[Resolved] Santander Consumer USA / customer service and payments

Baltic, Connecticut, United States

My car was repossessed for no reason. I made a payment over the phone and it was applied to the wrong account. How this happens is beyond me.I do understand that I I was late on one of my payment but I did make a large one very recently that was applied to someone else account. I did make a payment on my account and it was not applied due to the fact of your mistake. You repossessed my vehicle, now not only did this ruin my day by making me call out of work, after going through every department and making a thousand phone calls after 4 hours of trying to fix YOUR mistake I find out I'm unable to get my car until the next day. I now have to call out of work AGAIN tomorrow I also have to get a ride to go get my vehicle of which shouldn't have been repossessed in the first place. I feel like since you REPOSSESSED someone's car because of YOUR MISTAKE I should not have to wait over 24 HOURS to get my vehicle back. This should have been an URGENT matter and you really should have sent someone to return it to me. I am beyond disgusted with the service I received and that this could even happen in the first place. A simple "sorry" from one of your employees is no where near enough. Why wasn't this a priority?? You took a car because of a HUGE billing/payment issue. And somehow I have to just "deal" with this?? This situation was handled horribly.

• Resolution statement

• Santander Consumer USA Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please provide your email address, we can take a look at this for you.
    After we receive your email address, you will receive an encrypted email. Click on the link to register with username and password to view. Once you have opened the email, please respond back with the information requested

Leticia G.