Real Estate Mastery / Onyx Coale and Robert Addie

1 1200 SW 20th Street 33483Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 561-213-9139

Onyx Coale and Robert Addie have a big scam going here. They introduce their scam at a free seminar, usually at a 2 or 3 star hotel in the ballroom, where they give away prizes like free dinner at a crappy Chinese buffet. Their pitch is, for a fee of $6000, they promise a "lifetime" of real estate consulting services by supposed "experts" in real estate. After they collect your non-refundable fee they proceed to hold a couple of "classes" full of fluff and non-information, accompanied by a workbook chock full of blank pages. They then proceed to try and sell you their own properties at a profit to themselves. If you don't buy a property in the first few weeks they tell you you're not trying hard enough and to take their two useless classes again. They also send emails offering you to join them at one of their weekend seminars on real estate investing for the bargain basement price of $2000 for the weekend. Pay in advance and save a whopping $100!!! One guy who used to work for them, Darren Kirkland, suddenly parted ways with them back in 2005, giving no explanation. Shortly thereafter, he foreclosed on all the properties he owned and had bought while working for them. This can be verified at pbcountyclerk.com by typing in his name in the official records search. This guy was a car salesman before he hooked up with these two.

These two also try and recruit all members to invest in their other ventures, including the "Coyote Ugly" chain of bars and the MLM scam Monavie. They have made millions off of innocent victims from these scams. I'm sure there are others, as they have lived in New Zealand as well. Google Onyx Coale Robert Addie Monavie, Real Estate Mastery and see what comes up. All their scams are done under the supposed auspice of their "desire to serve others". Riiiight.

In the picture posted, Onyx is the blonde with the horsey face and bad fashion sense and Robert is the Pillsbury Doughboy doppelganger on the far right next to her. Don't know who the other two are, possibly victims or co-conspirators, but they scare the crap out of me.

Recently, to make themselves look like legitimate "philanthropists", they donated a Palm Beach County home to Youth Crime Watch of America. This was probably paid for with their victims' money:

If anyone would like to join me in bringing fraud charges against these two, leave an email here and I will respond to you at that address, or just leave a message describing how you were scammed by these two.

Real Estate Mastery

Comments

• Th
      21st of Mar, 2009

Here is a lovely video of Onyx on Youtube talking about her Monavie scam:

And another of her and her husband collecting a $100K check for perpetuating the MLM scheme:

http://www.findinternettv.com/Video, item, 2775312592.aspx

21st of Mar, 2009

In the above post, the second link doesn't seem to bring you to the page for the video, but that page has a search bar, so you can just type in Onyx Coale and the video will come up. More to come...

• Bo
      25th of Mar, 2009

I have been following the scams of the Addie family. I would be interested in assisting in the pursuit of the Addies. As a lawyer, please let me know if I can help...bond1812@hotmail.com

25th of Mar, 2009

If you want to be really sick, watch this video:

Robert Addie is stuttering so much, guess it's hard to get through all those lies sometimes.

25th of Mar, 2009

Just found out the scary looking guy to the far left in the picture posted above is Phil Jones, a real estate scam artist who operated out of New Zealand for a while. You can google his name + real estate scam fraud and see what you get.

• Js
      29th of Mar, 2009

Currently involved with Addie, Any additional info.? Maybe trade war stories? jsw11101@yahoo.com.

30th of Mar, 2009

to jsw11101: You're currently involved with him and you want to share "war stories"??? All the info you need is right here. If you are indeed being truthful, then you're being scammed and you should GET OUT NOW. Darren Kirkland, a used car salesman who used to work the scam with them, foreclosed on each and every property he bought under Onyx and Rob's tutelage. Go to pbcountyclerk.com, click the "Official Records Listing" on the right hand side menu, then type in Kirkland Darren and see what comes up - all his foreclosures, including his primary residence.

These two scammers insist that Real Estate Mastery members use their own RE agents and appraisers, who give false appraisals, making one think a property is actually worth more than its true value. This is also a crime.

