REMAX of Fort Wayne / unreasonable business practices

Se Review updated:
Phone: 260 490 1590

"Listed my house with them. Agents (both 30 year vets) both tried to pigeon-hole an offer to me when they both should have known better. Deal fell through. In my opinion there was very unprofessional conduct on the part of realtor on the REMAX side (and on the Century 21 side as well). Was very upset with both of them. As time progressed, I felt more and more uncomfortable with my dealings with the office in general. They sent earnest money that I was supposed to receive back to the buyer (I did receive it eventually). Also, realtor did not represent my wishes to other realtors who were wanting to show my house to potential buyers. The relationship went south very quickly. I called the principle of the office, Larry Phillips who then referred me to the sales manager, Bill Gething. After a few phone calls, I was told by Bill that both himself and Larry had spoken to my realtor, David Gall. Apparently, my realtor was going to be able to keep his listing with me even though I had expressed strong misgivings about it. I also was made out to be a liar which is not something I take very lightly. Since they were not going to release my listing, Bill literally hung up on me. It was a waste of time to even start the process of trying to resolve this problem in the first place I guess.

So now I am handcuffed through a contract to people who are unreasonable and unwilling to acknowledge there is a major problem. As a fellow business person this is very bad for business. The Real estate business is all about relationships, connections, public perceptions, etc. Treating people in this way cannot be good for them. I would never recommend this office to anyone. Please very careful when dealing with these people."

Comments

• Da
      Apr 01, 2016

Ken Vaughn Jr at Remax Results 8101 Coldwater Rd Ft Wayne, IN acknowledged receipt of my purchase offer from my agent. He called my agent and stated his client was out of the country so all negotiations would be verbal. He then stated that my offer was rejected but that the property owner had presented a counter-offer. Later that same day Vaughn was contacted by my agent and advised that I had accepted the counter-offer. Vaughn advised my agent that we had a "done deal" and the paperwork would be forwarded to us in a few days. Two days later we learned that Vaughn had presented a higher offer to the property owner that was accepted. There were no offers pending when Vaughn told us we had a "done deal". After learning of what had transpired and contacted by my agent Vaughn's response was "we didn't have anything in writing". This man is completely devoid of any professional ethics. Save yourself a lot of heartache and find a professional real estate with ethics.