Safeway / accused of asking for money

1 3622 E. Southern AveMesa, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 480-924-2588

I have a Safeway not 2 blocks from my home which, I go to all the time. I went the on 05/17/09 to shop . As, I approched my vehicle to unload my groceries a Lady came up and asked for money, I told her, I only use my Debit Card . She then turned to ask the Lady next to my car for money. As a safety for other Customer, I decided to re-enter the store to let them know what was going on. I did that told the Individual what she was wearing. as, I was getting ready to leave a Store Manager by the Name of Mike Milton approched me and told me to leave that he had got a complaint about me approching individuals for money. I got really upset and told him, I did not . He walked away by that time, I was very upset. So, I waited in my car for awhile to calm down. Then, I decided to go back in the store to talk to the first individual I spoke with, she was down at the end of the store opposit of where I was parked, I was going that direction, I passed Mike Milton, I was still upset over the Incident in the parking lot he said, I guess, I owe you and apologie . I told him, I did not want his apologie. I approched the other person and told her, I would not shop here anymore, she said she was sorry, that she had given him the description of the other Individual and he got the whong person. I was so Embrassed over the whole Situation. I have worked in Public service for Thirty Some years and have never treated anyone like that, The mistake he made is unforgiveable.<br />
Robbie

Ro

Comments

• Cr
      3rd of Jun, 2009

This is one of those things that you'll look back on and laugh. I'm already laughing and it only happened a week ago. Most people just tell the poor bums that they don't have any change, and move on. You saw the need to go one step further and drive the poor soul in need away from their comfortable parking lot to the sewers beneath the city. That's when the karma kicked in. You . . . became . . . the bum. . . .
    For a few agonizing minutes you knew what they felt every day. Maybe next time you wont be so quick to pass judgment on the homeless.

• Ge
      31st of Jul, 2010

i agree with crybaby. how did it feel to be in the shoes of who you were about to taddle on?