Saxon Mortgage / Loan Mitigation Fraud

United States Review updated:

My loan was sold to Saxon in 11/2006. I was never late on my payments, even when I lost my job.. I did everything to remain current. It started with them ignoring my home owners insurance and getting additional and adding this escrow to my mortgage, which I didn't need, as I already had insurance required for more than 1/2 the cost that they were tacking onto my payments.

Then, after battling that and my ARM adjusted at 11.17% in August 2008, I called to make my payment and the rep on the phone asked me how I would like to pay the $2600? I was like, what are you talking about? She then starts quoting that they do not take partial payments and etc. I sent payments and they sent them back to me. I ended up trying to work with getting a financial package and loan modification, which they took over 16days to even get registered in their systems. My loan modification has been sitting with Saxon as "completely" there, since 11/05/2008. I have been calling weekly and getting collections calls explaining that they told me that I cannot pay partial payments & returned them, but they are trying to now collect funds from me? I called on 12/09-after receiving a Demand letter and notice of Foreclosure from Duetsche bank requesting information and a status on my Loan modification, but after Adeena told me that I owe $8000 and wanted to know if I have called to make a payment, I started asking about the notice letter, then about the Loan modification. She mentioned that she apologized, but my package was still waiting to be assigned to a Negotiator.. at this point, I start crying and she is matter of fact that yes, I have a sale date and she will escalate my situation to a supervisor to get to a Negotiator, but I need to keep calling and do we have your correct contact information.. Then asks, "Are you living in the property now?".. I almost passed out from that question. I was told to call back and ensure that my case is being assigned appropriately, and to call back on 12/22 to ask for a postponement to the sale date of 01/02/2009!?!?!? She stated that I would then need to call back on Xmas eve to see if the postponement was accepted?!?

Today, I called back after receiving a mailbox full of paperwork from Saxon with letters saying, "It's not too late.. there are options.. we can help you.. Please call us".. So, I get Darryl on the phone.. he asked me all of the same questions and again, are you living in the house? Then... he tells me that it hasn't been assigned to a negotiator yet, but I have already done all that I can.. just have a happy holidays and call back to keep checking on it.. .plus, call back to request a postponement... OMG!!
He

Comments

18th of Dec, 2008
Heather,

The same exact escrow dupe payment to HO insurance crap happened to me. READ MY STORY BELOW FAST!

Do not -- DO NOT -- trust these people any further, or waste another day waiting on them to respond. Who there have you worked with so far? President's office? Who? In-house attorney? The loss mitigation department is USELESS!!! DON'T let anyone else slow you down. PLEASE! YOUR HOME IS AT STAKE. Can you file for bankruptsy NOW? I didn't, I could have but I believe what the liars continued to tell me ... everything is OK, fine, no problem, we are reinstating your loan.

THEN THEY SOLD IT AT A SHERIFF SALE.

IMMEDIATELTY GO TO A LAWYER IF YOU CAN AFFORD ONE -- I PROMISE YOU THEY PLAN TO TAKE YOUR HOME!

Can I help you? I will bombard the company (I have help) with threats they resolve the issue to your satisfaction (tell me exactly what you want from them) or you will BEGIN BOMBARDING [redacted]S, COMPLAINTSBOARD.COM, PLANETFEEDBACK, LOANWORKOUT.ORG, and RESPA, HUD, TILA, REGULATION Z, and about two hundred more authorities to begin pressure on them to help YOU. I NEED THE STATE YOU LIVE IN TO CONTACT YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL -- YOUR COUNTY'S ATTORNEY GENERAL AS WELL.

Please let me know what I can do -- I'm scared for you to wait a second longer. Contact me if you will allow me to help.

In November 2007, Wells Fargo d.b.a. American Servicing Company (ASC) decided to escrow on my mortgage loan. For no reason. My taxes and insurance were always paid on time. Theyd never escrowed before. Then, instead of paying my annual property taxes once, they paid them twice. And I had already paid them. Then they pre-paid my property taxes that werent due for another year. Id never had an escrow account with them, so usually the balance was zero. Now it was -$5500.00. My mortgage payment increased from $655 to $1446 a month. I cant pay it.

Wells Fargo admits their error. They promise to fix it. Then they dont. Again they promise to fix it AND reverse all the late charges. Doesnt happen. No one corrects the original mistake so the snowball effect is creating havoc with my mortgage, with my credit, and on my life.

