Razoreye Media Group / Scam and rip off!

1 1011-246 Stewart Green SwCalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 305-671-3165

I was trying to find a person. It told me a positive match was found. It cost 2.95 for 3 days. After 3 days if i don't cancel it would cost 39.95 amo. I entered my card info it said no match. so i called to cancel the recorded said to cancel email at cancel razoreye.com. When i did so it said ripoff.

Va

More Razoreye Media Group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ro
      4th of Mar, 2008

Unfortunately for me, I found out too late about this rip off. I have printed off information about this to take to my bank. I hope it helps me.

• Ru
      5th of Mar, 2008

They ripped me off too. I found out two charges too late. They will charge under razoreye and web-detective.

• Ga
      14th of Mar, 2008

how can they get away with stealing people's money? they belong in jail like all the other theafs!. liste on the web in Miami? while they are in Canada? No toll free or any number to call to cancel too...

• Be
      14th of Mar, 2008

please cancel my membership for the 3 day trail.

• Bu
      14th of Mar, 2008

It is so frustating trying to cancel this BS. The company gives you the run around. With the time constraints its near impossible to beat the clock.

• Sh
      31st of Mar, 2008

This site is a pure ripoff, on a general search they give you the impression that they have information on the person you are looking for. Then when you pay your money, they tell you the person is not found. I tried to call the toll free number and it directs you to a web site to cancel and then hangs up on you. There is not a live line or person you can talk to in order to cancel this mess. I canceled by this web site : www.web-decttive.com/cancel.aspx. but it is only a parcel cancellation, it will cancel the pro web detective only!! I am still working on the other part!!!

Hope this helps others..

• Tr
      15th of Apr, 2008

Hello, my name is Trey Berry and I did a google search too late and found all these reports of fraudlent activity of web detective pro! My problem is that I did it after i signed up and I have been trying to cancel ever since (4/10/08) it is now Tuesday (4/15/08) and I have not heard a word from the website! I havce repeatedly sent the cancelation email but so far no word! If you have any info on how to cancel or get in touch with them to cancel, Please let me know!

Trey.

• Tr
      15th of Apr, 2008

Hello, my name is Trey Berry and i have been trying to cancel my membership for several days now but so far no luck! PLease help Me!

Trey.

• Ke
      18th of Apr, 2008

Its so very easy to cancel your memberships, send an email to cancel@razoreye.com thats it, make sure you include your full name and the email you use to sign up with.

We have also found that our confirmation emails sometimes get caught up in spam filters and this is why people do not get their cancellation confirmations.

We answer each and every email/voice mail within 48 hours.

And all cancellations are handled by cancel reps that only do the cancellations, these are literally done the moment they are received.

• Je
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I have had the same problems as everyone else. As of this day i am involved with the police and the bbb to prosecute and shut down this business

5th of May, 2008

I signed up for the trial period March 21, 2008 ~ I was able to use it but none of it was useful ~ they just send you to other sites that "might" have the information that you are looking for but then you have to pay those web sites more money to use them~ so web-detective is more or less a yellow pages for sites that can really give you the info your looking for ~ with a little hard work on the net you can find those sites without web-detective.

so anyway ~ I canceled the trial membership within 2 days ~ sent them an email like they requested ~ I sent my cancel request to cancel@razoreye.com explaining my dissatisfaction with their product and I have a copy of that email ~ it was $4.90 for my trial ~ waste of my money ~

then three days ago ~on a FRIDAY !! May 2, 2008 I see a pending transaction for $38.83 from web-detective on my bank account! Of course it's the freaking weekend and I can't get a hold of anyone at web-detective. So I called the two numbers I could find on the site 305-671-3165 and 877-207-0626 ~ I could only leave a message on the 305- 671-3165 and it kept cutting my off ~ so I ended up leaving three messages explaining my complaint.

then I emailed support@razoreye.com and explained my complaint in detail.

then I went to the web site http://www.web-detective.com/cancel.aspx and canceled again.

