranty Services(NAWS) also known as USFidelis today, so that might tell you a little about where NDW got their tricks of trade. HAHA!
A  5th of May, 2009 by
Stoprepairbills.com is also known as National Dealers Warranty...and about 3 other names...hmmm...why would you want multiple names?
N  5th of May, 2009 by
Do any of you know of a reputable vehicle repair insurance or extended warranty company?
N  7th of May, 2009 by
Hello from Texas everyone. I just purchased a policy 2 days ago. Yep, paid the down pymt and they said the paperwork would be here in 2-3 weeks. someone said they never GOT a policy? hey previous employees of ndw... i have read your notes about the deception, can you give some examples of the TYPE of deception to this newcomer? and do you also know as previous employees whether others are very happy with their policy? (Side question: do they pay the claim direct or does the client pay & get reimbursed?) Since ndw is said to be deceptive, what other companies are believed to operate with better principles? As you know, I have 30 days to get a refund. .. which is the reason for all the questions. :>)
A  7th of May, 2009 by
All I have to say is let's remember Blue Hippo? The people who sell you a computer with NO CREDIT CHECK! Then you call them, find out you have to pay half the bill before they'll ship your computer, you end up with a computer that's a year old, and you've already paid enough to buy a NEW one outright from the same company who MADE the computer, and you still owe hundreds of dollars on it.
Try and cancel once you find this out? Prepare for hoop jumping.
A lot of these car warranty companies are a sham. Like someone above said, if you have to pay before seeing any paperwork, stay away.
Also, like Blue Hippo, if a company has to continually change it's name to avoid bad press (Look up BH's lawsuits and their $5m dollar settlement) then it's bad. Stay away.
I work for a major cable network, and I can say about the advertising (As we used to advertise Blue Hippo, and the next company they became) that a lot of advertising isn't checked for legitimacy. It's simply checked to make sure it's suitable for said network. i.e. Language, nudity, and disturbing images.
N  9th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
It really is amazing how freely the words 'scam' and 'fraud' are thrown around these days. Yeah, StopRepairBills.com has complaints, but can you name a company that doesn't? Look at companies like Sears, with over 16k complaints on BBB, a far shot from SRB's 200 or so, all of which have been resolved. These people putting these 'scam' blogs most likely never even attempted to receive the service (a paid repair bill) which is what the warranties are all about.
N  11th of May, 2009 by
Stoprepairbills gets a BBB rating of "F", the lowest possible rating, while Sears is a BBB accredited business. Unlike sfe333's claim that all complaints were resolved, that is not correct. There were many unresolved complaints. As for attempting to receive the service, there were unresolved complaints about that too.

5 - Disputed warranty coverage and/or terms
1 - Failure to honor money-back guarantees
6 - Failure to honor service under the terms of warranties
2 - Failure to provide promised written warranty or guarantee
10 - None of the Above - Guarantee or Warranty Complaint Issue

Considering that only a fraction of dissatisfied customers will make a BBB complaint, the actual number of problems is much higher.

Some may think that scam or fraud is an appropriate description for a business that changes its name because of badwill in the former name, that has numerous complaints and that doesn't even resolve a significant percentage of the complaints after BBB tries to get them to do it and receives the worst possible rating from BBB.
N  18th of May, 2009 by
I too saw this commercial on televison and was extremely tempted to purchase. When I called they gave me the same line about having to ask their manager for special approval to offer me a policy because my vehicle was outside the manufacturers warranty. The guy explained to me that they have been in business for over 30 years and directed me to their website (stoprepairbills.com) for testimonials, etc... Initially he offered me 5 years or 100, 000 miles worth of coverage for a down payment of $329 and from then on like $140/month. I advised that was alot of money and after haggling he eventually got me down to $100 downpayment and $84/month interest free for 24 months and explained that the coverage would still last for 3 more years after it was paid for. I was very apprehensive however, about them not sending me any paperwork or giving me any literature unless I gave them my credit card information. They said I had 30 days to cancel with no penalties but needed my credit card information in order to have the paperwork shipped out. I can understand this a little because a lot of companies will not send you a contract without payment because there is no contract and as far as literature is concerned they obviously do all of their advertising on their website and through commercials. I saw the ad on ESPN while watching SportsCenter not CNN. I am just very confused with all of the blogs out there and conflicting information on whether or not they are a reputable company. I am apprehensive about the upfront payment system and haggling in the beginning but then I found an article that said "StopRepairBills.com Announces Primary Sponsorship of Key Motorsports No. 40 Chevrolet in Nationwide Series". When I looked it up they are sponsoring some kind of race in Mooresville, NC (http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2009/03/19/453958.html). Someone please help me and let me know if this comapny is legit or not.
N  28th of May, 2009 by
CNN does not check out, nor does anyone check, who advertises with them until people complain. Advertisers are the bread and butter for companies
A  1st of Jun, 2009 by
Uh, CNN also also allows friggin EXTENZ to advertise on their network, so...nuff said.
N  2nd of Jun, 2009 by
I just called to cancel because they wouldn't cover a part that was said to be covered. Long story short guy would not let me cancel kept giving me the run around and then called me a liar. He then the longer I lied to him the longer he would keep me on hold. stay away from this company.
N  10th of Jun, 2009 by
I just got a call from stoprepairbill.com because I had inquired about their company awhile ago.
I was offerred a 5 year warranty on my vehicle that was over their limit mileagewise, but was given an exception only after the representative "received permission from her supervisor". She then offered me a warranty for $2793 with $295 up front. I then asked if there were other policies available and there were. I asked her if I could check out their website to read in detail the contract offered and was told that the offer was good only while I was on this call. HELLO!! WARNING!! WARNING!! I then told here that I would need to read a contract before I made any monetary comittment. She said that she would wait if I wanted to read the information from their website. I gave it a quick check and without reading their contract in detail because I honestly didn't have the time right then and there. I then asked here if there were other contracts-she offered me some.
Since I had to get off the phone I again told her I would call her back that afternoon after I had read the contract I was interest in-the legalese is important!!. Again I was told that the offer was good only for that call, and what would I do if my car broke down without their warranty. I told her I would get it fixed. She then proceeded with the hard sell and I at first I told her politely that I had to go. She then started to get more aggressive--WARNING!!WARNING!! my mind screams. I quickly hung up before I lost my temper and came to this site.
I warn anyone who reads this review seriously consider what you are getting into and READ THE CONTRACT FIRST BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING and go to sites like this. I read their contract offered me and found that the coverage offered is way out of line with their pricing. I am sure that if I did some more due diligence I could find more than a few disgruntled customers that have dealt with this firm.
Again I repeat DO NOT be pressured into anything. If the offer is good now it should be good tomorrow AFTER you did your research and if the salesperson says different- you must consider that the company is not one you want to do business with.
BE CAREFUL-the world has many wolves in sheep's clothing.