Resort Equity Marketing / Fraud and scam

REM called and said they could sell or rent my timeshare within 180 day or I would get 1000 shopping spree... DID NOT HAPPEN!! I paid 800 for absolutely nothing. They would not return phone calls or answer any e-mails. They are total scam artists. They should be banned from internet and from the Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau. Better business bureau should take action. I am Pissed!

Va

Comments

Jo
  11th of Nov, 2008

They Sold my timeshare in nine weeks. I was very happy for getting set up with them. Even referred my sister so they could sell hers.
Joe

Me
  13th of Nov, 2008

Joe - are you sure you don't work for them :) I have't been able to find one positive remark about Resort Equity Marketing other than you.
The cheese stands alone I guess.

Ba
  29th of Nov, 2008

My mother signed up with them 2 years ago and they have rented out her timeshare every year since.

Dd
  30th of Nov, 2008

The only thing i have to say about REM is they sold my timeshare within the 45-95 day turnaround that they reassured me... i am so thankful of REM they are the way to GO

Do
  1st of Dec, 2008

Is it a scam or not? They approached us and everything sounds good, where else can I get rid of this "property". I reqret buying into this. Does anyone or has anyone gotten out of this money hole?

Do
  28th of Dec, 2008

I had great results using resort equity marketing. they sold my 2 bedroom orange lake country club resort in about 90 days. I started to get worried after reading some reviews and not receiving any offers for the first two months but by the third month i had 3 offers come in. I didn't make as much as they had promised me but I did still make about a $900 profit after the $1295 fee. I was just happy to get rid of the money pit! hope this helps.

Pa
  5th of Mar, 2009

I am still waiting for action after only 2 months but my inclination is to trust and wait for results as the agent, Mack, seems to be a good man. After all, the company has earned an award from the William Shatner TV show (DVD has the proof of this)... from Patricia near Sedona.

Li
  23rd of Mar, 2009

I have been waiting 6 months and have not had a call. I call them every month. I have reduced the price twice and tried to give it back to Bluegreen. Any way you go everything involved with a time share is a rip off. I now have vacations direct calling me with the same great deal!
Linda

Sh
  22nd of Apr, 2009

my husband an I brought into this SCAM in September 2008. Now it's April 2009 and they haven't rented our weeks. Well over 180 days. Also regarding shopping spree. We called and was told that the information would be sent, that was two months ago, whenever I tried to call again I get the automated service which indicated all customer service reps are busy please leave you name and they will call you back. Still waiting for a call back. I agreed that they should be banned and investigated by the Better Business Bureau. if I don't get a respond soon I will make an official complaint to the bureau.

Mi
  13th of May, 2009

REM is definitely proficient in marketing my timeshare! I have more than profited from them, and I always get my updates on my account when I call for customer service. People should really read their contracts and be more proactive in the process, thats how it suppose to work anyway. Hope this helps others looking for some easy cash!

Sp
  19th of May, 2009

It did take a lil time but they did get my property sold. even hooked me up with a title company so i didnt have to go out and find one on my own. customer service helped me out when i called and walked me through the steps to complete the sale. I WOULD RECOMMEND REM TO ANYONE WHO IS NO LONGER USING THEIR PROPERTY OR CANT AFFORD IT ANYMORE!

Se
  20th of May, 2009

REM worked for me! I feel bad for the experiences others have had but they really did rent my property out after a couple months. never had any problems with them whatsoever and i am looking forward to them doing it again next year!

Le
  2nd of Jul, 2009

I'm very uncertian at this point. I want to believe that they are legit, but it's hard when I was reassured that my timeshare would be sold within 30 - 90 days, and it has now been over 4 months. I have lowered our asking price and it is listed negotable and still not a single phone call. I'm concerned that I may have been scammed into buying a 1000 dollar gift certifacate towards their products. It's hard to trust after Geo Holiday scammed me into this time share in the first place. I'm so paranoid I'm considering that they could be in on this together. To make matters worse I was just contacted by another company called resort condos also claiming to sell my timeshare and I would have to say that had to be the most sketchy phone call I have ever recieved. Thankfully I wasn't buying anything they were saying because when I googeld their website all I could see where warning sites, which is why I looked up resort equity marketing on the complaint board as well. Luckily there seems to be more good reviews then bad, so I will continue to hope for the best, what else can I do they already have my money :(

La
  18th of Aug, 2009

I think that all the positive feedback about REM was made by their employees to make the company look good. Don't buy into it. I almost lost $899 in fees, but my instinct told me to check the complaint sights. I cancelled my credit card account right away before they could place the charge through. I find it odd that no one is ever available to speak to you right away. It's always a voicemail, and they don't return calls after they have scammed you. If you want them to return your call, leave a voicemail saying that you want to rent your timeshare. They want fresh meat, so they will call you back! My advice is to try to sell your own timeshare.

