Spa Berry

Posted: Sep 7, 2015 by

Hot tub

4.55
We have a product that is being sold at the Medicine Hat Home show every year, and after getting it repaired last November, is now broken again due to their main board blowing, a $800 part. The same part I had to replace under a year ago, and the most expensive part as well. The product is a Spaberry hot tub sold out of Calgary. Purchased it in October of 2012 and have had nothing but issues with it since then.

My wife and I are at our wits end, once again left with an expensive product that is now a lump outside, unusable.
Complaint comments Comments (13)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Pool & Bath Services

Comments

A  30th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
My Spa Berry Experience
If you want a tub that starts to malfunction within the first month ... buy a Spa Berry
If you want a tub that malfunctions within the first 3 months... buy a Spa Berry
If you want a tub that malfunctions within the first year ... buy a Spa Berry
If you want a warranty where you are required to converse with a company that resides in another city 1000 miles away and they do not sell Spa Berry tubs … buy a Spa Berry
If you like to take pictures or videos of the malfunctioning equipment and poor workmanship … buy a Spa Berry
If you like to take the time to send those pictures and videos to some other company other than the Spa Berry company you bought the tub from, for warranty claims … buy a Spa Berry
If you like to take the time, to forward the pictures and videos of the defective equipment, only to have Spa Berry say it is not covered by the Spa Berry limited warranty, when the warranty on your tub has not expired … buy a Spa Berry
If you like to work on failed equipment in the middle of winter … buy a Spa Berry
If you like to constantly try to contact the president of VisionWerx and only get a reply when that person so choses … Buy a Spa Berry
If you would like to resolve any issues or concerns you have with your tub with the president of VisionWerx, only to have those issues and concerns thrown back in your face … buy a Spa Berry
If you like to feel intimidated and be given misleading information … buy a Spa Berry

Before you spend your hard earned dollars, and you are thinking about buying a Spa Berry, please do your home work
A  30th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
I purchased a brand new Spaberry at the OC Fair. 2 weeks for delivery. Less than 1hr to stop working. It never reached a warm temp and I never got in the hot tub. It clearly has some electrical problems. I want them to come get it. Thinking about suing.
N  13th of Sep, 2016 by    -1 Votes
Here is a facebook group with many owners that are having issues

N  21st of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
We are waiting for out Spaberry tub to arrive this week. I have just found this complaint section on the computer. I am wondering if I should cancel my order? From what I have read this is not a good product or company. It did take 4 e-mails and the threat to cancel our order to get a response back regarding an ETA for our tub.
Natalie in Kelowna BC
N  12th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
@Natalie52 We are in kelowna as well. Thinking about getting one . Did u get yours and how did it work out for you?
N  13th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
We did get ours and we are loving it. It is not an easy item to get set up, at least not for us. It took my husband & 2 sons 1 1/2 hrs to get it from our driveway through the house and onto the deck. Very awkward to move.
Aside from that our only issue is my husband and I are both approx 200lbs and I feel this tub was made for smaller people. We fit fine but we lose alot of water and need to add some to cover the jets when we are done. We had asked about this prior to purchase but were advised it would be perfectly fine.
If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask
N  30th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Natalie52 Natalie, we bought our SpaBerry in 2012. It has been far the best health equipment we have every purchased because we use it all the time. It is a heavy two person hottub and it took a while to maneuver it around to the deck. I have since replaced the speakers (waste of time really), pump and heater and now the lower control has gone (it won't heat up past 95*). I have never had a hard time replacing the parts myself and will replace the lower control and will continue to use it. SpaBerry people have been quite helpful with advice and getting me the parts I need. I have no complaints about the service.
We found that we have to keep the water level down to the middle to top of the upper jets so that it won't spill over.
All-in-all, this is the cost of owning a hot tub. Oh, I will have to replace the top cover as well at some point as it has broken in the middle and bows slightly in the middle.. Gavin
N  25th of Aug, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Natalie52 We have finally received our 6.0 after 8weeks of waiting. Had to make threatening phone calls of cancelling before they finally responded. It is much heavier that we thought, and with the added water and my husband and I (who are both 200lbs+), we had to build a base for it that could sustain all that weight. We finally sat in it this morning and the water was going over the sides. EXACTLY the issue you described! And at the home show...they assured us that there would be no problem with our size and enjoying the tub together. Now we have to take turns...so dissappointed:(
N  14th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
We bought a spa berry 5 2 person tub. Haven't had it quite a month. Last night it stopped heating and reads ECN. Not happy. Hard to find any info on trouble shooting. Doesn't stay hot enough to sit in more than 10-15mins. in the cold. Not to happy with it!
N  30th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Maria Root Maria contact SpaBerry and they can assist you, as they did me, with programming the computer. The economy mode is not hot.
N  21st of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Maria Root We had that issue as well with it not getting hot enough, we got our electrician to wire it to 208/240 power instead, it's awesome now!
The electrician said it was not hard because the tub couldn't mes with the option for 208/240 but most people don't know about that.
We can stay in for hours not even on cold days and only lose a degree or so.
N  5th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Gavinkm How do you contact SpaBerry...we have no contact information. WEndy
N  11th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hi Had my Spaberry for a couple of years now & it's been great but the Customer Service guy in Alberta is an absolute [censored]! Ordered products from their webpage & did not receive what was in the picture, far inferior piece of crap & they will not refund! Tried talking to him but told me basically he makes all the decisions and he's not refunding! Total [censored] & totally disillusioned with SpaBerry now.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree