Redi Set Go Xpress

poor customer service dept

4.8
Redi Set Go Xpress Cooker
redisetgo.com
The customer service is very poor. I ordered my item over the phone yesterday and gave my card upfront (mistake) and they went for minutes trying to sell me extras. At the end of the automated call I did not know what I’d ordered, what I was getting and what the total cost would be.

First thing Sunday I called to cancel and got a confirmation that I would not be charged, but saw this afternoon online that my card had been charged anyway. Called customer service again and they verified it would be reversed this afternoon, but I bet they end up shipping it and I get stuck with shipping costs to return the item. Customer service was rude, would not let me speak with a manager, both girls seemed foreign and very hard to understand. I wonder if their customer service is even in the US at all or if it’s located outside the country. After I asked to hold for the supervisor, I was hung up on. Very poor service, will not keep item if I do get it.
Complaint comments Comments (26) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

D  5th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I placed an order by phone thinking it will be easy. I was on the line for several minutesas they went on offering all of these extras that i was not interested in. Now I have no idea how much I have to pay. very bad service misinforming cust.
N  5th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
i know what mean i did the same thing and now i am very upset for misinforming me once i receive everything i am sending it back!
N  14th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
if anyone know the phone # to reach the Ready Set Go company, I really need it. I ordered the cooker and the simple recipe book and the one pan they said I would get. It was all automated to begin with and they sent me this vast amount of stuff and I apparently am a club member that in the past two months they have debited my acct. for $25 plus and sending me things I never asked for. I feel so taken advatage of and now there is no phone # for me to talk to any one about this. I just want to cancel this apparent member ship I did not sign up for and prayerfully they will not take anymore of my money. I will never order anything over the phone again. I see they have d0ne the same to other people. Shame on them. They apparently don't have faith in the product to sell it honestly. I will report them to some consumer fraud organization as soon as I figure out how to do that. Please someone send me the phone # for the R.S.G company and perhaps any knowledge of getting even with consumer fraud organizations such as these people. Thank you. Claudia Pascale Cpascale@wi.rr.com
A  27th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Sorry about your experience, but these people are not inept, they are thieves who are quite good at what they do. As like many other scams on line, they make their money by obtaining your credit or bank information and enroll you in some impossible to escape from plan. Cancel your card immediately. You will likely not get your money back, as these companies usually operate outside of the US. If you read many of the other complaints on this board, you will see that you are now probably enrolled in their recipe club. You will not get anywhere with their customer service department. They don't get rich by being honest. Good luck, and cancel that card before they do any more damage. My mother bought one too, and I fell for colon cleanse. You are in good company.

PS - spread the word to all your email friends and tell them to spread it as well. I now refer everyone I know to this website.
A  30th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
This company is located in the Philippines. I just called the customer service line and talked to a girl there calling herself Tiffany. Her accent was so heavy, I could barely understand her, but, she did admit to being in the Philippines. I told her I wanted to return the product, and asked her where I should send it to, and she couldn't get off the phone fast enough.

I have not used this product because it is a piece of junk and I don't want to electrocute myself, so I am going to try and return it. I'll see if I get my money back.

I, also, have had my card charged for products I have never ordered. I just called my bank to alert them to these people.

I'll keep you posted.
A  10th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I ordered a "Redi Set go" item directly from the manufacturer (see original cost $56.85). Then they offer free items AFTER you have checked out and confirmed your order, and then they add shipping and handling and fees to your order after select the free item, BOOSTING THE COST $15.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH DECEPTIVE CHECK OUT PROCEDURES IN MY LIFE.

ORIGINAL ORDER CONFIRMED
Xpress Redi-Set-Go Cooker w/ 3 FREE GIFTS
SKU:05-53712
Sub Total: $39.90
Estimated US S&H*: $16.95
Total w/ Est. S&H**: $56.85

AFTER SELECTING FREE ITEM - Automatically charged extra.
Product Qty List Price Extended
Sub Total: $49.85
Shipping & Handling*: $21.90
Order Total: $71.75
A  11th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Follow Up report: I called the company at (5:13PM EST Dec 10, 2009) immediately after seeing the bogus charges but was told that I had to wait 24 to 48 hours to for the item to enter their processing system before I could cancel the order, since it was not visible in their system. However, I saw the order confirmation by email with 10 minutes. I called the company at 9AM Dec 11, as soon as the lines were open to cancel the order, but was told the order was in process and could not be cancelled. I told them I would not pay for the items and had contacted my credit cards. I was told they would “try” to cancel the order but if it is shipped to refuse shipment. However, as I read what others are experiencing with this company, their practice is to deny the return or to continue to deduct the shipping charges, or worse. Apparently they continue to charge your credit card for memberships in the “free” recipe club after you have asked to be removed from their subscriptions. Apparently you have to cancel your credit card to stop being charged.
N  25th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I share the same compliant as the others. Your method of doing business sucks. I ordered a grill for two payments of $19.99 and ended up with a bill for $71.25 and the following month for $14.99. I did NOT agree to this amount, I Only ordered one item that was suppose to cost $56.85. I would like a refund. You make it impossible to speak with a representative, your company is a fraudulent and I will be sure to tell all my friends not to order anything from Redi Set Go Xpress.

Flora Lewis
N  30th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I guess I was fortunate. I called to order the Xpress Redi Set Go Grill and was told shipping would be about $25.oo, which I thought was excessive postage. I called my local Bed Bath and Beyond and was told even though they did not have it in stock, I could place an order with them. I used my $5.oo coupon and paid $34.99 plus $6.00 shipping. I did not have any pressure sales person and I received it within 5 days. I have used it several times and find it fun to make appetizers with the mini portion pan. If you are lucky enough to receive a refund you may want to try purchasing it in this way. I beleive it can be purchased on the Bed Bath and Beyond website as well, but you may not be able to use a coupon.
A  29th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Every word above is exactly what I went through - once you give your name and credit card number it's
all over but the screaming "no" "no" "no" - I couldn't stop her, automated or not, there was nothing I could do. I immediately called the company and was told they were closed on Sunday - to call back Monday. I set the alarm and called to cancel the order. At this time I still did not know what this $19.95 super deal was costing me - recipe books, utensils, and on and on and on. What a way to do business. I called my credit card company and they said $105 had been charged to my account and that I had to wait and receive everything BEFORE I coud start doing anything about it. Unless I move fast, I could be charged something every month from these people, things I didn't even order. All I wanted was a pan (actually the big deal for the day was TWO pans for the price of one $19.95. ) I hope everyone catches on before they get involved - when you can't talk to a real person and you are not able to ask questions or say NO - they must be desperate - and making millions. What a mess!
A  29th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Contact the Colorado Atty General and the Atty General for your state, send copies to GAIA and contact the FTC.
These people have to be stopped. I eventually got my order cancelled and my money back. But it was hell. Took 2 weeks of threats. Cancelled my credit card, etc.
A  9th of Nov, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I DIDN'T LIKE WHEN A MACHINE WAS TALKING TO ME I WANTED A LIVE PERSON .KNOW I DON'T THINK I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE GRILL.WANT IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER.
A  30th of Nov, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I agree with everything above and the Better Business Bureau should be contacted immediately. There is no live person when ordering and no one confirms the amount at the time of purchase to let you know how much shipping is and final cost that will be charged and it is a piece of crappy equipment and does not work like the commercial. It smokes, it's tiny, does not brown the shredded potato like the commercial-100% disappointed. Worst purchase I ever made and regret it. If you want to return the units, by the time they deduct everything, you get hardly anything back. BIG SCAM! I should have hung up as soon as they answered the phone. Wish I would have checked online before ordering.
N  21st of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I was totally shocked when I received a package in the mail today from this company. I never signed up for any future products, and here I am with two additional pans! I didn't order them! I don't want them! After reading the above comments, I'm not quite sure how to procede. I think I will try their customer service number, and then call my credit card company and change my #. What a scoundrel this company is! I've sure learned my lesson. I happen to like the unit I received, but I ordered NO more. They have NO business sending me additional products!
N  22nd of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I wrote the above comment. I called the Xpress Redi Set Go customer service number this morning (1-800-357-9213) to tell them that I did not order any additional pans. I was told that because I accepted an offer for an additional set of pans that with that offer I was automatically enrolled in their monthly (or bi-monthly; I'm not sure which) club. I told the representative that I did NOT enroll in anything extra. I know I did not. The automated voice had asked me so many questions when I originally ordered my cooker, that there may have been an error. I did order an extra set of pans, but I did not enroll in any club. I told the representative that I would keep this set, but that I wanted to cancel any additional orders. She gave me a cancellation number. I remembered what I had read above about the only way to stop receiving shipments from this company is to cancel the credit card. I called my credit card company and had the # changed (I didn't cancel the card itself). That should take care of that. The credit card company also told me that I wouldn't be responsible for any unautorized use of my card. I had already accepted the pans so I was stuck with the $25.95 charge. (I should have called the credit card company first!) Oh well. I guess we live and learn about companies like the Xpress Redi Set Go. Count our losses and go on. It makes one angry though. The customer service representative at my credit card company also told me that I could call the attourney general of the state this product comes out of (Ohio, and Colorado) and make a complaint against this company. I think I'll do that! Good luck everyone!
A  22nd of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I can't believe the FTC or the attorney general of Colorado has not already shut this @#$*^ company down. They are the worst of the worst internet scam artists.
N  2nd of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I totally agree with ball of you . I also ordered on line. Did not want any extras and still got them, called to complain and also e-mailed them. Now the one I got to give as a gift has broke after only a week. This sucks. I am calling and giving them a piece of my mind. Probably won't do any good but will make me feel better
A  3rd of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I do agree with all above complaints, I ordered Redi-Set- Go-- buy 1 get 2nd Redi-Set-Go unit FREE BUT pay additional shipping & handling charges of $29.90 which brought my total $75.99 & to add insult to injury I never received the 2nd set of cooking pans. I called customer service this morning & was told we can send those item for $14.95 + shipping & handling I told her to tell Kathy Mitchel to shove her machine up her ___& where the sun don't shine. I also agree w/others NEVER ORDER FROM T.V. they are all scam artist, all of us can complain to our local Consumer Affairs & they will help. I know because I had a bad experience with a ontractor & won...
P.S. I better not see any additional charges on my card if so then they will have big troubles.
MSaucey
disatified customer in New York
A  9th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree with all of these people's comments I was done exactly the same way. The customer service # is 1-800-357-9213 I called to cancel my order and they said they could not find my order# either. I told them i WANTED TO CANCEL MY ORDER they said they would call me monday and it would be canceled but will see. I was buying them for my two daughters thought it a safe way for them to make quick meals instead of using the stove. but I got a automated system the was bull@#$! I asumed what you see is what your buying. WRONG they are decietful lyers out to rob you blind recording your yes so they can use it against you and say your agreed. Im a single mom with two girls to support and now there going to rob from me and my family. My mom bought a small and large set they were there older models and she does not really use them she said they are a pain to clean and scratch really easy. What a CHEAP product company brand customer service takes after the person KATHY MITCHELL. I still have know Idea how much there stealing from me either???
disatisfide customer of CAlifornia
A  31st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I called the customer service department (located in Manila, Phillipines) and spoke with someone who had limited English skills. He was not very interested in my concerns about the automated hard-sell phone system, only about getting my credit card# (Warning sign #1). When I asked where the corporate headquarters are located, and requested their address, he wanted to know why I wanted to know (Warning sign #2). I finally had to be insistent about speaking with a manager who also wanted to know why I needed the corporate address (Warning sign #3).

I explained that even though I responded "No" throughout the phone order, I was concerned that I'd been subscribed to one or more unwanted services and would be charged. She insisted that this was not true (hard to hear - sounded like a party in the background).

Based on the reports filed here, I will take action to prevent any unwanted charges appearing on my account, and will file a complaint with the Attorney General of Colorado. In addition to all of the other complaints, a company this evasive and misleading is not a trustworthy repository for a database of credit card numbers.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree