Remanufactured.com / no money/no engine

1 POB 369Bloomingdale, IL, United States Review updated:

Boy, I wish I had found this website before I shipped my motor. Sent my motor and the money. Now, after four months I still have no motor and no money, even though they said it would be about three weeks turnaround. Can't talk to a live person anymore, and can't get a response.

I still like to do business the old fashioned way, but this has really been an experience. No point in chasing because it's too far away.

Va

Comments

• De
      1st of Oct, 2013

David Schaffner is the owner of remanufactured.com. It is located in Gary Indiana. 3817 Garfield, IN 46408. He used to have a PO Box in Bloomingdale, but he has closed this. Report him to the attorney general's office immediately. He had a civil suit against him about five years ago, but managed to escape from it. There are several complaints that exist now, but they are sending the complaints to an address in Roselle which has nothing to do with his business. Please instruct the attorney generals office when making your complaint. Godd luck to all of you that have been by subjected to his dishonesty and theft.

1st of Sep, 2015

Odd that Dean Winter is spilling the beans on the company that he works for? I ordered a long block 235 and talked to Dean Winter who had enough knowledge to convince me to place an order with remanufactured on June 3, 2015 and like all the others have no engine and they refused to give me a refund. So, two years later Dean Winter is still working for this fraudulent company and convincing people to place their orders with them?
    I've filed complaints with Indiana state district attorney, same in Nevada, FBI internet crime and multiple other websites. In addition I'm adding Dean Winters name to all of them as an accessory.

• Bi
      29th of Feb, 2016

"Dean Winters" is just the latest name David Schaffner is using, I'm that "civil suit against him about five years ago." Took him to trial December 2015, won a 9K judgement. He can be served now because he's hired an Attorney to represent him. My Attorney is Lee Gunter in Joliet, Illinois. (815) 726-8916 Look, folks can file all the complaints they want but this guy stays just outside the criminal arena by shipping you something; then he just argues with you about it's serviceability. Note he won't accept payment through the USPS because they would come after him for mail fraud. He's not dumb, he's dishonest. He also doesn't take phone calls or rip people off from any closer than six about states away.

On your instruments of payment to him will be the account number and bank name it was deposited into and I need this information. Contact my Attorney; LeAnn answers the phone and tell her you have bank information on David Schaffner; Dba, Remanfactured.com, Dba. AA Rebuild. She'll take the information, I'll give you a % of what is recovered. I know you read this things David, I'll never stop and I'm getting closer every day.

• So
      2nd of Mar, 2016

My dealings with them have been similar. I shipped my engine to be rebuilt along with full payment on the promise that it would take a few weeks at the most. A few weeks turned into almost 6 months with the same excuses everyone else has been getting. It's almost as if this Laura person has some sort of standard scripted email she sends out at the proper time interval.
    I finally got fed up, started researching and found (to my utter dismay) that this has been going on for years. I asked to conceal my order, have my engine shipped and and my money be refunded. At first I was told that wasn't an option. That got quickly turned around when I filed criminal charges with my local PD, the Gary PD, and the Indiana State Attorney General's office. My engine arrived yesterday and I have been told a refund check will be issued "in approximately 15 business days". Why it takes 15 business days to get a casheiers check will forever remain a mystery I suppose but they have 3 law enforcement agencies breathing down their necks right now. Laura has a bit of an attitude as if I was making an unreasonable request but 6 months of excuses is more than a reasonable amount of time and from what I have rad about these people I did not want them doing the rebuild. Aside from the lame excuses, it appears they perform shoddy work - if/when they actually produce a finished product.
    So I will now have to wait 10 morebusiness days but law enforcement has assured me after that they will go after them full force. These people know how to play the game. They know they can take people's money, not deliver what was agreed and worse case, they have to issue a refund. As for the rest who give up, well they are well ahead of the game.
    If you are reading this and find yourself in a similar situation, don't keep letting them stall. File charges. Accept nothing less than a full refund and a return of your engine/core if you sent one. It's the only thing that's going to get you any results. Ryan, thanks so much for all, your help in this!
    Laura, Dean, and Davd - if you are reading this you know I meant what I said I was going to do.

• Co
      17th of Mar, 2016

This Laura person called today to advise that they are closing the business and filing bankruptcy. Probably just another lie, but wanted to let folks know.