Res v Max / charged my credit card

1 3007 Greene StHollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-949-0138

Received a trial bottle of Res V Max for $3.95 which was billed to my credit card, bottle was free, only had to pay for shipping and handling. Not impressed sent e-mail (got the e-mail address from the internet ad) cancelling the subscription w/ in the 14 day period allowed. Well this company has charged me $87.13 3 days after I sent the cancellation e-mail. When I called this company, I was informed that my account was still "active", not only did they claim they did not receive my e-mail but they claim the e-mail address I sent this email to was not theirs. How convenient. Do not order anything from this company. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! I will now call my credit card company and file a complaint to have the charges reversed. This company also goes by several different names. Do your homework, do not order and save yourself headaches later. Not to mention the product does not work.

Comments

4th of Apr, 2009

I ran into the same problems of all the above complaints.
    I agree this is a big scam!!
    My trial order was not received until 15 days after they charged my credit card for the 3.95 shipping.
    I had no chance to even try the product.
    A telephone # came with the trial bottle and I immediately called to tell them that I had just received my
    free trial. They said I would be charged 87.13 because I didn't call before the 14 days was up.
    I told them I didn't have a phone # until the free trial was delivered and there was no phone # listed on
    their web page. I also called the phone # on the trial bottle and received no answers.
    Did anyone have success in getting their money back????????

• Co
      28th of Apr, 2009

Super SCAM! Do not give this company your credit card number...EVER! I can't get them to stop charging me 80 dollars per month.

• Yo
      28th of Apr, 2009

I agree. This add is a scam. I ordered my trial size and my bank card was debited $87.13 2 weeks later. Then the following week, I received another debit of $40.00. When I tried to contact the company to discuss the issue, the phone was disconnected. When I finally got a number on the company, I called and spoke to a representative who I could not hardly understand what she was saying. It seems she did not speak english very well.

• Vi
      7th of May, 2009

I am having problems as well as everyone else here. My first bottle was 250mg. and when the second one came it was for 150mg. I canceled that same day. Now I either want my money back or send me the correct 250 mg. Oh, guess what they still haven't canceled my order...what a surprise. I did call and told them about what had happened and I was told that someone would e-mail me in about three weeks. Three weeks, I want it corrected now. S o then I tried the number on the flier, that came with my free trial order but no one answers. If anyone has an answer to what we can do about this, let me in on it. The sad thing is that the first bottle did work. The 250 mg.
    Vikki

11th of May, 2009

I have the same problem not only with RES V MAX (which I haven't contacted yet) but also with Nature's Asai Berry and Asai Advanced. I called the phone number on my credit card statement for the latter and got it canceled.

There were two other charges on the statement that I know nothing about but I suspect they have to do with Asai Berry since both are (were) in Nevada: One from "www.mycostsmash.com" for $2.95 whose web page said "Temporarily unavailable due to server maintenance", yeah right - server maintenance in the middle of Monday morning!

The other was from "www.selfhelp.com" for $29.95 whose web site consisted of some self help links and a message (paraphrasing): "We understand that someone is posting charges with our EMail address. This is a fraud as we know nothing about such items and we don't have a credit card machine (Is their self help free?). Please contact your credit card bank to request a credit".

These "free Trial" scams are so pervasive I don't know how to address the problem. One of the best ways I've found, relating to other issues, is to contact your State Attorney General's office; the Consumer Protection division is usually located in his office. I've had very good results with them in Maryland.

Has anyone else seen these bogus charges on their statements?