Sleekspaces.com / Charged for lamps that I never rec'd!

The website: Sleek Spaces, which claims to be a member of "Gately's Family" of Stores, charged my credit card $200 for a pair of lamps that I have not received. The order was placed over a month ago. All calls to customer service place me on hold for upwards of 30 mins and in some instances I've been hung up on. Voicemails and email messages go unanswered. I was able to speak to a live representative at one point who did say my credit card would be credited a portion of the sale due to the delay - this never happened. I was told the items were backordered and it would be shipping within 10 days - still haven't seen my lamps.

More Sleekspaces.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Be
      20th of Sep, 2007
    Sleekspaces.com - Fraud and cheating!

I ordered over a month ago, furniture did not arrive was told that it will be delivered in a week after second attempt to contact the company. Finally canceled the order and I was told that I will be credited within 10 days, 15 days later no credit on my account tried to contact them again the next day after I emailed the company. The company is closed and all voicemail are full. I was scammed for $399. Please beware do not purchase from this company!!!

• Jc
      22nd of Sep, 2007

Charged me July 13 for table and couch.Almost October no returned calls, e mailed back once to thank me for patience manager will notify me when shipment comes.

This is fraud, beware!

• Ca
      29th of Sep, 2007

If you purchased from any of the Gately's Family of Stores, which includes FutonsStore.com, Sleek Spaces, and MANY MORE... Please file a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau. Go to bbb.org, the company is listed as Gatelys.

This company has had 230 complaints filed in the last 36 months. They have also filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Sept 17, 2007.

Additionally, file a disupte with your bank or credit card lender against Gately's.

Let's all do what we can to put pressure on this fraudulent company.

• Jk
      8th of Oct, 2007

In the same situation. Ordered my coffee table over 1 month ago. Numerous email correspondence with only one email back stating they would look into the status then get back to me. They have no gotten back to me and when I call either their offices are closed or their phones are being repaired. I guess it was too good to be true to have a table that retails for $1599 at furniture stores for $599 at Sleek Spaces. I agree with all the other complaints, this is fraud!! Hopefully my credit card company can remove the charge. That will be another battle.

• Ag
      9th of Oct, 2007

I ordered furniture over 3 months ago, no calls, no e-mails, no merchandise! Had to dispute transactions and found a better website: www.exoticaunique.com, with better Prices and Excellent customer service and I got my product in a timely manner. Please go there instead. They are way better!

12th of Oct, 2007

I've seen some discussion on this blog regarding sleekspaces.com, and that company is in Chapter 11 as of Sept. 17, 2007. Gatelys is the company that owns sleekspaces.com, bedroomking.com, and a host of other furniture sites. They'll take your money, but they are in bankruptcy and you won't see your produced delivered. I can tell you firsthand it's difficult to get your money back. BEWARE OF GATELYS and it's subsidiaries...

12th of Oct, 2007

• Je
      15th of Oct, 2007

Yep, Im going through the exact same situation now. When you call their phone number its some BS message about having problems with the phone lines and they are working on it. It has been saying that for almost 3 weeks!

• Is
      26th of Oct, 2007

I ordered a bench through Sleekspaces.com (Belongs to Gately's network) back in April. The website posted a delivered in 6-8 business days. I was charged promptly and after 2 weeks waiting for the product and not receiving I decided to call and ask for an update, that was when I found out that was a delay period of two weeks. Another two weeks passed and nothing.... Finally in July they promised me I will be receiving my furniture in August 16th. Came August 16th and no furniture, I called them again and told I would like to cancel my order and have my money back. I was told I would receive the money in 7-10 business days. We are in October 26th and I did not receive my money back. Yesterday I went to their website and is currently unavailable, I called and was on hold for 30 min and nothing...was directed to a voice mail and that's it. I sent an email and no reply.
    Does anybody have idea or advice in how to get my money back?

• Da
      29th of Oct, 2007

Sleekspaces.com has filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy!

After not receiving a return phone call or email for 6 weeks, I drove over to the office in Englewood Colorado. The remaining staff told me that they filed bankruptcy Chapter 11 and they are not filling any orders at this time. They said that they have money available to refund for unfulfilled orders. I strongly suggest that you cancel your order and contact your bank card and file a dispute.

• Sl
      22nd of Sep, 2014
    Sleekspaces.com - Out of date information on posting
    Sleek Spaces.com
    Greenbrae
    California

Correction! Sleek Spaces is not in Chapter 11 and is not currently owned by the Gatelys. The url (name only) was bought from the public domaine years ago. The "information" you have posted here is many years out of date, incorrect, irrelevant and slanderous. In the interests of goodwill, the current owners of Sleek Spaces will offer a 50% discount on any single item on the SleekSpaces website if you can produce a receipt from the Gatelys and if you are willing to get https://www.complaintsboard.com to remove your posting.