Rogers / terrible service!
I called 25th October 2007 to cancel my cable service. I was told i need 30 days notice. I told them ok fine i want you to cancel after 30 days. After 25 days i called back them again to make necessary arrangement to return TERMINALS to nearest Rogers shop. This time i was on hold almost 45 minutes, but shocking news for me was, according to them this is the first time i was making official request to cancel my cable service. I told the person i spoke before, time and date, but she could not find it. So i had to make another request, again 30 days notice. This time i got person name and conformation no. I called after 5 days to make sure everything is alright (because of my previous experience). This time i was told that this person (rep) does not seems to find last conformation no. though he acknowledged that i called but can not find conformation no. So guess what I had to go though again to make another official request to cancel my cable service.
Finally i got cancel my service and i am happy to go back to dish. It took me almost 2 months and several hours on phone to cancel my service. (what a waste of time).
HERE THINGS YOU SHOULD DO (BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE)
1. MAKE SURE WHOEVER YOU TALK GET HIS/HER NAME, BADGE NO OR CONFORMATION NO.
2. DO NOT CALL AFTER 30 DAYS. CALL AFTER 2 OR THREE DAYS TO MAKE SURE YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN FILED. (AGAIN GET SECOND REP. NAME AND CONFORMATION).
3. WRITE DOWN DATE, TIME, PERSON YOU LAST SPOKE AND HER/HIS BADGE NO OR CONFORMATION NO.
4. WHENEVER YOU SPEAK NEXT REP. LET THEM KNOW PREVIOUS REP. YOU SPOKE WITH AND HIS/HER CONFORMATION NO.
5. I GOT HUNG UP ONCE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE BECAUSE IT WAS 8:45PM(EST) AND I BELIEVE THEY CLOSE 9:00PM(EST). SO DO NOT CALL VERY CLOSE.
I would never go back to Rogers again i know i have limited choices (because i am living Canada) but still it is not worth it to have any Rogers services at all.
More Rogers Complaints & Reviews
- Rogers Wireless - fraud/misleading csr 
- Rogers Wireless - rogers wireless contract transfer 
- Rogers Cable Network - unusual billing charges and poor customer service 
- Rogers - Home Phone Service - disconnect home phone with no authorization! 
- Rogers - free gift offer is a scam! 
- Rogers Communications - service 
- Rogers Communications - tv 
- Rogers Communications - internet increased pricing 
- Rogers Communications - cancellation 
- Rogers Communications - internet