Ringaza.com / Text message fraud!

CO, United States Review updated:
4.7

Unsolicited text massages sent to and billed to my cell without my consent. I suggest joining forces for a Class Action Suit.

Comments

Bo
  12th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
There is no way possible to accidentally subscribe to our service. The process is multi-step and requires that the user acknowledge their understanding of the program before being activated. The user, upon entering their cell number will be sent a unique PIN code to their phone.

In order to be activated the user must either reply on their mobile phone to that message accepting the subscription or enter that unique PIN code in to the website and check a box saying that they have AGREE to the terms and conditions of the offer. The price is prominently displayed as well as the terms of the offer are shown on the first page. We are not only regulated
by normal legal business law and common best practices, but we are also compliant with the Mobile Marketing Associations guidelines or mobile content distribution. In addition, ever offer that we attempt to put before the public is subject to an extensive 4 week review by each cellular company individually as they obviously want to protect their customer base.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, YOU LOSER.
De
  19th of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I would like to be taken off the list. I don't want RingAZA anymore. Thanks.
Denise
La
  11th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I would to be taken off the list.I don't want RingAZA anymore.Thanks.Laszlo
Hy
  19th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also got a text message from this company, RingAZA, saying I subscribed and will be charged $9.99/mo. Never heard of this company, never subscribed in any shape or form. I had to call my wireless carrier and put a stop to it. FRAUD!
Aa
  23rd of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been getting this charge to and sprint wont help out this sucks.
Tr
  26th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
YOU GUYS TOOK MY MONEY AND MINTUES OFF MY CELLPHONE I WANT MY MONEY BACK ON MY CELLPHONE AND STOP TAKING MY MONEY IF YOU DONT I WILL CALL THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREUE I DON'T WANT YOUR SERVICE SO PLEASE STOP TAKING MY MONEY I AM NOT PLAYING I HAVE NOT DOWNLOAD ANY OF YOUR MUSIC AND I DON'T WANT TOO YOU OWE ME 20.00 AND I WANT MY MONEY THANK YOU TRACEY R. HACKETT 3701 34TH AVE APT 40 NORTHPORT ALA 35473 205-535-9352 THANK YOU
Ch
  28th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also have been charged and have asked my cellular company to reverse the charges. They claim they can do nothing about it.
I have attempted to contact this company and get no response.
I have done nothing to ask for this ring tone. The cellular carrier tells me that they are very tricky in having people sign up for this service without their knowledge, and that they have had this problem alot.
Somebody needs to take ownership for this.
Who is the legal authority that governs them so we can send a written complaint.
Jo
  9th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This company is a fraud and a scam. They charged me $19.99 without my authorization and said they will keep on charging me that amount every month. I am complaining to AT&T, BBB and I want to file a Class Action suit. Let me know who is interested.

Do not give your number to them. They will charge you without authorization and it will take weeks to resolve the issue. Not to mention the tens of junk emails they keep on sending.
Sa
  2nd of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i so agree to this complaint!!i just recieved a text that makes it sound as if i have joined their company...ringaza.com, 19.99 per month...thank you for being in our club and for continuing your membership...i have never joined and do not ever intend to!!!last month, i had to get off all unsolicited phone calls to my phone due to a certain college continuously calling at all hours!i told them over and over to take me off their list and each time thet said they would but they did not. it was horrible!different ones would call from different numbers and say i did not tell them, and i would say oh yes i did, it was a different person but the same school because they would announce it before beginning their schpeel.i cannot describe how mad i was!anyway, my ph.comp.will take the charge off my ph., if the ringaza comp.does end up charging.i feel very badly for the ones whose ph.cos.will not do this my suggestion is to keep on complainig!!!do not stop till you get justice!!thanks for listening.
Do
  6th of Aug, 2008
Being charged for text messages that were not authorized by me! Beware all! Do not let them get you!
Ja
  19th of Aug, 2008
I do want to keep my pixplace account active.
Mi
  14th of Oct, 2008
To: BOBBY V

Loser? There's no "accidental way"? Well HELL yes there is YOU LOSER! Very misleading. These little Quizzes and Tests that are offered online, such as an IQ test that pops up on everyone's facebook when NOBODY on your friend's list has taken the test, yet it says they have and are challenging you. First of all THAT is misleading and misinformative. Secondly, when you take the quiz, it says to get the results you must enter your CELL Number and they'll be sent to you. Hmmm. First you have to agree to the Terms and Conditions but once you try to view the terms and conditions either ONE: Your popup blocker blocks the site. TWO: Your antivirus protection says the site is UNSAFE and the popup is blocked. or THREE: if you turn off either of the first two, you get MANY popups and by the time you close them out you are back to where you started and amazingly the terms and conditions have been agreed to.