So Sat I get a call from Shelby who says that she is from web-detective ~ she explains to me that my subscription to web-detective was canceled but there was a "checked box" on the site that I DID NOT "UNCHECK" for a "privacy chest" product to help me protect my identity so that was also included in my trial package but I would have to call a separate number to cancel that ... WTF???

first off If there was a box checked for that I would have unchecked it because I have no use for a identity theft protection product ! and second why would they make it so difficult to cancel everything all at once ?? ~ third maybe it was so freaking small I didn't see it ...

Shelby said that I was supposed to get some sort of package from them via snail mail but I never got anything ~ never used the privacy chest thing ~ never even knew I was subscribed to it ~ nothing until I saw that pending charge on my account ...

Shelby said there was no manager that I could talk to and that I just had to call 888-432-4378 which was the direct number to the privacy chest ~ she said they were the only ones that could help me with my complaint...

so I called 888-432-4378, I was on hold for 33 minutes before I spoke with Darwin ~ I explained my complaint to him and he said that all he could do was cancel my subscription to privacy chest so there wouldn't be anymore charges but he could not help me with the pending transaction. He also said there was no manager that I could speak with but I could call 877-769-9323 and ask for help with the pending transaction. ... WTF ????

so then I called 877-769-9323, I was on hold for 28 minutes before I spoke with Jesse. He informed me that the only thing he could do was write a help ticket for me and submit it to the billing dept... which would get back to me via phone or email within 48 hours... he could not give me a confirmation number ~ he could not give me means to contact the billing debt directly ~ he said that his manager Maria wasn't even there ~ and wouldn't be in for a few hours but of course she would tell me the same thing he had already ~ that there was nothing else they could do to help me ~

so this freaking charge in going to go through my account tonight ~ I didn't authorize it ~ I didn't want it ~ I didn't use the product privacy chest ~ I never received any type of information that I was subscribed to it ~ I didn't even know I was subscribed to it and I can't get a hold of anyone in this company to help me get my money back ~

these people suck

5th of May, 2008

Christine, your message sounds like what happened to me this weekend. The reason they do this on the weekend is so you can't reach them until after the transaction posts. I just finished trying to call them (877-207-0626) for over an hour. Their IVR hangs up after 10 minutes on hold. Of course once 7pm arrives they're closed. I have reported this company to the BBB, Virginia Attorney General and the US Attorney General. I also had to close my debit card account because of this ripoff company and their fraudulent charges. Not only did my bank reverse the two charges, they are investigating this company for fraud. At least I won't have anymore charges from these crooks.

5th of May, 2008

BTW Kelly, or whoever you are with Razoreye Media Group, your explanation about cancellation emails doesn't hold water. Why would I get an email stating they're charging my credit card $38 but not get a cancellation confirmation. Both emails go through the same spam filter. Also, I sent Razoreye Media Group an email for each time the IVR hung up on me after 10 minutes on hold. You now have at LEAST 7 emails from me.

5th of May, 2008

Also Kelly Smith of Orcutt CA, tell Jessica Phillips of Miami, FL her reply on /link removed/ is as lame as yours is there and here. If your company is as legitimate as she claims why all the same complaints? You won't be blaming my bank like you did Capital One. My bank's fraud investigation unit cancelled my debit card and will be contacting you shortly. Sure, having to get another debit card is a pain but it's worth it not having to deal with your company anymore. As soon as the BBB, Virginia Attorney General and US Attorney General contact your company you'll hear from me again. I for one will not let this be forgotten. Your company's business practices will be all over my blog page as well as every complain BB on the 'net.

5th of May, 2008

Kelly, your company already has a negative rating with the BBB. It seems your company is involved in a lot of scams acroos the web with numerous complaints. I'll be posting this information on myspace blog as well. It's now my #1 priority to close your business down. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=29256

6th of May, 2008

Tried for another two hours to get through today starting at 8:01am but piss poor experience as yesterday. IVR disconnected after 10 minutes of hold. We should get these wastes named Kelly Smith and Jessica Phillips to answer phones with the rest of the RazorEye losers.

