Reliance Home Comfort / Rental boiler
Numerous complaints towards water leaking of this rental boiler unit since day one – Jan 2008 – when I moved in to this town house complex. All along the same technician named “Scott” – a sub-contractor through “Fannair” came each and every time though not able to fix the problem . . . .
The one time approx. Jan/Feb 2009, Scott eventually identified the problem is “installation” guy did not follow the protocol but missed one part which he said he ordered and 2 months later, he came to install and supposed this is the root problem.
However, water leaking continued and more service calls were placed.
You can imagine this is very frustrating for us . . . . we never know when the bucket holding water will be full and if we are away, then there is possibility that water damage may be a result . . . . .
The last service call we place which Reliance charged us $89.00 in this context I protest: Scott just came in for 2 minutes and gave us a “formed letter” . No indication shows which organization issued this “formed letter” saying water leaking is due to “T&P relief valve”. I never have heard about this and if this is a common problem which your organization or whoever identified, then this formed letter should be MAILED to us prior and not being delivered by this technician and then charge us a service call for $89.00 plus tax.
This is totally a scam! I cannot imagine this is considered a “service call”.
I will not pay and will seek outside help if this is not dealt with seriously on the part of “Reliance”.
Caroline - Aurora, Ontario, Sept 24, 2010
More Reliance Home Comfort Complaints & Reviews
- Reliance Home Comfort - Hot water heater rental 
- Reliance Home Comfort - Lien on my house 
- Reliance Home Comfort - Service 
- Reliance Home Comfort - Furnace repair 
- Reliance Home Comfort - Service / repairs 
- Reliance Home Comfort - hot water tank - rental unit 
- Reliance Home Comfort - furnace/a/c
- Reliance Home Comfort - unreliable service with reliance
- Reliance Home Comfort - water filtration system
- Reliance Home Comfort - an email I received for service