How the hell do you consider that "LEGAL". I could understand it if I text messaged the company and asked for the service, but this type of back door ### is just OFFENSIVE, MISLEADING, and UNETHICAL business practice. You won't get a damned DIME from me YOU DOUCHEBAG
Jo
  16th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree with the complaint...you can "accidentally" be subscribed to your scam of a service if someone puts in a phone number that doesn't belong to them...and you get $20...please...Not to mention, a screen pops up after you take the IQ test and they send you a text message saying you subscribed to their service which you haven't...and that is an unauthorized charge. You will be hearing from my team of lawyers.
Ja
  28th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I did not subscribe to this crazy scheme. One day, I went on a website and asked to receive different ring-tones and then began receiving these ridiculous text messages. I've just sent back a message "STOP" after one of the text messages said they would stop sending the messages if I replied w/ this message. I'm hoping this is the end!
Mi
  3rd of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I played some quiz about Metallica from a link I clicked on with facebook, and thinking facebook was reputable, the link was ok. I won the quiz, clicked "download your free ringtone", and I was taken to a page of ringtones with about 10 artists, NONE of them Metallica, but there were several other links on the page asking me to "click here" for other stuff. I never did get my ringtone, so that is false advertising to start with.

On top of that, I am now receiving multiple text messages every hour, none of which I consented or subscribed to, and if you are going to tell me that I didn't "read" the fine print, that's illegal and entrapment, and that's just for starters. You can't advertise things like that and then sign someone up, knowing that they would have disagreed, had they knew what they were signing up for. That's a scam, and if it was legitimate, you wouldn't have to put it in the fine print in the first place.

I just tried sending a message to customer support, and I am getting page timeouts on the page, and when I log into the account that was created for me when I tried to get my free ringtone (which I also did not consent to), I went to the "account" page, to request for the text messages I keep getting on my phone to stop, it went to another page with another advertisement asking me for my phone number again, and a PIN, NOT an account page where I can subscribe/unsubscribe to get the text messages to stop.

I would appreciate if I could get someone from that company to get in touch with me so I can get any and all of my information removed from their database, as I did not consent, nor did I subscribe, and I do not want to create an account. This is misleading and it's a felony at the very least.
Li
  7th of Nov, 2008
Please remove me from your list now.
Thankyou I NEVER WANTED IT TO BEGIN WITH!
480-390-6876 Linda Petry
Ll
  14th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
hey tht happend 2 me...they said they would send results to the test if i typed in the pin...then they said i had subscribed and to stop all i had 2 do was send stop 2 them...i did tht immediately so i was subscribed 4 all of 2 minutes...are they still going 2 charge me the monthly fee??
Ov
  4th of Mar, 2009
Bobby V,

I am amazed that you talk to people they way that you do knowing that your company uses the sneaky tactics it does to acquire your business. I myself, did not order the pin number. I read the small print underneath which tells you that you are actually subscribing to a service which has absolutely nothing to do with the task you were performing. I stumbled upon this by clicking on an IQ test. I answered about 10 questions that anyone with a 3rd grade education should be able to answer. Then, before it gives you your IQ score it wants your cell phone number so that it can send you a pin. Only by reading the fine print underneath will you discover that you are actually subscribing to a service (which I assume is worthless since they have to resort to these tactics to get business.) Your company is sneaky and underhanded and everyone that you have scammed should win a class-action suit and get their $20 back and then some for the trouble of having to deal with a loser like you.

Suck it, Bobby V

Chad
Me
  13th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
the same things happened to me. this is entrapment, unethical, misleading, & ###!!! they keep taking the $ . i can't use my phone without text interuptions. and now i can't even reach them to "unsubscribe". this needs to stop. they need to be shut down and pay for their actions. WHAT DOWNLOADS? that's not how a company does business. you really are ###s!!!
Cr
  16th of Apr, 2009
Ringaza=RingaZa=Rigaza=FRAUDULENT CHARGES!

We were charged $9.99. Brand new cell phones!
facts:
Day after opening them a charge appeared out of no where.
No one else had access to our phones.
No one took any online quiz.
We were not online.
There are no kids or anyone else with acces to the phones.
There were/are no texts from Ringaza.
Charge appeared without any promting in any way on our part.

What we did so far:
We contacted our cell phone company and had ALL THIRD PARTY CHARGES banned and blocked- DO THIS NOW EVERYONE!!! (We have Verizon.)
We wrote a dispute E-mail to Ringaza (from work.)

So far:
We got a nasty E-mail from Ringaza refusing a refund for this fraudulent charge. They explained the way they trick others into signing up for their service (the "free ring-tone scam" above.) We did not do that. (By the was--DON'T take the Facebook quizzes.

This company is a FRAUD! Their practices are illegal. There was never any agreement nor disclosure of any kind.

By the way--
Whovever "Bobby V" is above in this posting, who said there is "no possible way to accidentally subscribe" is right. While some of the people tooka quiz of got a text--in this case, Ringaza FRAUDULENTLY sign US up WITHOUT our permission--it's no damned "ACCIDENT!" They did this on purpose to take money. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD ALERT!!! They think no one will initiate a class action, because it's only $9.99! Exteremly deceptive business practices, and now blatant fraud.