Shoprite — poor customer service
On April 2, 2010, Approx. 8:15 am, I went into the store to purchase a few items. After I had been in the store a few minutes I noticed that I was being followed by a police officer. I went to the check out to pay for my items with my ebt card, only to find that the software on the cash register had been changed. I wanted to receive cash from my ebt card.
When I followed the prompts, the screen asked: Is this amount correct? I entered no, because as I said I wanted cash back.
After hitting no, my transaction was canceled. This process was repeated 3 times. I then asked the cashier to watch as I entered the information; however, she would not look at the screen. However, she continued to state that I was doing something wrong.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Bloomfield, NJ
I then stated to her that I would go over to customer service and take care of the transaction. The cashier asked me not to go to customer service because, they would yell at her.
I went to customer service only to encounter a clerk that also uninformed of transactions in which an ebt card was used.
By the way, the cop that had been following me throughout the store followed me to the customer service desk.
Eventually, a staff member who also worked at shop rite explained to the clerk at customer service that the transaction was legitimate and could now only be executed at select registers at the store.
I had made a prior complaint at shop rite; however, they did not correct the problem.
More Shoprite Complaints & Reviews
- Shoprite - being made fun of 
- Shoprite - ripped off 
- Shoprite - customer service 
- Shoprite Supermarkets / Wakefern Corporation - online gift card purchase - not worth the trouble! 
- Shoprite - wrongful termination
- Shoprite Holdings - cash back request
- Shoprite Checkers Ennerdale - unhealthy shop
- Shoprite - money market reset pin 
- Shoprite Checkers - customer service - st john's liquor store
- Shoprite Holdings - shoprite manager