SiteSell.com / Online scam!

Signed up for their 30 day trial with a money back guarantee. According to the receipt they sent me, a statement found more than 4 pages deep, they stated:

2) CAD $294.76 -- we have successfully processed your credit card for CAD $294.76, which is the Canadian dollar equivalent of the American Dollar Price quoted on the Web site... US$299.

...but when checking my credit card statement, I had been charged $305.20.

That was only the first and a minor problem/scam. The larger one was that they have so far not acknowledged my request for my money back under they 30-day money back guarantee... I have made 5 requests over the last month with no success. Next of course I will contact my bank. I am posting this so that you can all save the time and trouble I had to go through to get my money back...

Most if not all of the information they charge you over $300 for can be obtained at no cost online at many locations. I recommend you stay away from these people which will save you your hard earned money.

Va

Comments

• Es
      8th of May, 2008

Thanks for the insite. Ive been looking here all day and have seen nothing but good review, and all reviews had direct links to site build it page (little fishy). Thanks to your info ill stay away and keep my money, i cant thank you enough. Thanks.

3rd of Jun, 2008

Thank you for your posting your comment. I too thought it sounded a little fishy. They are very tricky with the reviews and how to build a website having direct links to there site. I will keep my $ and stay away. They should refund your money! Thank you!

• Da
      21st of Jun, 2008

Hi Guys,

I have been using Site Build It for rover 2 years with great success and I 'm sorry that you have been having problems with getting your money back.They are difficult at times to get a hold of but do persist.I have managed to create a good little business using their product and would recommend it highly.

I have to admit that all their promotional stuff sometimes seems unbelievable and I was also highly skeptical when first started, but I have also spoken to other people using their products with great success. My website generates $200-300 dollars a month(and rising) through adsense and other affiliate incomes-which more than pays for my subscription each year.

regards
    David

• Os
      25th of Jul, 2008

Hey Everyone!

I am a person who has been scammed about 3 times! By saying scam I mean that I did not even receive information purchased or the product promised. Nothing... Nada..Zipo. And you on the other hand at least got the product to give it a try and see how it works!..

Maybe if you paid less attention to your money and more into the program then maybe you could of made those 11 dollars on the sitesell program! Or even more.

But yeah still 11 dollars is 11 dollars.. I'm pretty sure they made some kind of error. Hopefully that gets fixed. Just don’t think it’s enough to really turn people’s thoughts on either to buy the product or not.

With my experience being scammed I still know there are good programs out there who really mean what they say. Just have to really do your research before any movement.

Although you do have to think. Why are there so many people listed with their phone numbers on the website? I know it is for anyone who has doubts to give them a call. I don’t see this type of support in any other programs out there.

But yeah sorry to hear about a little error that rarely happens out of a mil!?

• Kr
      15th of Oct, 2008

I, too, have had an SBI! site for over 2 years; and it is very successful. I do not believe that you could get a similar product/service *anywhere* for $300.

I'm sorry for your trouble; I have no doubt that Sitesell will make good on their word.

• Mi
      24th of Nov, 2008

Sitesell has blown me away by OVERdelivering in every area. I'm not saying I don't believe you, and I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but as a sitesell customer, I couldn't be happier!

I strongly encourage others reading this post to understand that bad things do happen. No company is perfect and I'm sure even google has a bad rep in many areas, but they are still great!

I stand very firmly by SBI and I'm really sorry to hear about your attitude towards them...

Mike
    Jesus-christ-channel.com

• Fr
      24th of Nov, 2008

If it sounds "too good to be true" it really is.

26th of Jan, 2009

There is good and bad with regard to sitebuild it. I make about £100 a month, not much, but it is a passive income and very nice thanks. Good and not so good explained at

Hope this helps. I don't think it is a scam(although I didn't try to get a refund) but it is not a free lunch either. If floyd doesn't get his money back, that would be very interesting!!

• Mi
      1st of Apr, 2009

Same here, I ask for my refund.
    The program is not easy at all, the pictures for the website look so cheap. I am asking for my refund the only thing I get is a letter saying to think about it.
    I try to speak with a person they do not give you an answer they say you have to complaint through the internet.
    They might charged you if you try to call.

WHAT A SCAM

PLEASE RESEARCH MORE BEFORE USE THIS PRODUCT!!!

• Me
      15th of May, 2009

Sitesell isn't a scam. It is a complete guide to building an online business - WHICH IS A LOT OF WORK! It's not one of those get rich schemes that are all over the web.

