Repair Tech / Extended Service Contract

1 Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:

I purchased a 3 year warranty on my Nikon Cool Pix 7600 Camera from Repair Tech. The company should rename themselves Rip-off Tech. The battry door clip broke (as many of them do come to find out) and I sent it to their 'authorised dealer' Precision Camera (no precision at tis company). Precision said the camera had "physical damage" which is not covered under the warranty as they say. The camera was not dropped or immersed in any fluid. The latch broke from normal wear which is suppose to be covered by the Extended Service Contract. They refuse to repair under warranty and if you call the calls are forwarded to a voice mailbox in which no one has returned my call (left over 15 messages). Precisin said the repairs would be $145 including labor and parts. I purchased a new camera for the same cost which is better than the Nikon. DON"T BUY THESE WARRANTIES. TEHY ARE A RIP-OFF!!

Ji

Comments

• Ji
      21st of Nov, 2008

I purchased a 3 year warranty on my Nikon Cool Pix 7600 Camera from Repair Tech. The company should rename themselves Rip-off Tech. The battery door clip broke (as many of them do come to find out) and I sent it to their 'authorised dealer' Precision Camera (no precision at tis company). Precision said the camera had "physical damage" which is not covered under the warranty as they say. The camera was not dropped or immersed in any fluid. The latch broke from normal wear which is suppose to be covered by the Extended Service Contract. They refuse to repair under warranty and if you call, the calls are forwarded to a voice mailbox in which no one has returned my calls (left over 15 messages). Precision Camera said the repairs would be $145 including labor and parts. I purchased a new camera for the same cost which is better than the Nikon. DON"T BUY THESE WARRANTIES. THEY ARE A RIP-OFF!!

21st of Nov, 2008

could not agree more-- scam/ripoff/ mafia who knows. They are all ### at repairtech

• Es
      26th of Mar, 2010

bought a extended warrenty need a repair on tv. i cannot locate them

• Es
      27th of Mar, 2010

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF A CLASS ACTION SUTIE IS FILED .SO I CAN SIGN IT.THANK YOU.RICKS044@aol.com