ASC Phone calls and letters threatening foreclosure were relentless. I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve the problem. So many ASC Customer Service agents promise all your problems are taken care of, rest assured. When you check the next day to confirm all is well (youve learned to check) they can't even find a note in the record that you ever called. So then I am forced to start the process to correct my loan all over again with a different agent (weird isn't it that you can never get the same agent because they don't have extensions, and they refuse to give you their last name. They will give you their three-letter employee ID code that has never helped me a bit. Many agents refused to give me the companys physical address when I wanted to talk with someone face to face. Over this six-month nightmare I was assured over and over and over, that yes, definitely this time, they had truly made the corrections I had been assured already been made. Yes, isnt it wonderful, my mortgage loan had been approved for loan modification and the loan I’d been told dozens of time had been reinstated, had really for sure this time been reinstated. I was always told I would receive a letter confirming all was well with my loan. I was told not to make any monthly payments on the loan because until the correction had been processed through their system, the payment would be considered a partial payment and would be returned to me. So in February and March I couldnt send in a payment because the monthly payment amount was never corrected. I was forced over and over again to start the agonizing process from square one with another agent. Most agents couldnt find any notes in my record. I had the brilliant idea that faxing the whole story, along with receipts, and other requested forms, would be the answer to our communication problem. I would finally receive a letter confirming receipt of the requested documents. Four days later Im told my documents were never received so my home is in foreclosure.

On April 23, 2007, I was emergency admitted into River Oaks Mental Hospital for 10 weeks due to a complete emotional breakdown. I was suicidal and unable to care for myself. Wells Fargo Mortgage made a mistake, and acknowledged it. However, they were unable (or unwilling) to fix the problems their error created. My sister was given power of attorney so she could resolve the issue. Upon discharge from the hospital an ASC agent confirmed my loan had been fully reinstated, the payment had been corrected, the escrow balance adjusted. They promised the late charges and additional interest charged because of their error would be credited back to the account. I insisted and they agreed they would contact the credit agencies to report their mistake, remove all negative remarks, and change all comments they had made regarding my mortgage account to paid as agreed.

Two days later I received a notice advising me of the sheriffs sale date set for my home.

My home was my savings account. And it was my retirement account. More important, it was my security blanket.

The October 3, 2007, sheriff sale date has been postponed and Wells Fargo has told me they want a satisfactory conclusion to this nightmare. Ill keep you posted. Today is October 9, 2007.

WFHM admitted errors and apologized in two letters received on October 24, 2007, and October 29, 2007, from Todd M. Boothroyd (contact info shown above), credited $12, 000 to my mortgage loan, corrected the negative reports made to the credit repositories, reinstated my loan. I breathed my 1st sigh of relief in nearly a year.

THEN THEY SOLD MY HOME AT A SHERIFF SALE. They took my home, almost $100, 000.00 in equity, and I'm lost without my home. God Bless my 70-year old mother who is now forced to take care of her 46-year old, disabled, daughter. I still believe something good is going to happen. I really do. Two years of fighting for all I'm worth can't end like this.

Some of the readers of my blogs have been sharing good news about the help they are receiving from Wells Fargo Bank. So DO NOT GIVE UP!

I'm praying for ALL OF YOU. I cry when I receive letters from frightened homeowners who are either in or facing possible foreclosure. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!! You are in my prayers, each of you. Because I do understand, truly, how you are feeling.

Call WFHM at 515-324-3130. Ask for Sharon Cecil, Mary Coffin or Cara Heiden. There e-mails and mailing address is shown above.

Sharon Cecil is a doll. These women CARE. There are many people at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage who sincerely want to help hurting homeowners. It is my sincere hope you will VERY SOON receive the paperwork, the loan reinstatement or modification or deed-in-lieu, or WHATEVER IT IS YOU MOST NEED, THE ANSWER TO YOUR PRAYERS very, very soon.

I know help is coming soon for all families facing foreclosure. God Bless anyone who helps someone keep his or her home.

913-273-1882 Fax

WARNING TO INVESTORS AND CONSUMERS: DON'T GO TO WELLS FARGO!

Kelly L. Hansen
12757 W. 108th Street (my safe place for 18 years, my precious home)
Overland Park, Kansas
U.S.A.

Subject: Thank You Kelly!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:19:47 -0800

Dearest Kelly,

I left you a voice mail this evening. Thank you!
I've passed along to other ASC victims, my success story, and your info. Thank you!
Your blog comments helped me save my home. Thank you!
You are a God send Kelly, Thank you so very much!
Your efforts were not in vein.

Kindest Regards,

Jeff Taylor / San Clemente, CA / 949-395-7376 :)

Jackie,

515-324-3130 direct to Executive Office of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.

More and more people are writing and claiming successful outcomes in their dealings with the Executive Staff at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, so I have high hopes for you!!

Here are the names and numbers you need -- these women will get you the money that belongs to you. Please let me know if you need anything at all from me. It never hurts to start pushing from every direction.

515-324-3130

I'll say a prayer for you now ... please let me know how things progress for you. They have NO RIGHT to hold your money. Good luck Jackie. Thank you for writing.

'ComplaintsBoard.com' wrote:

E-Mail from 'jackie euper' to 'Kelly L. Hansen' (https://www.complaintsboard.com)

Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:48:53 -0600

KELLY,

FIRST I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER. JUST THIS MORNING I TOLD A WELLS FARGO HOME MORTAGE SPECIALIST THAT THEY ARE GOING TO CAUSE ME TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK. AFTER READING YOUR STORY I SEE IT IS POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO CAUSE PHYSICAL HARM ! I WAS HOPING YOU COULD GIVE ME A SHORT CUT AND GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER FOR THE PRESIDENT OF WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE, I CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT FROM ANYONE AT WELLS..GO FIGURE !
I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS TO THE TOP PERSON. MY STORY IS OVER MONEY THEY REFUSE TO RELEASE FROM HURRICANE DAMAGE. THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING YOUR STORY. SINCERELY, JACKIE EUPER

Kelly,

First off thank you for your help. I did speak with Sharon yesterday and I am suppose to receive my check on friday via fed ex. I will believe it when I see it. Thanks again for your web site it led me to the correct people. I hope you have a Merry Christmas, and may God bless you. Thanks again, Jackie.
-------------- Original message from 'Kelly L. Hansen' : --------------

Attn: Jackie Euper & Sharon Cecil

Jackie, awesome, thanks so much for keeping me posted!

Sharon is always a big help. God Bless You & I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

PS: Sharon Cecil - You're so good at getting things done! Thank you for taking care of Jackie Euper. After sending this to you, I'm going to https://www.complaintsboard.com and /link removed/ and saying THANK YOU WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE! It looks like a real effort is being made by the Executive Office to take care of your customers.

That's thrilling!

HI LYDIA, TONYA AND BARB:

READ THIS AND ACT FAST! Here is the best number AND PERSON to call -- read the stories below from people SHARON CECIL, Asst to the President and Vice President at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage has been helping FAST!!!

VIP's WHO'VE PROVEN THEY CARE: THEIR TITLES, E-MAILS, MAILING ADDRESS, PHONE

515-324-3130

WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE MIGHT BE TURNING THINGS AROUND!

I've been intent on sharing my negative experience with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage so I think it is important to encourage you with these positive e-mails I've received within the past weeks.

It is my prayer these will make you smile, and renew your hope!! AND, help you resolve your issue with WFHM.

I'd love to hear from you, anytime! God Bless each of you.

913-273-1882 Fax

WARNING TO INVESTORS AND CONSUMERS: DON'T GO TO WELLS FARGO!

Kelly L. Hansen
12757 W. 108th Street (my safe place for 18 years, my precious home)
Overland Park, Kansas
U.S.A.

Subject: Thank You Kelly!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:19:47 -0800

Dearest Kelly,

I left you a voice mail this evening. Thank you!
Your blog comments helped me save my home. Thank you!
You are a God send Kelly, Thank you so very much!
Your efforts were not in vein.

Kindest Regards,

Jeff Taylor / San Clemente, CA / 949-395-7376 :)

Jackie,

515-324-3130 direct to Executive Office of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.

'ComplaintsBoard.com' wrote:

Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:48:53 -0600

KELLY,

Kelly,

-------------- Original message from 'Kelly L. Hansen' : --------------

Attn: Jackie Euper & Sharon Cecil

Jackie, awesome, thanks so much for keeping me posted!

Sharon is always a big help. God Bless You & I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

That's thrilling!

Re
  9th of Jan, 2009
Real 2nd Chance is a unique one-stop financial organization which can help you if you are behind on payment, if you have an adjustable rate mortgage and or simply can no longer afford your monthy payments. WE CAN HELP.
Please contact us at 1-866-639-6524 ext.705 or visit us on info@real2nchance.com. We have helped many people that had complaints and we would like to help you too.
  29th of Mar, 2009
I TOTALLY agree, Saxon is a rip off. They placed homeowners insurance on my house at over three thousand dollars a year even though I have homeowners that is paid through my mortgage. Last year, 2008, they sent a letter to my homeowners insurance advising them to cancel my policy due to me moving. I had just had a my deck extended to a 30 x 30 with two cars in the driveway and two more in the garage. My attorney has been working on a loan modification since January and when she called two days ago, they stated they didn't know what she was talking about. This company needs to be shut down and it's up to us the customers to get the Federal Government involved in this. I am willing to do whatever to help get the process started.
  29th of Mar, 2009
Saxon needs to be shut down and the head of this RIP off agency taken in front of Congress.
Mo
  2nd of Jun, 2009
Mortgage rate is basically the interest rate you pay on your home loan or second mortgage. Mortgage rates are determined by economic conditions and may change from time to time. The best possible thing you can do is get your loan terms changed accordingly, so you don’t end up paying more!http://www.allfinancialservices.net
Ti
  12th of Jan, 2010
I finally got a home modification done with Saxon I started in August 2008 and it was final on Jan 1, 2010. They tried to charge me with the are you living in your home charge of 9.50 to have someone come by and check to see if the house was still being lived in.

Saxon is now at an F rating with the BBB and having to answer to them.

I have been fighting with Saxon since 2005, I finally filled a complaint with the Texas BBB got a call the next day to help me and answer questions. I also filed a complaint with the national banks http://www.helpwithmybank.gov/complaints/index.html also put a complaint with Morgan Stanley who owns Saxon.

I call at least three times a week take the employee number and ask that they look at my file and read the screen and tell me when I last called in and noted taken and if anything else new. When taking to Athena Walker just remember she is one person working with probably thousands of us. So call customer service and have them transfer you to the home modification line they will have more information on your paperwork . The fax number to send paper work should be 1-866-695-1563 please try first before counting on. Many number have been discounted or no longer in service. The last number for a negotiator office 1-866-236-9425.

You have to call them everyday and bug them. Never give up. I think this company has a high turn over of employees so we will always be talking to those who are in training. After calling for the last four years I can help them get to the information they need to look up and recited their rehearsed saying. I beat them to all information they ask to verify my account I have called up to four times a day to make sure they have inputted the prior call information discussed I think they know me will now and i have a flag on my account. I figured they could call me that many times and harass me I could call back and drive them crazy and know I exist I am not just an account.

Also check this site out http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/modification_eligibility.html you can call and email them and let them know you are getting nowhere with Saxon.
  25th of Oct, 2010
I am going thru the same ordeal with Saxon Mortgage. I inquired about a modification with them over the phone and they took over paying my escrow with out written consent. Now they are trying to make me pay the difference in the debt to ratio fee. I've never had a problem til I told them I was out of work and needed some help. Now they won't stop paying my escrow and when or if they do they will continue til they feel as though I can handle payment on my own! I have proof that I've been paying my escrow since my mortgage was sold to them five years ago! I need help! THESE PEOPLE ARE HOLDING ME HOSTAGE!
  25th of Oct, 2010
I am a recent breast cancer survivor. I was out of work for a year and my short-term disabilty had been cut in half. As I struggled to pay my home mortgage, someone advised me to look into home modification with my current mortgage company. When I inquired I did an application over the phone and this is where my nightmare began. I was told by the mortgage company, Saxon Mortgage, I had 30 days to send back signed, the paperwork that was explaining the process. Two weeks into the 30 days a rep from Saxon Mortgage called to ask how was the process going as far as looking over the paperwork and sending them back signed. I told the rep I was unclear about the clause I had to be into foreclosure and/or late in order to qualify. I said I was neither and I would not send the paperwork back. I asked to be disqualified for the initial over the phone application and I will tear up the contract that was sent to me. When I go to pay my mortgage online, it was being rejected because it had an extra $300-$400 tacked onto the fee owed?! When I called Saxon Mortgage I was told someone had processed the paperwork and it would take another two to three weeks to be straightened out. It has been six months with calling and inquiring when will the situation be dealt with so I can get back to paying the original mortgage fee that was quoted in being paid each month. I was told countless times I had to fax proof and I would get notification in the mail. I was told I can't call Saxon, Saxon will call me or send out correspondence by mail. Saxon has never followed thru with this correspondenc and continue to pay my excrow. Saxon has never been authorized to pay my escrow. I am paying my taxes to the state and my insurance company has told me to stop paying them because they will continue to send my payments back to me because my account has been paid in full. Several calls to Saxon Mortgage continue to end in the result of being told I need to fax proof I am or had been paying my escrow. Which has been done several times. Now I talked with Saxon Mortgage today, October 25 2010, and now I'm being told I have to pay them back escrow and wait til they decide my debt to ratio can be sustained to 80% or lower until Saxon Mortgage decides to release me all together from paying my escrow. I had to file bankruptcy for credit card debit three years ago but I was told by my lawyer at that time, Stuart Weitz, my mortgage or car payments would not be included? It is as if I'm being held hostage by this mortgage company as a result. I have never been late on any mortgage payments! Now what they've been doing for the past six months is taking part of the mortgage payment I send in every month and applying it to the escrow to make it seem as though I am late sending in payments and/or not sending in enough to cover the mortgage. I am just a hard working consumer who is being taken advantage of during these trying times. I've never had any problems with debt to ratio with this company.Saxon is now complying I have to pay in order to be released from their net! I don't have money to legally pay a lawyer to handle this case for me. I have nowhere else to turn to. I also was taken advantage of when I had gotten into this mortgage when I did a refiance and this mortgage was sold to Saxon Mortgage. I am a single mother who is trying to keep a roof over my head, my elderly mom and my teenage son who is in college. Please help!
La

