Sports Authority / Delivery and Assembly

1 Mansfield, MA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Golds Gym strength Tower from Sports Authority and was told I would get a delivery call in 36 hours. But I wasn't told that they would tell me we will deliver and assemble in almost 3 weeks! After complaining to the store they apologized and said there is nothing they can do. Well 2 1/2 weeks later with a delivery time of 2-5 PM, they showed up at 4:30! When they got inside and started to unload, they said " We don't have all the Parts!" Now I am really mad, and I said, well why don't you call the store and get the parts from the display model. The assembler said " let me call and ask my boss". The assembler came back inside and said they can't do it because his boss ( Ken) from the D&A department said the store said no. Well, I called the store to find out why, and the Manager by the name of Steve said " I said no such thing! I said they can come and get whatever they want as long as the customer is happy!" So I called Ken back to ask why he lied and he said "Well ahhh, ummm, he said no at first but than said yes" I then asked Ken for his last name because I wanted to speak to a manager and he said "NO! I am not giving you anything!" When I asked him why he stated " I don't have to!" I said aren't you an employee of SA? He stated NO, I'm not (another lie) He would not give me his full name, the store manager who I called again, stuck by his word and said "I never ever said no to him at all!" When I talked to Ken again his comment was "I am not sending my guy to take another part and then come back to assemble your stuff, it's too late now!" Well I said but it's not my fault they came a half an hour before it was time for them to leave. Ken then said "well, I can either reschedule you, or you can return it to the store" It's not my problem. Ken from D&A was a very rude person and should not be in any position of authority. To lie to a customer, treat them rude, and then deny to give them his last name is horrible and reflects on Sports authority since I have purchased my last Item from Sports Authority.

Jv

Comments

8th of May, 2012

It is fairly standard for employees NOT to give their last names to customers, especially in retail. I'm pretty sure that if you contacted corporate and told them the same thing you posted here that they can figure out who Ken is without you having his last name.