Redbox / Questionable business practices!
You may have noticed large red DVD rental kiosks in your local supermarket installed by a company called "RedBox." I was so excited as it seemed so convenient to rent a DVD this way, and it was "only" .99 per night. However, I've now paid the same price I'd pay at Blockbuster video for a new release, and I have not had any response to my request for assistance from RedBox (via their website OR their toll free number).
When I went to return the DVD the following day, their kiosk was down, which means you have NO WAY TO RETURN THE DVD, AND CHARGES CONTINUE TO ACCRUE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD THAT YOU SWIPED TO RENT IT. When I phoned them from the kiosk as instructed (using my cell phone which has a pay-as-you-go plan) I was on hold for 15-16 minutes, and repeatedly encouraged by a computer voice to leave a voicemail message for them, and that they would return the message in 24 hours. We are going on 120 hours, and counting...
So I sent them e-mails over the weekend requesting assistance. No response to those, either. And my card continues to be charged... DO NOT RENT A DVD FROM REDBOX! It is a consumer protection nightmare because you can't get a live person to help you. Just walk over to your nearest video rental store and rent your movies the old fashioned way.
More Redbox Complaints & Reviews
- Redbox - charged me for a movie that I returned 
- Redbox - Constant Charging for DVD Returned 
- Redbox - Machines Not Accepting Returns 
- Redbox - Overcharging 
- Redbox DVD Rental - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES 
- Redbox Automated Retail - online chat
- Redbox Automated Retail - never have I had a successful purchase from redbox
- Redbox Automated Retail - poor account troubleshooting service and abysmal dvd stock in area 
- Redbox Automated Retail - kiosk and customer service.
- Redbox Automated Retail - the movies in the redbox located at the walgreens in taylor texas.