Un
  20th of Nov, 2009

PLEASE READ!!!

TIMESHARE RESALE COMPANIES ARE ALL SCAMS. IF YOU WANT LEGIT HELP WITH OPTIONS TO DO ANYTHING YOU NEED WITH YOUR TIMESHARE WITHOUT DEALING WITH UPFRONT FEE'S...GO TO THIS WEBSITE WWW.EXCHANGEINTERNATIONAL.COM AND CALL 407.215.5410 ASK FOR STACIE DIMMICK SHE HELPED ME AND MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY WITH EVERYTHING WE NEEDED...HOW BLESSED WE FEEL THAT WE ACTUALLY GOT A PHONE CALL FROM A COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY HELPS AND DOESNT RIP OFF!!! ITS A EXCHANGE COMPANY THAT ALLOWS YOU TO EXCHANGE DIRECTLY WITH OTHER OWNERS WITHOUT THE EXCHANGE FEE AND CAN GO ANYWHERE U WANT WITHOUT WAIT TIME OR HIDDEN INVETORY...YOU CAN ALSO DONATE TO A CHARITY OF YOUR CHOICE FOR A 501C3 TAX RECEIPT AND GET 4-6K PER WEEK...IF YOU WANT TO RENT AND RESALE THEY HAVE A RESORT ONLY AUCTION..WITHIN 3DAYS I HAD 3 BIDS ON MY 2BED LOCK OFF AND GOT 6K FOR A WEEK I COULDNT USE...I NEVER THOUGHT A DAY IN MY LIFE THAT ID BE ABLE TO ENJOY MY TIMESHARE AGAIN UNTILL I BECAME A MEMBER OF EXCHANGE INTERNATIONAL THAT IS AN EXTREME LOW PRICE OF $289 AND ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE OPTIONS!!! I STRONGY SUGGEST YOU DO THIS TOO!!!

Ex
  1st of Dec, 2009

Everyone has heard this already, STOP PAYING THESE HUGE UPFRONT FEES! These companies are providing minimal amounts of service for your hard earned money! At Exchange International, we have a one of kind service where you can Exchange, Auction and Donate your current and unused bank weeks to a charitable cause for cash. We currently work with The American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, Make a Wish Foundation, The Special Olympics, Cystic Fibrosis of America as well as the Epilepsy Society. We are a national firm that promotes the rental and resale by auction forums as well as finds an exchange eliminating large company participation. Our fees are $289 for a 2 year program and the guarantee is that worse case scenerio you get a HUGE tax deduction for donating something that you weren't using anyway! STOP PAYING THESE RESALE FIRMS! 877-833-0885

Sd
  29th of Apr, 2010

Resort Equity Marketing is definitely a scam. I have been with them since 2008, and nothing has been rented out. I owned an Orange Lake resort. They told me it was popular and could be rented out within 45 days. It has been 2 years! I do call in to check on my resort regularly and reduced my prices a couple times. So don't sign up with Resort Equity Marketing.

I wouldn't go with Exchange International, either. They told me they have over 8000 resorts and have more resorts than RCI. When you look at their website and do a search on their inventory, the number of resorts available is pitiful. I told the rep I needed some time to research their company, but they wouldn't let me go. I have a couple fixed weeks deposited in RCI. They told me these deposited week can be released from RCI to be exchanged with other owners on their website. Obviously either they lied or they don't know how RCI works and just make things up as they go along. I just confirmed with RCI that once a week is deposited, you can't release it to exchange with owners outside of RCI--you must exchange within RCI. So beware of Exchange International.

Mh
  4th of May, 2010

I found that if your really willing to go ball out and just dont pay them they will cave... tell them foreclose who cares... I did the math if you consider the cost to buy plus interest and the HOA plus the RCI subcription fee and the RCI trade free your looking at say 2000 bucks a week for your stay - figure you'll dump the whole thing in 7-10 years at most

if you put 200 a month into a vacation savings account you could go ANYWHERE ANYTIME and get a lot more value... overall I can't see timeshares working out, maybe if you need to drag the kids along but even then how asskicking of a place could you rent for 2400 a week... think about it...

BTW - the way geo works is they buy foreclosed timeshares for dirt and resell them, they actually own nothing

Ma
  4th of Sep, 2013

I am not sure why the State Attorney of Las Vegas, Nevada is not doing anything or FTC? I'm from Canada so i'm not sure what they can do if i don't pay. i don't need credit anymore i'm old & poor.