Rebath

Posted:

bad salesman

3.75
Salt Lake City, Utah
I had these poeple out to give us an estimate. Before they would come they insisted that both me and the wife needed to be there. I was about 15 minutes late and the salesman just went off on my wife. This was the first bad sign. I got there and he spent two hours trying to convince me to spend $5000 on a cheap plastic wall covering for my shower. I dont think the stuff is worth a few hundred dollars. He got madder and madder until I told him to just get out of my home. I have never been treated like this by anyone.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Building, Construction

Comments

A  1st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
You're Lucky. That Salesman did you a favor. My Salesman was nice, and we purchased. The initial job was just OK, but we were satisfied. But within a year the fixture didn't work. We were told that those fixtures have cartridges that aren't warranted. $300 to repair. Same year, all the caulk turned yellow. First they said we were using the wrong cleaner. We showed what we using and it is what they recommended. Then they said I needed to take pictures and send them in. Then the pictures weren't clear enough. Then I'd have to have someone come out to inspect, etc., etc. Long story made short, they won't cover it.

So count yourself lucky.
D  15th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
wow..thats kinda crazy to hear. had a similar aspect happen to me with the a competitor in the SLC area (@@th Crest) easy one to figure out..anyway I had Rebath come out and had there system installed. I love the product and it did what they said it would do. Then a year later I had our handle on our glass door come loose and they came out to fix it, , no questions... I hope that I don't get anything like this..I'lll keep my fingers crossed..till then they have kept there word on everything..unlike @@th Crest
A  29th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I had Rebath take out a bathtub and put in a shower. I am a big man and need a big shower. The salesman said that they would do this. After they put this in, it is now so small that I cant fit inside. They said they it would work and it doesn't. I should have stuck with my bathtub. They should have been honset and said what size it would be instead of being so greedy to make a sale. Then I called Bathfitter and they said that I could have a shower twice the size. The economy might be bad but please don't take advantage of people.
D  1st of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
I had my upstairs bathtub and walls done by ReBath Spring 2004. We loved the product so much we had our downstairs shower ReBathed in September 2006. We moved out of the house in July 2007, but kept it as a rental. The first round of renters completely trashed my house...I didn't give them a penny of their deposit back it was so bad! I was terrified to see what my bathrooms looked like, as ReBath also installed new toilets, cabinets and wainscotting, so needless to say we spent A LOT on our bathroom remodels. I almost could not believe what I saw: the bathrooms were spotless and looked completely new. The bathrooms are a definate highlight of the house and have rented my house out to two more couples for me! I have never had any issues with the product: it is obviously very durable and very easy to clean. The shower doors are still look brand new as well. I loved all the color and texture options and don't regret my ReBath decision at all!
N  1st of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
We had rebath liner installed in 2003. what a joke water kept getting under liner they would come out lift the liner to drain the water out and then charge us a fee! this happened 4 times we had the liner for 13 years had a 20 year warranty but that did not matter. finally the bottom just cracked I put duck tape over cracks till we could afford to have new bath installed. stay far away from rebath unless you just enjoy throwing money down the drain!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree