Shopritepoor customer service

An Bloomfield, NJ Review updated:

On April 2, 2010, Approx. 8:15 am, I went into the store to purchase a few items. After I had been in the store a few minutes I noticed that I was being followed by a police officer. I went to the check out to pay for my items with my ebt card, only to find that the software on the cash register had been changed. I wanted to receive cash from my ebt card.

When I followed the prompts, the screen asked: Is this amount correct? I entered no, because as I said I wanted cash back.
After hitting no, my transaction was canceled. This process was repeated 3 times. I then asked the cashier to watch as I entered the information; however, she would not look at the screen. However, she continued to state that I was doing something wrong.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Bloomfield, NJ

I then stated to her that I would go over to customer service and take care of the transaction. The cashier asked me not to go to customer service because, they would yell at her.

I went to customer service only to encounter a clerk that also uninformed of transactions in which an ebt card was used.

By the way, the cop that had been following me throughout the store followed me to the customer service desk.

Eventually, a staff member who also worked at shop rite explained to the clerk at customer service that the transaction was legitimate and could now only be executed at select registers at the store.

I had made a prior complaint at shop rite; however, they did not correct the problem.

Comments

• Da
      Apr 06, 2009
    Shoprite Supermarket - Fee for cutting meat
    shoprite supermarket
    Stroudsburg
    Pennsylvania

Bought a rib roast for $20. 00 and they wanted to charge. 30lb to cut it in half

• Sh
      Apr 05, 2010

We're so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while checking out.

We recently installed a new front end system which resulted in a change to the flow of the selections on the PIN pad. Customers who wish to take advantage of the cash back option on their EBT card need to first approve the amount of the initial transaction by selecting "yes" on the PIN pad. Once the initial transaction amount is approved, the system will then prompt you to enter the amount of cash back before finalizing your total transaction amount. When you selected "no, " the system cancelled out your transaction.

We realize the confusion this flow can cause and want to assure you we are currently evaluating options to improve this design. We have also alerted the management team at the Bloomfield store to ensure that they review the process with their cashiers and front end associates so that they can better assist customers in the future.

If we can be of any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-ShopRite [protected]).

• Da
      Oct 13, 2012

Shoprite
    78 Brookside Avenue #122
    Chester, NY 10918
    [protected]
    My family have been loyal customers up until the last month and today, October 13, 2012 7pm. was (is) the last time I shop there.

I have never seen such horrible customer service until now. I was in the frozen food area for at least 30-45minutes looking for a simple item. There must have been 4 or 5 associates who walked past me numerous times and not one of them asked me if I needed help. I realize that I am just a customer, looking for one item and I walk around like I owned the place, but multiply that by all the (pissed off) customers who feel the same... and guess what, no store in Chester NY. !!! They were not that busy, it is usually a good time to go shopping and to have this treatment!! Unbelievable.

If I want horrible service, I can go to Wal-Mart, at least, I won't pay a high price for the food.

Trust me, writing this complaint is only the tip of the iceberg. I am so disappointed at your Chester NY store that I will be contacting your store's upper management to get some action taken. Doing so will only take a fraction of the energy I expended walking and waiting for help.

My contact info is: