Smooth Away / monthly fee charged to my credit card

United States Review updated:
4.65

Once i placed my order i received a notice of a monthly fee for $19.95 to be charged to my credit card for a monthly membership fee. (Value Plus Trial Period) I simlpy placed an order. I do not want a membership in anything. Can you help?

Comments

St
  20th of Oct, 2008
Did you call customer service at (818) 485-3014? That's the number listed on their website. Just curious.
Pe
  28th of Oct, 2008
I just went through a similar situation with another company Guthy Renker. I will admit, it was a lengthy process. Immediately contact the company and have them discontinue the membership. Insist that they credit your credit card for the charges in question. If they do not, you can file a dispute with your credit card to have the charges reversed. It took about 2 hours of my time, to resolve my issue.

Serves me right for buying crap on tv. If they sell it on TV, it usually means that it's not good enough for a store to carry.
Be
  2nd of Nov, 2008
the same thing happen 2 me they should get in trouble 4 this we the customer should, nt have 2 go 2 ouredit card companies 2 get our money back when they don, t have permission 2 take more than our order thats why nobody can trust 2 order online anymore there, ruining it by cheating customers it will get where they, ll not get any orders an lose there hind end!!!
Al
  10th of Nov, 2008
I got scammed with the smooth away product from idea village. When I had called them to verify my billing info no one seemed to give me the correct information so I went online to check out the status only to find out the site was non exsiting. I cancelled my credit card right away and am determined to bust them out.What a poor way to handle buisness. LOSERS!
Sh
  26th of Nov, 2008
For all of you, there has been a similar product on the market for years at WALGREEN's in the personal section, e.g., nail polish, etc. There is no "handle" but it is the same principle and I have used them for years. What "smooth away" did was add plastic handles and charge an outrageous amount of money.
Kl
  12th of Dec, 2008
It took a month for me to receive my order and I was totally disappointed.
First, they charged as much for shipping as for the product. There is no way that tiny box cost $14 to ship.
Second, though I followed directions exaclty, the product did not work at all.
I hope they don't try to keep charging me like they have done to previous posters, or I will sue them. They picked the wrong person to mess with.
The thing is, I never order from TV ads. I ordered this because Whoopi Goldberg said on the View TV show that she loved this product and used it all the time. I don't know how it worked for her because it sure did not work for me.
Ce
  13th of Dec, 2008

miami
Delaware

i ordered it 2 months ago they just stole my money and u know u could sew them 4 false advertising n 4 taking your money 4 all they got
Pa
  31st of Dec, 2008
I bought Smooth Away from CVS Pharmacy for $9.99 + tax. When I tried it the stupid stuff wouldn't even remove the peach fuzz from my arm. I tried to contact the company and customer service on their website and there is no way to leave an email for this company that I know of. I wouldn't recommend this crap to my worst enemy. It does not work. I really hate it when a company makes its wallet fat at the consumers expense. They shouldn't be able to advertise the product falsely the way they do when it doesn't work as they say it does. The ads that say it does work you can bet the people get paid to lie about it. I guess the saying is right "if it sounds too good to be true...it usually is". I'm glad I waited for CVS to sell it or I would be having a fit having my credit card repeatedly charged. Anything that is advertised on TV usually comes to a CVS or Walgreens drug store in my state. I don't like shopping online for this very reason.
Ve
  2nd of Jan, 2009

Smooth Away - Charged my account

I attempted to place an online order and it took me to an new window where you had to place an additonal order for pads, I exited out of the site, call smoothaway and they stated the order did not go there. 2 months later I recd a charge on my debit card, called smoothway spoke to someone who couldnt speak english, told me she would stop the order and give refund, 2 days later the charge was done again, call smoothaway spoke to customer service who told me the order had not shipped and I could stop it and get refund, he transferred me to someone else who stated it had shipped that day, request to speak to Sup and advised me the same thing, recd the package in the mail, Refused it...now 7days later smoothaway is telling me they have not recd my package back, I will continue to call 3 times a day until this matter is resolved, they took me for 58.94
Ma
  14th of Jan, 2009
I too have been scammed by Smooth Away! You can't email them or contact them by phone. If you order online, there is no way to know your order was processed, so you try again. Then you are charged twice. Thinking the orders didn't go through, I ordered by phone. I only wanted standard shipping and said no to priority shipping, but when I received the bill, I was charged almost $27.00 for shipping and handling! I will never order anything from a TV commericial again.

Mary Ann
Ja
  24th of Jan, 2009

SmoothAway
Florida

I tried the small SmoothAway on my chin, and upper lip, and I followed the directions exactly, but I still got burned. It was like having a brush burn, and guess what, it did not remove the hair on my chin. I feel like I wasted my money. Believe me it doesn't work like on TV.

Janet
Jacksonville, FL
Fr
  30th of Jan, 2009
I just got off the phone with one of their representatives and the trick is to keep waiting you will get through. I was just about to hang up when someone answered. I told her that i had been waiting for my package since the eigth of january and that we are now entering February and still no package. She then tell me that the item should have arrived already and that she would send out a replacement free of charge if i wanted. After reading all these complaints I told her "no thank you". I don't want to wait another month for it and i sure don't want them to "accidently" charge my credit card for the replacement. Now, i just hope they do credit my account cause when i asked her for a confirmation number she said that someone would give me a call back and give me it. That sounds weird to me but i hope they do it.
Pe
  28th of Feb, 2009

Smooth Away - Unauthorized billing
Smooth Away
getsmoothaway.com

My bill was not displayed at time of internet order. What was advertised at $14.99+shipping and handling, turned into $60.93 on my visa card. I called smoothaway to complain and tell them i was going to send the product back to them. They said ok, and they would apply a $10.00 credit to my account, for a future purchase. When I asked about $50.93, smooth away said they wouldn't include that in the refund. I told them my next move was to call visa and see what they could do. My visa rep was named Kevin, he had a strong accent, and I asked where he was located? He said he was in India. I explained the situation to him and he agreed that he could do something about it, and gave me instructions on what to do Thanks to Kevin, in India, Visa rep, you did a nice job and your english was pretty good too.
Ho
  6th of Mar, 2009
I agree with the comments posted above. It's very rare that the products we order on-line are worth the "so called" special on-line or television price.

Like some of the respondents, I try to find the product at regular stores. This way if there is a problem, we can take the item back and get a refund or at the very least, a store credit. The adage, 'let the buyer beware' is absolutely true. I've learned from my past mistakes and hope that others will learn from our collective mistakes.
Lp
  21st of Mar, 2009
The same thing happened to me. I was charged $60 for a $14 dollar product. What can I do?
El
  6th of Jul, 2009

79 WESTMINSTER ROAD
Brooklyn
New York
Phone: 7182824106

I HAVE PLACED A ORDER WITH SMOOTHEAWAY OFFICIAL WEBSITE ONLINE ON 6/05/09. I AS YET DID NOT RECEIVE MY ORDER. I CALLED TWO TIMES AND EVEN EMAIL THEM. I REQUESTED THAT I GET A REFUND OF $28.97 BACK TO MY ACCOUNT. I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY BANK TO RECEIVE THAT CREDIT. IT HAS BEING 2 WEEKS ALREADY.

Sh
  3rd of Jan, 2012
there was no pads in my smooth away box