1st of Apr, 2009

How interesting..less than 24 hours ago, two people left comments about Onyx and Rob's real estate mastery scam on their Monavie Youtube video, but now they've been deleted...hmmmm:

5th of Apr, 2009

My wife & I joined R.E. Mastery in 2004. It was the best $ I ever
    spent. I received a lot of usefull information, and a network full of
    great business people. We are currently holding 5 rental properties
    purchased under REM mentorship. And, yes we were introduced to MonaVie
    by Rob & Onyx in 2006. We are now RETIRED from our jobs! Oh, by the
    way, did I mention I was a state law enforcement officer! If that's a
    scam I'll take another please!

Jon
    Retired LEO

Forgot to mention
    by Jon C. Posted Thu April 2, 2009 @ 9:50 PM

I think I forgot to mention, we are in our mid-30's. Retired because
    we attended one of the free seminars, (don't remember the dinner give
    away at the "crappy Chinese rest." but would have enjoyed a "free"
    dinner) took action, and listened to what we were taught. The market
    changed and you obviously got burnt, but I remember Rob & Onyx warning
    us of this before it happened.
    As far as MonaVie being a scam. I guess you havent read the Us Journal
    of Ag. & Food Chemisty lately. I also assume your not a sports fan or
    youd know its the Offical drink of the Boston Red Sox! i guess your
    just angry you never got involved. Or maybe you dont want to assosiate
    yourself with a Billion $ company???

Sorry
    by thetruthwillsetyoufree Posted Fri April 3, 2009 @ 7:20 PM

But I don't believe you. You sound frighteningly similar to all those
    Monavie groupies who go on anti-Monavie websites to talk up the
    overpriced juice. Or maybe you're Robert Addie or Onyx Coale?

Who wants the truth?
    by Jon C. Posted Sat April 4, 2009 @ 12:31 PM

I don't care what you believe. I do care about the false negativity
    you're spewing to the people looking at this site. So, here it is for
    those who care to know the truth. My name is Jon Conti Jr. I was a
    Fatality Investigator for the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation
    Commision. I worked out of the Miami office and my tenure was from 98'
    through 07'. Check it out for yourself.

You can say anything you want
    by thetruthwillsetyoufree Posted Sun April 5, 2009 @ 11:04 AM

There is no proof of what you say regarding your "success" in REM or
    Monavie. If these two things are so great you shouldn't be at all
    concerned with people who have negative things to say about them.
    They are opinions based on personal experiences, and they're starting
    to pop up all over the web. If I were Rob and Onyx I'd be more
    worried about having their people give falsely inflated appraisals on
    properties in order to get people to buy them and make a buck. That
    is a violation of the law. As I understand it Robert Addie doesn't
    even have a real estate license (although he claims to) and has
    several lawsuits pending against him as well. But that should be of
    no concern to you, right?

I've got better things to do
    by Jon C. Posted Sun April 5, 2009 @ 2:05 PM

If you were actually a REM member you would have known it was a
    mentorship. Rob and Onyx were not realtors or selling there personal
    stock of re. I attend the weekend seminars and am guessing u did not.
    They were full of information and insight. And, a real bargin as I
    have attended other seminars at a much higher price point with alot
    less information. These two people changed my life and we are grateful
    to know them. Lastly there is all kinds of proof as to our success in
    both areas if someone really wanted to look. Seeing as how you don't
    even have the balls to put your real name while spreading your
    "opinion, " which can not be backed up, I don't think I'll have a need
    to waste my time here with you anymore.

• Ev
      6th of Apr, 2009

Jon, you are full of ###.

• Ca
      6th of Apr, 2009

Oh great another paid Monavie schill, how original.

Jon, you have all the personality and charisma of a doorknob, with the video to prove it! Good luck with that you shlub:

• Cs
      15th of Apr, 2009

I am investigating a claim against Robert Addie. If you have any information please contact me at mpereira@csclawfirm.com.

Thank you.

