Santander Consumer USA / terrible service!
Originally my loan was with road loans, bought out by drive financial, later acquired by santander consumer usa. I have had this loan for just under 4 years now and have always paid on time, never a single day late in 4 years. For the past 6 months I have been unable to make online payments on their website. I called them repeatedly and each time I am told by yet another rude agent that they can't help me with the website, in fact no one seems to be able to run their website or manage those accounts. They "graciously" offer to take my payment by phone (for a $10.95 fee each time) which I decline. This month I was determined to make this website work. I tried everything - forgot username, forgot password, recreating my account... Nothing worked. So I call again (ever the optimist) and my payment was due yesterday because i'm messing around trying to make this online payment work, and I am sent to the collections department where a rude man starts yelling at me that my payment is late and I need to pay it immediately by phone. I said, i'm sorry, it was due yesterday. He says yes, now it is in collections! I just had to laugh a little at the absurdity of it all. So I decline the $10.95 fee to pay on the phone, he threatens me that I will be charged the same amount for every day that it is late. All the while, he sounds furious? So I ask him if he is ok because he sounds like he might have a stroke. Now he starts lecturing me about how not paying my bills is only going to hurt me. So I remind him I have never been late in over four years and I ask him why he is being so rude, at which point he hangs up the call. Incredible! I wrote their customer service an email about my experience but i'm quite sure they don't give a damn, they have made that very clear. I recommend that no one do business with this company!
More Santander Consumer USA Complaints & Reviews
- Santander Consumer USA - illegal practices and consumer harrassment 
- Santander Consumer USA - unethical service 
- Santander Consumer USA - join in on the class action lawsuit 
- Santander Bank - mishandling of purchased autoloan 
- Santander Consumer USA - refund due 
- Santander Bank - checking account false advertising
- Santander Consumer USA - frank kent country chevrolet
- Santander Consumer USA - vehicle sales and continual harassment
- Santander Consumer USA - car loan
- Santander Consumer USA - auto loans