Software-hq.net / Over billing, refusal to reply

UnknownUnknown, OH, United States Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 1-800-784-3167

I originally found the Software-hq.net site by Googling “Adobe.com” and following some link. On their site they seem to offer all sorts of software support. All I wanted was Adobe updates just as soon as they became available. They offered this service for 3 years at $12.65 per year – total $37.95. I worked through the purchase process, including my credit card information, expecting to see the usual final proposed payment screen with options for correcting inaccuracies, when a screen with the amount $70.80 appeared. There was no way to do anything on that screen other than “accept” or close the screen, which accomplished the same thing.

When the charge appeared on my VISA statement complete with phone number, I called. Their automated system offers a choice of speaking to the billing department or sending an e-mail. The billing department route leads to the message that “All representatives are busy ... Please leave a message, and a representative will call you just as soon as possible.” I left my name and number and asked them to call. Then I phoned them once more, and this time chose the e-mail option, again with the assurance that I would be contacted by e-mail “...as soon as possible.” I waited 2 days, then called and e-mailed again. I repeated this at least 5 or 6 times with no response by either method for two weeks. I finally decided that I had been swindled by a company that has no intention whatever of contacting me in any way.

So I call VISA and filed a Dispute request. The payment will be stopped unless Software-hq responds and explains their actions & non-actions to VISA.
To

Comments

Ab
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I found the Software HQ site while trying to secure software for a video copying program. They offered the 3-year package for 37.95. After downloading their program I found it was not what I had requested and e-mailed them for reimbursement. I received no reply. I then decided after continued failed attempts to write it off as a loss, until I received my credit card statement and found they had charged me $70.80 for this scam program. After calling to voice my complaint the party said I will have to e-mail my complaint and they will get back to me. They never did. Also, since having been ripped off by this scam group, I have been receiving e-mail from "Grant Funding Search", "Cash4Gold" and some others.
Ju
  5th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wow, the exact same thing just happened to me today. However, I did get a live person in their billing department and I wish that I had not. She asked me how she could direct my call, and I told her I needed billing. She said "this is billing, how may I direct you call". I then said "not sure, need to speak to someone regarding my charges". She then said, "this is billing, how may I direct your call" only this time in a hostile tone. I again asked for billing and then she said "you are a ###ed, stupid f*&^ing B$% and then hung up on me. I tried all day to call back, and had no response. I also got an email from them stating their refund policy (that is not stated on the order page). I am too disputing my charges. Good luck.
Br
  15th of Feb, 2009
I to was scamed by them, however I reported their site. ip address and all other pertinent info to the FBI and Secret Service as well as disputed my charge. Hopefully this will prevent others from our fates.
Jo
  23rd of Feb, 2009
this is a rip-off. i do not want this product because the charge for it isn't the same, and i don't want to cancel. thank you john aleski
Jo
  23rd of Feb, 2009
DEAR SIRS: I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL MY PURCHASE, BECAUSE I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN CHARGE MORE THAN WHAT I ORDERED. SO PLEASE CANCEL MY PURCHASE PLEASE. THANK YOU JOHN R. ALESKI