Stainsafe / Unacceptable service by Stainsafe

1 Farmington Hills, MI, United States Review updated:

I bought a new sofa from JCPenney with extended warranty from StainSafe. I had a stain problem with the sofa. I called StainSafe. I told them what had happened and they said that the stain wasn't covered in my policy. The claim was denied, and now I can't file another claim on the same sofa. They tricked us into reporting a non-existing issue in order to give them support.

As for JCPenney, first they tell us that extended warranty covers everything, and then they say we should have read the small print. They should be ashamed of offering this kind of service. At the least, they should have refunded us for the amount of the extended warranty.

I learned a lot from this experience: you need to be dishonest and lie to this people to have them pay attention to your problem. Next time, before I buy any warranty, I will investigate the kind of company that is offering it.

Be aware!

Va

Comments

• Bi
      10th of Oct, 2006
    Stainsafe - Obtaining Service

We have filed a claim with "STAINSAFE" and they do give you a feeling of: Do I trust this outfit?

After giving them all info they needed, they schedule a service tech to be at your home between 2pm and 8pm: What kind of a company sends their employees out at that hour? I had to cancel that service call because we could not be home during those hours.

I rescheduled and they now told me a rep would be be here between 8am and noon. That sounded better as far as time of day so advised them ok. The afternoon before the scheduled visit of 10/8/06 (tues), they called and told me it would be between 2pm and 7pm. Here we go again!

I was told the rep comes from Columbus OH: thats a hundred miles from here! Another one of the strange business practices.

Thanks for listening and am waiting to see who shows up at our door!

• Fe
      3rd of Apr, 2007
    Stainsafe - Stainsafe is a joke!

I am extremely upset with Stainsafe employees and the way they handle their customers. I bought a sofa and purchased the stainsafe warranty. I contacted Stainsafe to repair a small tear in my sofa. After over 4 phone calls and a month of waiting they sent two men to my home who looked like they just escaped from prison. The men basically poked around the couch and told me that they would have to come back to fix it another day after they order the fabric.

My men never came back, my sofa was never repaired and I contacted Stainsafe countless times trying to get this issue resolved.

About a year ago, I received a letter from Stainsafe saying that they are unable to repair the sofa and that they would refund my purchase price for the warranty and a small percentage of the cost of my sofa. I followed all instructions exactly as described in the letter and BIG SURPRISE!!! I STILL have not gotten ANY refund whatsoever! I have tried to contact Stainsafe by phone, email, fax - you name it and I keep getting the runaround. I can not believe this company is still in business!

• Ro
      19th of May, 2007
    Stainsafe - Deceptive business practices!
    Canada

My leather sofa started to crack after about 7 years i have a 10 year warranty to cover staining and cracking. I called stain safe to make a claim i'll make this short after alot of calls they denied my claim because i didn't report the cracking within 14 days like it says on the warranty card... BUT my card says this is word for word" ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE STATING THAT LEADS TO THE WARRANTY CLAIM" does not mention cracking... Am i wrong on this does this not mean only staining has to be reported in 14 days.

• Di
      5th of Sep, 2007
    Stainsafe - Boycott this fraud store!

My husbands and I had a friend that had cancer he knew he was going to die. He bought new furniture the sales man used his cancer to sell him the stain safe for 7 years. He said you smoke and at the end you will probably burn your furniture. Makes sense so we told our friend it was a good Idea. Well that's exactly the way it went down, our friend was weak at the end and burned the furniture. So we waited until he was buried and the 2 teenage girls he left everything to grieved there fathers death. We then called for the girls to have the furniture fixed. They told us we waited past the 14days, they never said nothing about this before. Well you can see these people are crooks and ruthless. But that's okay I will be burning the sofa and telling my story on you tube. By the way value city department on vandyke/12mile is were we got the furniture. My friend spent about 4,500 bucks at there store and he will get redemption. Please boycott this store, friends of a good man who even in death got scammed.

• Aj
      5th of Oct, 2007
    Stainsafe - Warranty not honored!

I bought my sofa from Wickes furniture that cost $ 999.99 along with the Stainsafe fabric protection plan that cost $ 159.97 on 4/25/2017. I thought that the warranty should be a good idea since I am investing in a good piece of furniture. Well, on August 28 th my daughter wasn't feeling well and she vomited on the sofa leaving it with some big stains in couple cushions. I thought that I would be fine since I have the warranty. I called the next day on 8/30 and reported my claim. I explained how and where it happened and the agent told me that a technician would be contacting me in a couple of days. Well, after 13 days I never heard from the technician, so I decided to call the number that was on the letter I received from Stainsafe. The technician made up a story that he contacted me, but didn't get hold off me. That's not right, I gave him my cel phone number and didn't see any voicemails from him. Anyways, we discussed to set up an appointment and the next appointment he could give me is another 8 days on 9/18. I was like, well whatever let's set up the time. By then, then stains started to look ugly because they were dried and stinking. The technician called me on 9/18 and wanted me to help him find a parking because he couldn't find one and he had to park very far. My wife was already at home waiting for the technician. But just to help this guy find a parking, I had to leave work and by the time I get home, my wife already had him park in our garage. So, I went up and he had already left. I asked the Stainsafe Agent on the phone and he goes like you claim has been denied. I was shocked!!! Why would I pay 159.00 for a service that doesn't work. I should not be the person to suffer just because stainsafe didn't send a technician on time. Anyways, I want Stainsafe to deliver as promised and clean my sofa. I have read many complaints on the internet and I have seen so many people take legal action just to get the claim processed (Source: plenty of complaints on different complaint boards website). Not only that, I have also read the Florida Attorney General investigated for unfair and deceptive trade practices). I also found a person who was in the same exact limbo as I and he had to go through a news channel to get his claim processed (Source: http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6937886). Also based on the news found on the site " The I-Team learned a Florida-based investment firm took control of Stainsafe about two months ago. A representative said they have already started making major changes in customer service."

