Salute Credit Card / fraud and dishonesty

A few months after obtaining the Salute credit card they increased my credit limit two consecutive months and then showed a zero credit limit. I called about no credit available and was informed that the card was closed. I stopped making payments on the account since I was told it was closed but began to receive late fees and over the limit charges on the statements. I called and was informed that they did me a favor by increasing my credit limit. When they increased the credit limit I had paid the balance owed and did not have a balance due but after charging late fees and other fees to accomodate the credit increase I ended up being billed double the increase.

As

Comments

• Em
      11th of Jan, 2010

Having same issues with salute and imagine cards which are the same company. Also now showing on my credit reports and closed by consumer! And is listed two different times and also by a company named Tribute now. I just entered a complaint to the FTC.gov web site tonight. Others should also file a complaint to the FTC about these pratices.
    www.FTC.gov

This is trashing my credit scores bad.