Smooth Away / Rip off ---DONT BUY IT!!!

United States, California Review updated:
Smooth Away
I ordered Smooth Away 1/3/09 for my daughter using her $25 gift card she received for Christmas. The invoice came up as $14.99 (two pack) + $6.99 S&H = $21.98 right? wrong! The gift card went through no problem...leaving a balance of $3.02 which she later used for something else. By 1/16/09 the order still has not arrived. I pulled it back up on line and now it shows $14.99 + $13.98 S&H = $28.97 due??? So I FINALLY get through on the phone to them (35 min wait) to be told my card was declined. No doubt...it was only a $25 gift card. So, I ask for the rep's supervisor. Carolyn is too incompetent to understand this simple scenario. I tell her we no longer have the gift card. She could re-charge $25 towards the order and then let me pay the difference of $3.97 in another form of payment. She couldn't understand that and flat out refused. Said I would need to provide another credit card...RED FLAGS!!! She stated there was no one else I could speak with regarding this...oh right...I just reported them to the Better Business Bureau and next I will go to the Food & Drug Admin...PLEASE DONT BOTHER - OTHER SITES SAY THAT SMOOTH AWAY IS MORE PAINFUL THEN SHAVING AND THE HAIR GROWS BACK FASTER...What a rip off! Buyer beware...we will go back to waxing!

N  1st of Jan, 2009 by

Smooth Away - shipping and handling charge

I ordered product, which came to $34.97. At the time of order, I was not told shipping charges. They charged me $25.96 shipping and handling. Much overcharged for a small 2 lb. package. It has arrived. I did not open. Am sending it back. And calling for a refund.
N  8th of Jan, 2009 by
I have had the same problem... but I was roped into the "extra" replacement pads and I ended up being charged $60.93 and I didn't find that out until I looked at the statement. They never told me how much they were charging me when I ordered. I tried to call the very next day to cancel my order and the 1-866-655-4341 doesn't go anywhere. They say that they are busy and to call again later. I can not find another number to call, but I filled out some response form that came with the confirmation email and I never received a response and I sent it twice. I have now received my order, but I won't open it, because I want to return it. Does anyone have a good number to call to talk to someone? I am so frusterated that they would be so blatant that they are scamming you!
A  27th of Jan, 2009 by
They not only rip you off with the shipping charges - $25.96, but the product definitely does NOT work! I tried SEVERAL times, following the directions to a 'tee'...After using the methods exactly as directed, I saw no results! I even shaved, and waited 3 days for the hair to be at the length they suggest - NOTHING! The most painful was using it for my underarms...OUCH! It burned my underarms so badly, it was 3 days before I could put deoderant on again! Gimmicks, gimmicks, gimmicks...when will we learn...
N  28th of Jan, 2009 by
Thank You, thank you, thank you! I was going to order a set each for my daughter and myself. It did sound too good to be true. You saved me a big hassle by having these complaints available. Debbie
N  3rd of Feb, 2009 by
The product does not work as described. More importantly...they over charge you for shipping. They actually double shipped to us and charged us over $90. We sent back the first shipment unopened - as an unexcepted delivery through the USPS which is how they shipped it. That is what they told us to do when we saw that they tripple charged us. 2 weeks later, they say they don't have it back. I paid to send the 2nd shipment back, and they say they recieved that one, but they are only crediting us $14.95. So we are still out $75. This is a scam.
N  26th of Feb, 2009 by
I had no shipping scam I was only charged $24.oo and got mine in a week. It does not work though, I had to use it my way to get any hair removed. I was gonna send it back for a refund, but not after all the scamming I have read on getting a refund from them
N  5th of Mar, 2009 by
I got roped into this deal as well nut I was able to get a service rep on the 866-655-4341 number but when I called she stated my order had already been shipped I wonder how long it will take 1. for the shipment to get here so I can refuse it. 2.how long if ever I get my money back
N  14th of Apr, 2009 by

Smooth Away - ripped off
pissed off in missouri

ordered smooth away and paid for fast delivery...still have not seen product...they say they have no information on my order but have billed my bank account $34...I had my bank fax over a request for refund...I was refunded $14.99...still haven't seen any product... time to get the attorney general involved... shame on the TV stations that allow smooth away to air on their station.
A  14th of Apr, 2009 by
the same thing happened to me... 2 months later the Items arrived. Then when you get the damn thing its sooooo much work - not worth the time or money spent.

N  13th of May, 2009 by
N  9th of Jul, 2009 by

Smooth Away - Don't buy this product!

Smooth Away made my skin very irritated and it takes forever to use. I returned it and was only refunded the $14.99 product charge and not the $14.99 ship/handling fee! On top of that, I had to pay $7.00 to send it back. The ship/handling fee is WAY too high for such a small box and the product sucks!!!
N  27th of Aug, 2009 by
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU 100%. I bought this product from Walgreens and used it on my legs because
I thought it would be a lot easier than having. WRONG!!! It irritated my legs so bad that I have like a razor burn kind of thing going on but it a ton of little painful bumps all over them. I definitely think they should take this product off the shelf.
N  8th of Jan, 2010 by

Smooth Away - scam
smooth away

here is the number to call and cancel 1-866-655-4341. if it is still being processed you will get all of your money back. i was amazed about the $60 charge on my account. i ordered it on the 6th and they took the money the next day and i cancelled on the 8th after seeing this site. ladies your best bet is to use veet, they have all sorts of products for all your hair removal needs.
D  17th of Feb, 2010 by
I recently canceled an order and received a reply by email from Smooth Away:

Shipping, processing, and handling are not refundable.

So what gives??
N  17th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I recently canceled an order from Smooth Away and got this reply by email:

Shipping, processing, and handling are not refundable.

So what gives ...??
N  23rd of Mar, 2010 by
I wish I had read this before my aunt ordered this product. She phoned because she had no idea the shipping charges would be so exhorbitant. She just experienced the same nonsense, i.e. she asked to speak with a supervisor and the male customer service person just put her on hold for an extended period of time. When she did not hang up, he came back on and basically told her he wasn't going to transfer her to anyone.
N  16th of Nov, 2011 by

Smooth Away - This is a terrible product
Smooth Away

This is not what it says, this is sandpaper on plastic. Its is 80grid sandpaper, you stick to the plastic, and then you rub your skin. You don't notice at first but you are rubbing off your skin and NO hair is bieng removed. After a few hours the area that you rubbed is soar kind like a sunburn or 2nd degree burn. This is a terrible product and no one should buy this.