Rogers / terrible service!

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I called 25th October 2007 to cancel my cable service. I was told i need 30 days notice. I told them ok fine i want you to cancel after 30 days. After 25 days i called back them again to make necessary arrangement to return TERMINALS to nearest Rogers shop. This time i was on hold almost 45 minutes, but shocking news for me was, according to them this is the first time i was making official request to cancel my cable service. I told the person i spoke before, time and date, but she could not find it. So i had to make another request, again 30 days notice. This time i got person name and conformation no. I called after 5 days to make sure everything is alright (because of my previous experience). This time i was told that this person (rep) does not seems to find last conformation no. though he acknowledged that i called but can not find conformation no. So guess what I had to go though again to make another official request to cancel my cable service.

Finally i got cancel my service and i am happy to go back to dish. It took me almost 2 months and several hours on phone to cancel my service. (what a waste of time).

HERE THINGS YOU SHOULD DO (BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE)

1. MAKE SURE WHOEVER YOU TALK GET HIS/HER NAME, BADGE NO OR CONFORMATION NO.

2. DO NOT CALL AFTER 30 DAYS. CALL AFTER 2 OR THREE DAYS TO MAKE SURE YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN FILED. (AGAIN GET SECOND REP. NAME AND CONFORMATION).

3. WRITE DOWN DATE, TIME, PERSON YOU LAST SPOKE AND HER/HIS BADGE NO OR CONFORMATION NO.

4. WHENEVER YOU SPEAK NEXT REP. LET THEM KNOW PREVIOUS REP. YOU SPOKE WITH AND HIS/HER CONFORMATION NO.

5. I GOT HUNG UP ONCE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE BECAUSE IT WAS 8:45PM(EST) AND I BELIEVE THEY CLOSE 9:00PM(EST). SO DO NOT CALL VERY CLOSE.

I would never go back to Rogers again i know i have limited choices (because i am living Canada) but still it is not worth it to have any Rogers services at all.

Kh

Comments

• Xi
      7th of Mar, 2014

Terrible Company

I have hard time cancelling the service. I called in to cancel the service. When I checked back in, my request was not proceed. I have to wait a month to cancel. I called so many times to make the cancellation done. what a waste of my time.

The reason I was very mad because Roger's billing always wrong. There are lot of charges that we don't usually expected. I was late paying the bill. I paid the late interest fee. On the next bill, I saw the restorial fee. I don't even understand. I called in to ask what this fee is about. The answer is this fee is for suspenstion account. My account was never suspended.

I will never go back with Rogers.