Smoke Assist / Smoke Assist Scam

These people are running a scam! Do NOT order anything form them EVER. I called after hearing a commercial on the radio for a special to get it for free, the only thing you were required to pay was the shipping & handling. Or so they said...He told me that it would cost $70 ish, so I said no I didn't want it. They called the next day & asked why I didn't order & I told them that was too much money and I didn't want to spend that much. Then they said well we can let you have it for free except the shipping & handling. I recieved the package in the mail, and all was good. There was only a $9.95 charge on my account. They started calling all the time asking for my card number to confirm and blah blah. And I, not thinking, would give it to them. They said it was to recieve a $100 gas card, which I never got. Random charges kept poping up on my account. I called them to cancel my membership and everything connected to that & they said okay thats fine. I also asked them to take all the random charges off. They put them back in my account, but them turned aroung and took them right back out! I called again & the man said he could't help me, but said he would have the people who could call me back. I said no, give me the number so I can call them. He gave me a number & I called it. It was a disconnected number. Those crooks kept taking unauthorized charges out, so finally I had to kill my card, and get a new one. I don't want anyone else to have to go through that horrible experience so please, do not contact them ever.

Comments

16th of Dec, 2010

I have reviewed complaints on this and other consumer forums / boards against certain e-cig companies, which promise to ship a new e-cig kit for $0.00 plus $9.95 or $14.95 shipping, and then two weeks later charge the customer $149 or more based on inconspicuous and inconsistent "small print" language in the offer page of the website. In fact, in some cases the customers suffered credit card charges of $370 or more within a couple months of entering into what was supposed to be a $14.95 transaction. We are a law firm with bar admissions in Pennsylvania, New York, District of Columbia, Georgia and West Virginia. We have also appeared in matters in California, Florida, Illinois, Ohio and elsewhere. We may be able to represent victims of any such wrongful credit card charges in a lawsuit against the responsible parties. There would be no fee to the victims unless there is a recovery. Please contact me at the email address indicated to discuss your potential claim. [protected]@steelcitylawyers.com

• Am
      17th of Jan, 2011

I think that thier company should be sued for taking money out of peoples accounts without their permission. They have charged me 170 dollars and I have not even had a chance to try the product for thisty days. Smoke assist is a scam and frud!