Rickenbacker Group / Fraud/ mistaken identity

7568 Monterey StGilroy, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 408-846-9200

Rickenbacker Group. They are frauds. I found a derogatory complaint on my credit report from 2002, when i was 16, stating i owed a company called gamefly 95 dollars. I called rickenbacker and told them i have never used Gamefly and they have the wrong person and they were certain it was for me and i owed Gamefly 95 dollars and have never responded to my letters in the mail. I made them spell my first and last name and my address so their was no communication error. I called Gamefly to find out why i owed them money. It turns out my brother owed them 95 dollars, same address same last name, just Josh instead of Joe. I told them they need to take care of rickenbacker group with my credit report. A few days later they called me and said rickenbacker said they never had me under their collections they had Josh the whole time. I called rickenbacker this time quite furious and tried to get an explanation they said they cant take anything off my credit report because they never had my name to begin with. So here i am with bad credit and never did a thing wrong, just getting screwed by some fraud collection agency who has no idea what they are doing. Do you think i need to get ahold of an attorney to get my credit taken care of? I have tried calling them a few times but they wont talk to me since i supposedly don't owe them money and never have, except my credit still says so.
Jo

Comments

La
  1st of Feb, 2009
the good thing is that if you were only 16, even if it were your account which it ISN'T they have no legal recourse it is illegal to enter into a contract with a minor so that alone is enough to get rid of these peopl
Co
  30th of Mar, 2011
Breaking news!! Rickenbacker is closing their doors and ordered by the district attorney of Santa Clara to withdrawal all negative credit reporting. To be added to the list of people wanting to have their credit report cleared contact the Santa Clara Consumer Protection Department at 408-792-2836, ask for Cory Finnegan.