• Da
      13th of Jun, 2009

Interesting reading in this forum. One guy or small group slams this Rob Addie and anohter steps up and expresses his postive experience. They slammer then turns from slamming this Rob guy to pound on Conti. The only observation I will make to the slammer is this. You must be one of the most miserable human beings on the planet since you display the need to pound on all of these people. I was not aware that charisma was a neccesary component to CHARACTER! Rob A may very well be as crooked as a dogs back leg but why the need to spew your venom on Jon for making his statement? You are simply an as___le and I doubt that ven your closest friend can handle hanging with you. Your Referee in the entertaining world of chickens pecking at each other!

• Dk
      29th of Nov, 2009

### you Danny L, or robert addie, or onyx or whoever the hell you really are, these scammers have destroyed thousands of lives, you ###.

• Ta
      31st of Mar, 2010

I took the REM course, it was very informative, gave me a lot of insight into the real estate market. As it happens I didn't have the time to begin investing in real estate at the time I took the course luckily since the market tanked shortly there after. I can definitely see how people who took the course when I did and then invested in real estate would probably have done very poorly but that seems to be a market issue and not anything directly related to the course materials being bad or anything. The course didn't teach you how to predict the future, it concentrated mainly on what types of financing were avaialable, what types of contracts could be used, how to tell if you were getting a good deal, how to negotiate a better deal, local resources for tax planning, accounting, legal advice, loans, etc. They were all very polite and professional and followed up for months after the course asking if they could help me get started and when I said I just didn't have time they weren't pushy at all they left me alone and said let them know if I ever needed help with anything. So anyway, I have nothing to gain or lose by sharing this story, take it or leave it, makes no difference to me. btw, I've never heard of Monovie or the restaurant thing in case anyone was wondering.

• Ki
      10th of Apr, 2010

I also took the course and never experienced any follow up by them. However, Onyx actually tried to unload a property she owned in Port St. Lucie by selling it to me at an inflated price. I politely declined and never heard from her again. I also recently learned that she and Rob have split up, and that they used to live in New Zealand, importing dog food - a business that went bankrupt. That's when they fled to the U.S. - so many creditors would LOVE to get ahold of these two.

It also seems the have a lien on some property now:

My advice is that if you even so much as hear the names of either of these two shysters, RUN, don't walk in the opposite direction!

But you know what I'd REALLY like to know? What is Onyx's REAL name??? I mean Onyx Coale? Seriously!! That is a pseudonym, and a HORRIBLE one at that!!!

• Ru
      10th of May, 2010

Don't trust any Boca scammers or advisors. Use a licensed insured Realtor. Yes I hear they now need bodyguards to go out in public or their supposed clients would love to run into them. Word has been out for a while. Maybe they scammed each other now heading for divorce court too. I'm for hire either way as a former pro fighter. There are true great deals out there from Boca's #1 Realtor and FL's leading company. WWW.Keyes.com/russ.greenberg

• 0 Votes

Robert Addie was found of Fraud in the US Virgin Islands. As for Onyx Coale she is a hard single working mom that works very hard for others and has a very giving heart. Its too bad Robert Addeie took advantage of so many people.

• Ic
      26th of Dec, 2011

Having spent time with Rob and Onyx in their home and around their children...I too found them to be full of it. I ran away from these two as fast as I could. I was introduced to them by one of their very best friends. This friend also tried to scam me out of money as he was nothing more than a free loader. I hope the law does catch up with them. Karma has a way of balancing things out! Please be careful if you have any contact with them or their friends. Appearances are deceiving!

4th of Dec, 2012

I am currently renting a property from Robert Addie, he owes the bank $700, 000 and is in the process of foreclosure. Nobody has been able to get a hold of him for the last 5 months and every tenant has now been threatened with a 3 day notice to pay outrageous fees and headaches or face eviction. I just found this information online and I am blown away. The property here is worth only $350, 000 so hes pocketing loans and demanding an average of $1300 in rent within 3 days from all 13+ tenants. If anybody can help, please let me know - it seems like this has been happening for a long time and karma is going to catch up with this [censored] sooner or later.