Sealy Mattress / defective mattress and boxspring

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Bought original mattress in 2002 (Kingsdown) from Sleepys, within a short time it sagged, they replaced mattress five times, each time I had to pay $50 delivery fee. the last time I insisted they replace the boxspring also, they tried to charge $100 for delivery, I fought it and paid $50. Anyway, $250 wasted dollars on top of a defective mattress. I contacted Kingsdown but they wouldn't talk to me, said I had to go through Sleepy. Finally they agreed to provide a pro-rated credit for a new purchase but I had to buy from Sleepys (ugh). This time purchased a Sealy and had to pay twice the amount of the credit. Salesman was like a vulture when we walked in the door, swooping down on his prey. Never would have bought there if didn't have the credit. Anyway, the Sealy is worse then the Kingsdown, called Sleepys, they said deal with Sealy! I'm sick of dealing with these people that constantly give the runaround. I gave up and told my husband to suffer with the sagging. He weighs 170 pounds, hardly someone that would ruin a mattress, I'm lighter yet. this morning his back hurt so badly he had to sit with a heating pad all morning.
Is Sleepys passing inferior products off to customers? What happens to all the returned mattresses, hey, we returned six! Is it even possible to purchase a good, reliable mattress at a fair price? Comparison shopping for mattresses is impossible due to the model names being different at different stores. A Sealy Glistening is not a Sealy Glistening at Noname dept. store, it would be a Sealy whatever. So the 30 day price guarantee is nonsense also. BOTTOM LINE-MATTRESSES ARE THE WORST POSSIBLE PRODUCT MADE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NIL.

Ju

Comments

• Sw
      21st of Feb, 2009

Whats up with New Jersey mattress scammers. C&C Mattress from NewJersey sold us what was supposed to be new Sealy Latex mattress. The day it arrived they delivery men refused to allow us to inspect mattress. After they left it we opened the box and discovered the split down the side of the mattress. We immediately called the merchant and
    E-mailed pictures to Peter Cancelli, dba C&C Mattress whereupon he E-mailed his reply stating it was defective. We requested a replacement, but C&C Mattress has refused. Now we are out over $2100.00 and stuck with a mattress that has split down the side.
    They charged my account for a defective mattress even though we phoned them and advised them of the defect on the day it was delivered.
    I have contacted C&C Mattress by telephone and by e-mail in order to try to resolve the dispute. C&C Mattress told us to get it sewn. C&C Mattress told us our request for a replacement was not reasonable because replacing it would cut into his profit. Sealy told us they don't warranty defective stitching and directed us back to C&C Mattress. C&C mattress has continued to refuse to our requests and as recently as Tuesday, 2-10-09, advised us to make no further attempts to contact them.