Saxon Mortgage - Fraud on Mortgage accounts
Saxon Mortgage
4708 Merchantile Drive North
Fort Worth
Texas
Phone: 1-800-594-8422
saxonmortgage.com

Our mortgage was sold to Saxon in November 2007 while me husband was deployed overseas. I mailed them multiple copies of my POA which they repeatedly told me that they had never recieved. After almost 6 months of dealing with them they were able to "find" a copy of my POA that was included in the original packet that they received from Novastar mortgage, our original mortgage company. From there on it was almost impossible to deal with them. They continually didn't take my mortgage payment out of my account, we had to call and almost beg them to actually take the money out. I had set up EFT withdrawals in December 2007 to avoid any problems with paying the mortgage. They also took from November 2007 until March 2008 to apply the Soldiers Act of reducing deployed soldiers interest rate to 6%. Once they did reduce it, they stilll continued to take the wrong amount out for a few months. Most recently they have taken out our payment and applied it to some "surplus" account, when they were questioned why they did that I received the answer of "I don't know". I still have not received and answer as to why that happened. The only reason I found out that they had taken it and applied it to a wrong account was when I received a phone call telling me that I had not paid my mortgage for that month. Yet I had a bank statement proving that it had been removed by them. This month they didn't even take our payment out. I finally called them on the 15th to ask if they wanted their payment or not.

This company has been nothing but impossible since we became customers of theres, not by our choice we were SOLD to them by another mortgage company. Should anyone ask me what mortgage company to get I will deffinately tell them NOT SAXON!!! I am currently in the process of getting paperwork to file with the BBB and trying to find another mortgage company to refinance. I am interested in joining in on any lawsuit that is being filed against this company so please feel free to contact me regarding any suit. Thank you.
Li
  3rd of Jun, 2016
WE ARE IN THE EXACT SAME PREDICAMENT WITH SAXON MORTGAGE. THE ONLY WAY ANY RESOLUTION WILL TAKE PLACE IS IF YOU ARE A MORTGAGE HOLDER AND ENCOUNTERING THIS SAME ABUSE, AND ALL THE STORY YOU HERE ARE THE SAME IN DETAIL, CONTACT ( THE FEDERAL TRADES COMMISION -WWW.FTC.COM ) FILE A COMPLAINT, WITH ENOUGH COMPLAINTS THEY WILL TAKE ACTION. SPREAD THE WORD TO HELP ALL THE CURRENT HOMEOWNERS IN THE FIGHT OF THEIR LIVES WITH THIS CORRUPT LENDER. THIS IS OUR LIVES, THIS IS THERE BUSINESS-THEY WANT TO TAKE YOUR HOME.
  3rd of Jun, 2016
I agree with the complaint fees are added and you can not catch up on your mortgage some need to help