Sst / Customer harassment

1 United States

I had a credit card account with WAMU and it was sold to SST without my knowledge. In turn my payment was late to SST and I have been rudely harassed by telephone as well as my cell phone. They call every hour ( seriously) and talk to me as if I am some lazy bum who doesn't pay their bills. I have repeatedly told them that I had the payment scheduled to be electronically paid through my bank and that it is on it's way but they kept on insisting that I pay over the phone. They kept warning me that I will incrue late fees if they don't receive their payment by a certain date and that some banks don't get the payment sent on time. I also never had a problem with my bank ever getting a payment sent late. I told them I scheduled it to be sent the day before it was officially due. They still continued to hound me and speak to me rudely. The calls kept coming every hour to the point were I had to stop answering my phone. I had my husband call to stop the calls but they were just as rude to him and spoke to him as if he was trying to talk his way out of paying. I am not looking forward to the next bill because I know that even though I sent the payment on time I will still be billed a late fee. They have no website either. When you call they tell you to call back later after you spend the time putting all you information through on the phone. I am by no means a slacker, but have been dealt with as if I am by SST.