Schwan's Home Service / Terrible experience

Beware Schwan's employees and future risk takers! Schwan's benefits are not what you think they are. After paying for coverage for over 5 years and being told by the company that they pay for half I have just found out that is not true. I have just purchased a 'family' policy for less than what they charged me for an 'employee' policy. And with much better benefits!!! If I had signed up for a 'family' plan with Schwan's then I would be paying less than half for a 'family' plan as an individual. Seems like Schwan's is making money off their beloved employees.

Also, and the biggest issue of all; Schwan's LTD (long term disability policy is really short term because it only helps you for a total of 12 months. And at that Standard Insurance Company who under writes the policy does everything they can to avoid paying you your benefits. They will lie, cheat and steal to keep from paying you one red cent. Schwan's doesn't tell their new employee this, ever. All they want you to believe is their benefits are the greatest. That's B.S!

God for bid, but if you are ever injured while working, look out. Even if the injury is the companies fault such as faulty equipment, etc. Specialty Risk Services is the Company you get to have ruin your life. And I mean this literally! They are just as crooked as the rest of them. Schwans is not interested in their employees. Schwan's has very few veterans left as compared to new employees. I know, I was a veteran employee.

Good luck to current Schwan's employees but beware. The company will screw you some how, some way and anyway they can. And for the left-over veterans who aren't qualified to work anywhere else I say good luck your turn is next.

Al

Comments

• Ha
      4th of Mar, 2010

So true! My husband is a 14 year old veteran and yep, Schwans will suck you dry and spit you out. My husband works in warehouse and they are treated EVEN WORSE!!!

• Sk
      29th of Jul, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I injured myself and was in the process of going on short term disability and was terminated. I was a manager and had worked for Schwan's for over 12 years. Schwan's is good at the old scare tactics and threatening its workers. We are in tough times and Schwan's is not a neccessity, most people are trying to save money and upper management does not want to hear this. They want you to push items onto your customers or you will be terminated. After working 65 hours plus a week, if the CSM's didn't hit their projected number for the week, we were told to threaten them into working on Saturday. Along with them working on Saturday, the local managers had to work on Saturday. It's time Schwan's realizes there needs to be a good balance between work and family. Its time that someone in Marshall wakes up and realizes what district managers are doing is not working. When you go to meetings and your are told to give your manager a list of people you plan on terminating, or as they call it, "a planned turn", that is just wrong. When I started with the company I would have fought for them and what they where about, but since Marvin passed away it, it has went down hill with the crap- managers they have running some of these districts. Wake-up Scott McNair!!!