Roni Lynn Deutch / Fraudulent Practices

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I contacted the business in hopes I could have help with my IRS Tax issue. Upon contacting the Business, I was interviewed and gave information concerning my IRS and Financial situation. Upon completion of the phone conversation I was told that the Business would be representing me in the matter at hand, for a fee, and would retain a Non Collectible Status for me, with the IRS, thus stopping all collections currently being made by the IRS. All I needed to do was start paying the business and return completed paperwork to there firm, then the process would begin and within 30 days, the IRS would be placing me in this said Non Collectible Status, thus stopping there collections.
I had been in contact with the Firm on many occasions. I started becoming concerned with there lack of communication with me, unless it were to collect payments from me. After making 3 payments, totaling $900.00, and not receiving adequate feedback, I contact the Firm and expressed my concerns. I was again reassured that everything was ok and that I would be receiving paperwork in the mail that would explain the next steps towards finalizing the Non Collectible Status process, but that There was a payment due within a week, and I needed to make sure I made this payment. Two days after the phone conversation, I receive the paperwork in the mail. Only to find that they could not follow through with there promise of placing me in Non Collectible Status, and gave me three options, which I, myself, prior to seeking there help, had already pursued with the IRS. So what did I receive for the money had paid, nothing but a bunch of paper work, and mistakes made on the Firms part, which caused the claim to become void for Non Collectible Status. I was extremely concerned. I immediately faxed a cancellation of services letter to the Firm and then mailed a copy to them. They were more than happy to cancel me, but then send me a letter stating I may be billed for the remaining amount of services. I was like what ? I can see how they could get away with scamming people out of there money and chalking it up as that person fault. Besides, how would you go about getting your money back ? Lawsuit ? probably not as it would cost more for an attorney than the fees you paid them. They obviously know this. And, if you use a credit card, you only have so many days to file a dispute. This is why they want you to use a credit card and delay your services until the date in which you can file a dispute is abolished..
Yes, they may have helped a few people with certain tax issues, but from what I am reading form others, is the same story I am telling. It is so sad that companies have to hurt those who are less fortunate. Most of the people like myself, are not well off financially, thus we seek help to loosen the financial burden's we may have and use these kind of firm's to assist us in good faith. So sad. I hope this injustice is stopped. Just because your an attorney does not mean that you can use the law to manipulate and cohere others into spending there hard earned money without anything of value to show for it.

Concerned,
David Gibson

Comments

• Sc
      29th of May, 2009

I can totally relate and agree with you 100%. I am looking for others who want to file a class action suit against them. They prey off the "mis fortunate". I may be down right now, but if you look at my history, I will be back on top again and I will find a way to pay for someone to investigate the wrong doings they have committed against me. You are too kind in saying they may have helped some. I have yet to find the "some" they helped. I live in the city they are headquartered in. I wish I would have investigated them further before I committed to their "service". It is clear they are a shoddy organization and could care less aobut their "reputation".

• Cr
      12th of Aug, 2009

Have you filed a complaint with the BBB? There are 215 complaints against this company. I'm not sure how much help the BBB will be in settling everyone's complaints, but it doesn't hurt to report it. Then there is always the news channel route, i.e. Call Kurtis in Sacramento. It's always worth a shot - the more negative press this firm gets, the more good your unfortunate circumstance will do for others.

• Ca
      13th of May, 2010

Wow guys, I was going to call them, but I had misplaced the phone number, so I simply Googled them to get the phone number. Thank God that instead I came across the many, many people who have encountered problems with them. If anyone knows of a reputable firm that can assist with IRS troubles, I'd love the reference, but rest assured, I will be using your experiences to help me know not to fall into the same trap.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I appreciate the warning!

• Sr
      3rd of Jun, 2010

Wow, I just hired these people and I am already feeling like they don't care what happens as long as they get there money. Nothing has been done to stop my wage levy. I might have to call it a lost and go with a local attorney to help my with my problem with the IRS

• Mc
      3rd of Sep, 2010

Now may be the time!!!

Check out the news release from the California Office of the Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. on August 23rd.

He is issuing a $34 million against them for swindling thousands of people.

For more information and to place a complaint you will need to go to the California Office of the Attorney General.