The reason you see lots of sites linking back to Sitesell is because they have a nice affiliate program. People who like Sitesell can get commissions if people buy the program through those sites.

The bottom line is this - you get out of the program what you put into it. It is actually a tremendous deal, especially for those who have very limited web experience.

You got charged a few dollars extra just like I did (I'm a U.S. resident too). There is a foreign transaction fee that gets tagged on to the charge that is from the BANK.

Sitesell's customer service has a policy of getting back with you very quickly - generally within a few hours if it isn't some weird time of day (like the middle of the night). Perhaps you were not contacting the proper people. Email is the best way to get in touch with them.

I've been using their program for over a year now and they definitely OVER deliver on all their promises. My husband even bought another program because he wanted to start a site too.

It is a great way to make passive income - if you have the time and drive to build an online business. For some people, that is just too much work. I just wish that they would admit that instead of calling it a "scam."

If anyone has any questions, they are free to contact me through my site below.

Melissa
    www.boost-immune.com

• Ti
      6th of Jul, 2009

SBI IS A SCAM. STAY AWAY!!! Ever noticed that you cannnot find one critical review. They all get burried by adherents leaving thousands of "reviews" that turn out to be nothing but sales pitches. Don't get sucked in. Tell your friends.

• Ke
      19th of Jul, 2009

Sitesell or site build it is not a scam, its an MLM or pyramid scheme.

There are very few bad reviews and many glowing reviews because every one of their customers can make $75 in commission by conning others to buy the program.

That is how the company makes their money, by getting an army of zombies to sell to naive fools... More fools keep piling on, cos the world has no shortage! Haha!

• Sd
      19th of Jul, 2009

anyone know of an organization that will supplly this type of service thats not a scam? Seems like there ought to be plenty of business for a real company with a real product!

• Su
      9th of Aug, 2009

I have been a sitesell customer for a year now and I am dissapointed to say it didn't work out the way I hoped. They make it seem wayy easier than it really is. Who doesn't want to earn a passive income through a website, but your time will be much better off spent at a real job. I worked hundreds of hours writing pages and pages of content for my site only to get 300 visitors a month and $0 in revenue. And those 300 visitors was probably from my $600 that I spent trying to get traffic to my site!

• Ni
      17th of Aug, 2009

Please note that there are no affiliate links in this post.

I spent a lot of hours 3 years ago putting together a small site with Sitesell (www.back-pain-self-help.com).

I tried to start a second Sitesell project with a friend a couple of years ago, which flopped.

Throughout these experiences I have to say that the Sitesell technical support was fast and friendly. They also gave me a refund when things went wrong.

My first website was a very simple information site, without even any pictures, and it's been sadly neglected for two years. It receives nearly 1000 visitors a month as of August 2009 (see attached photo), which is frankly more than I deserve considering how little work I've done on it in the last couple of years. But I'm well pleased with Sitesell for overdelivering on that one, giving me a good, honest method of site building, and some good, simple tools, albeit not particularly polished to look at. I do expect to start generating business from it when I put in a little more energy.

On the other hand I have found SiteBuildIt! frustrating whenever I want to do anything technical, like run a database or a shop behind the basic site, or write my own HTML.

I can't lay all of my difficulties with the second website at Sitesell's door (I had trouble agreeing on fundamentals with my business partner) but I can lay some. The Sitesell user interface eventually made the project very painful and cumbersome, and the online shop facility offered by Sitesell was a nightmare. The reason is that we were trying to do something beyond the sophistication of Sitesell.

The shop facility at Sitesell has in fact been discontinued, but not before it had caused my business a good deal of pain, frustration and expense. I do feel that, whether it was a mistake or not, the shop module from Sitesell was mis-sold to us. It was a US-Canadian software package that was unsuitable for a European business as it wouldn't accept some prominent European credit cards. (You will find that Sitesell is good but not great at anything un-American or -Canadian.)

But on the whole I've gained a huge amount from the whole Sitesell experience. I say this as a professional web developer (www.thewebcompany.com.au), not just a newbie. I use stuff I learnt at Sitesell for optimising professional websites, and have impressed customers and managers sufficiently that I have carved out a niche for myself doing the search engine marketing side of the business.