Very poor service!

• Ki
      13th of Nov, 2007
    Stainsafe - extended warranty
    Canada
    stainsafe.com

Stainsafe, in my opinion, is unscrupulous. They consistently deny claims without good reason, give customers the ultimate "run-a-round" by delaying as long as possible, and they fail to pay their bills.

It is not only customer's who have purchased the extended warranty who are left out in the cold, it happens to the service people they contract to fix/inspect the furniture.

I cannot believe that a company with such a bad record can still be in business.....no wonder they were dropped by La-Z-Boy.

Extended warranties are beneficial with furniture you expect to keep for years to come, but only if the warranty is honoured.......BEWARE!!!

• Ro
      29th of Nov, 2007
    Stainsafe - Will not honor claim!
    Stainsafe

I just bought new couches and on Thanksgiving we had a big party. The next morning I noticed a stain on the couch. I filed a claim and was denied because they do not cover stains of unknown origin. I suppose I should have set up 24 hour security cameras to monitor the couches day and night. Then I would be able to identify the origin of the stain. Something should be done about this place. I see hundreds of complaints. There should be a class action lawsuit to get everyone their money back.

2nd of Apr, 2008
    Stainsafe - Don't buy protection plan from Stainsafe
    Stainsafe Inc
    Massachusetts
    www.stainsafe.com/

Its been one year and 13 phone calls made to stainsafe and my valid claim goes into trash just because a store location is moved.(They call it as original store closed.. just to find an excuse not to pay the claim.. BTW store is lazyboy.. they are at multiple locations in Boston area!)

Shame on stainsafe.. junk customer service.. Rude people.. Offcourse if they prolong a claim by not paying it for years either store location will be changed or closed!

Worst customer service and a company that explores all avenues to not reimburse claim.. You pay for protection and they return pre-rated portion with an excuse like the one I mentioned!

8th of May, 2008
    Stainsafe - Bad service
    Stainsafe

When I finally got a claim through them they used a company in a different state to come. Since it's not worth it for that company to drive 150 miles to look at my furniture they didn't want to come when I didn't have to *** work. When they finally came I waited 3 months for parts to come in and then they sent a repair company from the CITY I LIVE IN! When I asked stainsafe to use the same repair company that was in my city for my second claim they refused even though they had sent them a week before! This ordeal has been nothing short of a nightmare! When I've called they play the recording that my call is very important to them and 30 seconds later say they have high call volume and hang up on me! In the future I will not purchase an extended warranty from any company that uses them!

23rd of May, 2008
    Stainsafe - They will not fix my coach
    www.stainsafe.com

It has been a year and an approved repair has not been done, no fights, no fuzz, no action, they have not been rude or denied anything, just keep on promising the part ordered is yet to come. After reading all these reviews I am filing small claims court on them ...thank you for all the ammo ( I will print all these reviews) for me to take to court with me and show the judge their "modus operandi" they do not deny claims, they just don’t fix or pay them; stainsafe will try to wear you out hoping your busy life will make you go away.

• Ri
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I am currently waiting (for over 1.5 years) for my refund since they (SS) came to my home and ruined my ottoman and couch. The solution: refund warranty price...yet as noted to date no reciept. That is why I have contacted Attorney General for FL. and also requested the company's Service Agent Also, as outlined in Florida's corporate statues 48.091...to date the latter no reply.

10th of Feb, 2009

Wow, I can't believe this - I just got off the phone with Stainsafe to file a claim because my recliner is tearing and guess what - it was denied because the "type" of tear is not covered. I was so mad so when I got on computer to file a complaint with BBB I was shocked to find out how wide spead the problem with this company really is. Apparently it is a big scam and the really sad part is that I actually purchased a new item over the weekend (right before I found out what this company was actually all about) and purchased the warranty to be on the safe side - and now I find out that I just wasted money. Now I'm stuck with 2 items with a "fake" warranty and out a lot of money while someone at Stainsafe is sitting on their _ _ _ while I'm out working hard everyday!!!

• Ap
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I got the same excuse and when I corrected them because the store wasn't gone or out of business they found another reason not to fix my chair and want to refund my money. I will never buy a warranty on furniture again no matter who it is with.

• Gl
      23rd of Mar, 2009
    Stainsafe - would not honor contract
    LVRMS
    El Cerrito
    California

I purchased a glass tabe top from levitz. I also purchased a warranty for the table from stainsafe. The table broke on one corner in 2017 I submitted a claim to them 4 times and finally on the last submisstion which was 9/08 they wrote back that they could not honor the warranty because it had not been reported in the required time. I faxed my request for replacement of the table as soon as it happened as well as calling to leave a message and mailed the application to them. I received no response from them until 9/08 when they
    denied the claim. I was unable to find my original appl so I did not challenge the decision. But just this week I found the email sent to them in '07. I am resubmitting my request. We'll see what happens. I am totally displeased in the way the stainsafe company disregarded my warranty.

• Tl
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Your right Ronald, Sainsafe is a scam. they do not honor their warranty. I will never buy their warranty and make sure to tell my friends and family. The only thing they took was my money!!! Mel.

• La
      24th of Jul, 2009

Totally agree. What you have to do to actually talk with someone is to 'file a claim' option and then you'll get to speak with someone in 40 minutes...haha. Good luck!

• Fe
      27th of Feb, 2010

I have the same problem with cracking leather sofa after about 7 years. My warranty is for 7 years. I understand this company is now bankrupt and out of business! Is this correct? Can the warranty be directed to some other company?