Standard Trust / notice of unclaimed winings

Sun Tower 1550 Bedford HighwayNova Scotia, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 16476866736
We received a letter and a check for the sum of $4, 920 supposedly we had won some lotto contest and were instructed to contact a Ray Smith (wow how common!!) the letter has so much mispellings you thought a 3rd grader wrote it, well nice try whoever is trying to pull off this type of scam. We mailed the letter a check back to the address with a nice little note!!! unfortunately there is no way fot the goverment to monitor these type of activity... or is there????
Bo

Comments

Us
  29th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
ALERT: There is no legitimate reason why anyone would provide you with a check or money order and ask you to wire money anywhere in return. If you have received a USGA check for any amount of money as a winner in a lottery drawing or for any other reason and have been asked to wire money back — it is a scam. Do not cash the check. If you cash this check you will be responsible to the bank for these funds.

Contact the USGA Legal Department at (908) 234-2300 or Michael Swangler of U.S. Secret Service (USSS) at Michael.Swangler@usss.dhs.gov for further information.
Nm
  31st of Mar, 2009
I also recieved a check from standard trust . Food Galore & Sterling Bank NJ were the company names, in the amount of 4, 920.00 with a letter stating that I had to send 3, 450.00 through money gram to pay gov't taxes. I decided to take the check to a local check cashing establishment so that my bank account couldn't be accessed since I didn't know where the check was from. I'm very upset, especially during these hard financial times that our country is experiencing. I'm gong to cantact the authorities and many local news carrires.
Gl
  15th of Apr, 2009
This company to should be put out of business, and go to prison for the scam. my husband recieve the same letter three days ago and we took the letter to a u.s.bank the personal banker told us that the letter was a scam, and that they recieve a lot of those check's . there lot people out going threw hard time. we don't need people let that scaming people just to get what won't. they need to go to prison something really need to done about this put these people out of business.