ShopNBC / Returning nonworking television

Purchased this tv featured on ShopNBC of last year. Two-three days after receiving item picture went and then the sound. Called company and they insist that I pay to ship tv back. Sent me part that they think is problem and told me to call a tech in my area to fix it. I don't want to do that. I want another tv or my $1,499.88+149.99 Protection+89.99 ship&handling. They said they'll send me a refurbished tv after I provide my credit card # again to recharge a tv to send me and will restore credit upon receipt of broken tv. It is obvious that the tv I got is refurbished and I don't know what to do. Shame on such a reputable company for pushing used electronics.

Comments

• To
      12th of May, 2008

SHOPNBC
    Puchased 2 Spectronic / Protron 32" LCD TVs from ShopNBC. One unit stopped working after 4 hours. ShopNBC said to return to Protron (888-257-8899). Protron has had TV for several months, same story "waiting on shipment of replacement TVs should have mine by end of month". It has been 8 months. ShopNBC will do nothing!! Some customer service. DO NOT BUY FROM SHOPNBC or their vendor PROTRON.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A CLASS ACTION SUITE?

• La
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I had the same thing happen I bought a 65 inch Mitsubishi TV it stopped working 10 days later . I also got the extended protection plan it's worthless. I have been on the phone with ShopNBC and been given the run around for a month now. The box it was delivered in was in bad shape so I had to throw it out they will only send me a new TV if I send this one back first, great can you send me a box ill pay for it >>>>> no! so I have to have a company come out a crate the TV $350.00 so I can Ship it back to the company who sent be a damaged box to begin with.

ShopNBC vendor is Tiger direct who are known deadbeats, they sell used and refurbished electronics and shopNBC does not care all along laughing their way to the bank and leaving clients out to hung out to dry.

ShopNBC is a classless company that cares nothing for their clients avoid them at all costs