With Sitesell, steer clear of technical, bleeding-edge stuff and you'll do fine. Read the articles, stick to producing good, honest content according to their guidelines, believe that your site *will* take time and effort to get right, and above all keep things simple. You'll do great if you can cope with all that. If you have a problem with any of the above, don't go near Sitesell's Site Build It! It's the wrong product for you.

I hope that feels balanced enough. I have reasons both to be extremely grateful to Sitesell and their method, and reasons to be angry with them. I don't for a moment doubt their integrity or their value for money.

Best wishes,

Nick

• Da
      10th of Oct, 2009

1st off let me tell you I am not a computer geek or web master just a preson that wants to make some extra cash on the side . Isnt that whats its all about? Well I signed up with site sell about 3 months ago. It seemed picey but I gave it a whirle. I have never had a problem with them and thier tech support is great. The info is awsome and alot of Reputable Colleges I belevie univeristy of AZ and others use this system in thier class rooms. I dont think you can find this info out at any other site. Beleive me I have tried other web site progams and this one has the info everyone needs. Alot of good content and a great fourm area with lots and lots of questions and answers. I think this might be a mistake on their part. I would keep after them. All in all I would recomend this site to anyone. Thanks

• Mo
      12th of Dec, 2009

I just joined SITESELL. I am looking for concise, specific reviews of specific features of SITESELL. Not vague, opinionated generalities .
    Although I am new to web marketing, Id like to think I have some smarts about this. So far, I think for the money one pays, you get a fair amount of information how to do niche research, build a site, and get traffic. On the surface the SITESELL program appears to hand you the information, which is true sometimes but it still is going to take work to "really put the pieces together" (research ->traffic). I cant say much yet about what happens after that (about the program I mean because I havnt got there yet). The nature of Web marketing is "long tail" which applies also to profits... you might hit on good "themes" (even HUGE ones) and you might have less success also. You can get the information all over the net, and you SHOULD incorporate this into your plans in the future, but as a starting point, SITESELL is good way to go. You should NOT have to invest large sums of money, and you SHOULD have a positive ROI and you should be enjoying it. Thats the purpose of the whole Web Marketing!

• To
      4th of Mar, 2010

All I can say is this... my website with sitesell is very successful. Also, I helped my friend make a motorcycle website, and he loves it!

The skills I've developed from the training offered by sitesell is a lifesaver...

Robert
    top-country-songs

Note: It's hard work, but it's better than shoveling dirt.

• Rt
      20th of May, 2010

I spent about 9 months looking at site sell before I decided to buy it. I have used other hosting programs and built other websites with these other hosting companies. However, they had nowhere near the information or software platform available to help with the process and those sites have not delivered a decent amount of traffic because the site builder programs that came with these hosting companies did not provide in-depth information about how to set a site up to generate large amounts of traffic.

There is a tremendous amount of information available in the site sell program. If you are not willing to take the time to read it, understand it and then use it step by step as it is outlined then don't buy it! If you read their promotional material they tell you this up front.

There is no business worth its salt that you can start and make decent money at that doesn't take a significant investment of time and effort. So far I haven't seen anything about the site sell program that I consider a scam or dishonest in any way.

I currently have built 12 pages for an automotive care website following the site sell guide to the letter. Before I started I spent 2 months reading and digesting the information. During that time I experienced a lot of confusion because there is so much information you need to process to do it right. For $300 a year I have not found anything that comes close to the site sell program. I know a number of businesses that have spent thousands of dollars on fancy websites that provide little or no traffic.

If you really want to own an e-commerce business you need to be prepared to work for it. The site sell program requires you to work and put in the time, but it also provides the most comprehensive set of tools you will find anywhere. At least anywhere I looked over the nine months I was investigating the various hosting programs that are out there.

By the Way, nobody is paying me to say this and I have no connection with anyone at site sell. I just am tired of listening to people complain about not getting what they want when most likely they haven't put in the time, energy and thought to make it happen. Use the program for 6 months to a year like it is intended and then if it isn't working for you go on to something else.

Thom W.
    ultimate-car-care-guide.com

• To
      4th of Aug, 2010

I just stumbled across this thread and felt compelled to comment. I've been with SiteSell for four years and it has always proven to be exactly what it says it is and does exactly what it says it does. My site gets 1000s of visits a day and monetizes with little work from me. It is not an easy thing to do - getting a site that gets perpetual traffic and earns perpetual income, so it's not for everybody. You have to be willing to study and take your time. If you go too fast, it's easy to make mistakes: often those mistakes can be fatal. I would definitely recommend SBI to a friend.