ShoppersDiscount.co.uk / unauthorised deductions from my bank account

United States Review updated:
4.9
It seems that since I booked flights with Easyjet over the internet in Feb 2008 I have had £8 per month taken, by Shopperdiscount.co.uk, and without my knowledge. It also appears to be a regular and similar complaint by other Easyjet customers.
I have e-mailed Shoppersdiscount demanding cancellation of my so called 'membership' and a return of my money. So far without acknowledgement.
This must be highly irregular and probably illegal.How can they do this on such a wide scale?

Tony Theobald
e-mail:theobalds@talktalk.net

Comments

Cm
  8th of Jan, 2009
i was checking my bank statement and there was £8 taken off my account as well
and did not know what it was for and when i checked it online saw this...
how can that be and why is there a membership..i did not sign for any membership or agreed or signed to a fee to be taken off my account
Cm
  8th of Jan, 2009
i never flew with easyjet and since sept there has been an unauthorized deduction from my bank out
i can't seem to find a number or an email address so i can contact them and i am waiting on a phone call from the fraud and identity theft to take this further.
Jo
  9th of Jan, 2009
8 pounds taken out of my account. why?
Da
  26th of Jan, 2009
I'm glad it's not just me. I have never knowingly signed up fot this hookum but whilst checking my statement online I noticed that these crooks have had £10.00 from my account. So now I have to put up with the hassle of going to my branch and get a visa dipute form and filling that in and then endure all the nonsense that goes with it.

D A Smith
Xt
  30th of Jan, 2009
I too have had £8 taken from my account. I have never booked or flown with Easyjet but have used the account for other on-line flight bookings. I have no idea how to email these people (not for want of trying) so have been unable to express either my discontent or to cancel my 'membership'. Anybody got an email address they would like to contribute?

Chris Leaney
Be
  2nd of Feb, 2009
I have tried to contact them, their phones dont work and the emails get returned!! Look out. Its a huge scam, I got caught through easy jet but there are lots of other companies doing the same thing
Gw
  6th of Feb, 2009
It’s not just Easyjet, I bought some flowers for my aunt’s 95th birthday last October from Interflora via the net, and have been getting emails from shoppers discount ever since. Because I didn’t know what it was I have deleted them, now I find that they have been taking £10 a month since November from my account. Needless to say I have cancelled my card. Definitely a scam
Gwen
Em
  15th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered shampoo from lookfantastic.com and ended up entering my deatils into shoppers discount website to claim a free £15 cheque which i did recieve and cashed however since making the purchase from lookfantastic.com I have had £10 each month deducted from my account. Can anyone help??

Emma
Gs
  19th of Feb, 2009
I have recieved my credit card statement with two £8 deductions from shoppersdiscount.co.uk. i have no idea who they are but have a telephone number obtained through my credit card company. 08082341539. automated system asks for credit card number. unwilling to give my number stayed on the line then put through to customer service dept and canceled membership, also asked for refund of payments and told would be refunded.

Geoff
Km
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Me too! how do we get our money back? what is the email address you used?
Fi
  26th of Feb, 2009
just phone the number on credit card statement and go ahead until they put you trough an operator. i have been told they will refund last 3 payments back, and they are sending me a claim form for the rest. good luck
Ti
  4th of Mar, 2009
We were "done" with this as well, bought something last may from Allposters, have been payuing since, call the number and follow the instructions seems a good plan to me!
Ck
  6th of Mar, 2009
we too have done by easyjet, they have taken £8 a month from our account since august last year, we phoned shopperdiscount.co.uk on 08082341539 they promised to refund last month money and send us a claim form for the rest of the money. they also terminated the so call membership with immediately effect. most likely they know that they are in the wrong so ring them up and get your money back .

C.K
St
  8th of Mar, 2009
A lot of people have been caught out by this scam. See this website discussion for more details and advice:
Ja
  19th of Mar, 2009
I've just got my bank statement today and on checking my account have also found that £10.00 has been taken out. I booked plane tickets through Expdedia, can only think its as a resulkt of this. I will try the number given and see if that works to cancel.
Ke
  22nd of Mar, 2009
there is the same thing happen on me¬how can I solve this problem?
Su
  23rd of Mar, 2009
The same thing happened to my mother, she booked train tickets via national express and has just realised shes had £10 taken out her account for the last 3 months! I have spoken to consumer direct and they suggest writing to shopper discounts and requesting a full refund, i intend to do this on my mums behalf but im also going to send the BBCs Watchdog programme an email!!
Pe
  24th of Mar, 2009
I have also had £8.00 per month taken from my account on Nov. & Dec '08 and Jan. Feb &march ' 09

Pete.
Mr
  30th of Mar, 2009
ITS ALSO HAPPEND TO ME I NOTICED £10.00 WAS DEDUCTED FROM ACCOUNT 4 TIMES RANG THE BANK THEY SAID I HAVE SUBSCRIBED TO SOMTHING BUT THEY DONT KNOW WHAT AND THE WOULD STOP PAYMENTS AND SEND ME A LETTER AND ALSO SEND THE PEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING MY MONEY OUT ONE TO STOP THEM TAKING MONEY OUT. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THEY ARE I HAVENT SUBSCRIBED AND HOW DID THEY GET MY CARD DETAILS. IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ON HOW TO CONTACT THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW! SEND EMAILS TO SSHARON.SALT@NTLWORLD.COM THANKS MRS SALT
Pr
  31st of Mar, 2009
Ya, they take £10 now... I got stung when I bought tickets from thetrainline.com; the rotters promised me £15 off my next ticket if I signed up - there was no mention of any monthly fee... why do reputable companies get involved with these a-holes? :(