Rings / Poor craftsmanship & service

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

My husband bought got an engagement ring custom made for me and spent thousands on it. I loved it. After a month, the diamonds were lose. We took it back to the store and they sent it away to get fixed and then they were going to charge us to fix it! A ring that was custom made a month prior and we were going to have to pay!! After some fighting finally we got it fixed at no charge.

When the ring was returned they completely changed the look of the ring and claimed that it was the only way to keep the diamonds safe. The diamonds were sunk down and the claws were huge, there were big gaps left in it too. I didn't agree but we accepted it, he already spent so much on it. Over the next couple years and getting it checked and cleaned we were asked many times if the ring was missing something (there were big gaps left in it).

Recently we asked on of the associates about getting it fixed, she said that it definitely didn't need to have such big claws and in fact they had a new jeweler since that time because of problems they had with the previous person. So to get it fixed, they quoted us $1000 and essentially they'll have to make a new ring. I don't think I should have to pay for something they didn't do properly the first 2 times so we tried to contact the head office. The district manager called us once and left a voice mail and we haven't heard from her since. It's been weeks and we've gotten no results. We were told at the store that we were welcome to take it somewhere else!!!

So they didn't make it right the first time, tried to fix it and did a poor job, tried to stick us with the bill, then after their own people told us the previous jeweler got fired said they'd do it fix it right for another $1000.

I think with all the options of jewelry stores, your money is better spent at another store/chain. These guys don't really care about the product they put out...after your initial purchase, you may be on your own!

More Rings Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ja
  2nd of Apr, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i also have my own educational jewelry discussion group under "JEWELRY & WATCHES" i read your complaint and i wish you had posted photos of this engagement ring for everyone to see. In my own opinion you should've never left the jewelry store without thoroughly checking that ring out. I also feel that you shouldn't have to pay to repair a ring that you never damaged so soon after having it made, the jewelry store should've taken care of that for you.

If you need my jewelry services feel free to contact me here or at the contacts below:

Email: jamesthejeweler@yahoo.com