6th of May, 2008

BTW Kelly, you and Jessica claim emails are answered within 48 hours. Well, as far as I'm concerned you both are liars. I've sent you dozens of emails over the past four days and not a single email has been answered. I just sent 8 more for each time your IVR disconnected me this morning.

• Mi
      8th of May, 2008

This company is such is scam. I completely agree with everything above since the same exact thing is happening to me.

On 4/3/08 i signed up for a 3 day trial period for $2.95. They lead me to believe that a record was found. i submitted my credit card info to continue my search. Then when i had to select the state of my search all the states of the US were listed EXCEPT my state, so therefor this was useless to me. Within 5 minutes i canceled this membership and recieved an email stating my membership WAS CANCELED.

Now a month later 5/5/08 i have for $38.83 on my credit card. I called them and was told this charge was for a privacy chest which was a seperate subscription. I told them i did not sign up for this, that this is fraud and theft. They told me that the privacy chest was a box that is checked off my them and if i did not want it i would have needed to to "uncheck" the box. I DID NOT SEE ANY PRIVACY CHEST ON THIS WEBSITE.

I told them i did not want this and to cancel it and they supposingly did but my card was still charged.

Now i am batteling back and forth between phone calls and emails and not getting any help.

I also spoke to a Jesse Mc and told me no managers are in the building and all he can do is submit a ticket to the helpdesk. When i asked for a phone # for that dept... i was of course told there isnt one. I asked Jesse what the email address is for the helpdesk and guess what he told me. SUPPORT@RAZOREYE.COM... The same email address i have been writting to for days and not getting any responses to when he told me the respond within 48 hrs.

This company is a crock.

I have reported them to the Canadian Better Business Bureau at:
    complaints@calgary.bbb.org ( this is the email address )

The Canadian BBB website is:

I also filed a complaint on this page:
    /link removed/

I wish all of you the best of luck getting your money refunded and I will continue my fight against Razoreye Media Group - Web dectective Pro

P.S When you call them at 1-877-207-0626 the line will play music and cut of at 10 minutes. DONT HANG UP. You were not disconnected. Eventually someone will answer. Just the music stops to make you thing the call was disconnected

10th of May, 2008

I have proof that Kelly and Jessica are liars. I finally got an email from Razoreye 6 days, not 48 hours, after I sent mine. The email is copied below. I have forwarded it to the BBB, Virginia Attorney General, and US Attorney General.

Razoreeye Media Group Help Desk - Issue Has Been Updated

Hello, and thank you for contacting the Razoreye Media Group Help Desk.

One of our support agents has updated the following issue, with the answer shown below.

RE: Payment Receipt: 294736 Confirmation from web-detective.com

Our Answer

5/9/2008 2:25:27 PM

Thank you for contacting the Razoreye Media Group.

At the time you made your Web D Pro purchase you also opted in for a trial subscription to The Privacy Chest which includes a monthly newsletter devoted to education and prevention around identity theft, as well as a proactive identity theft protection service. The Privacy Chest and Web Detective Pro are two completely separate products.

The Privacy Chest was delivered via first class mail to the address you provided at the time of purchase. On that issue were clear instructions to cancel The Privacy Chest if you wished to do so.

As indicated in the newsletter and the greeting message, you had the option to cancel your Privacy Chest subscription at any time by calling our toll-free number where live operators would have been happy to process your request.

The Privacy Chest membership was not cancelled and therefore these charges are non-refundable but we have removed your subscription from the recurring billing feature so no further monthly charges will be placed.

We are truly sorry to hear you have not found our product to be useful for your purposes, any feedback you may have that would allow us to improve our product for future clients would be greatly appreciated!

Should you wish to remove your email address from our database please visit:

http://support.razoreye.com/ and use the link provided.

Thank you. Should you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Shelby Mitchell

• Pe
      14th of May, 2008

below is contacts for everyone to complain to. These are the technical administrators to the website and it is registered in Canada...

Registrant:
    WaveThink Inc.
    Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: RAZOREYE.COM