Quick Cash Net / phone call about money owed

At 9:55am this morning I received a phone call from an unknown number. The person said their name was Daniel Brown and that they were calling from cybercrime unit law firm about a legal case pending against me. He asked me to hold for someone that would explain what the case was about. I hung up. They called back and left me a voicemail with the number [protected] saying that I need to call back quickly or else someone would show up to take me to the courthouse and if found guilty I would have to pay $5000 and my social would be blacklisted and my job notified of my crime. I called the number back and spoke with some guy named Jimmy Macdell. He first told me that this was supposed to be carried out in the courthouse on Monday morning and asked if I had been notified of it. When I said no, he began to read me an affidavit stating who it was and what the charges were. He was going so fast that I asked him to slow down. Once I did that he got an attitude with me. Then he proceeded to tell me that it is my fault that I know nothing of what he is talking about. When he said that I asked to speak to someone else b/c I didn't appreciate how he was speaking to me. He said that he didn't appreciate how I was speaking to him. I stated that I only asked to speak to someone else and that he has nothing to complain about. He asks me if I am aware that he is Jimmy Macdell and he is the supervisor at cybercrime unit law firm. I told him that he didn't state that he was a supervisor before. His response was "Well now you know." Then he continues to say that it's my fault and that it was my intention to take the money and run. I said that it wasn't b/c I have never heard of this loan company before. Then he actually yells at me to tell him what the reason was for it. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not about to sit on the phone while someone yells at me about some crap I don't even know about.

When I hung up I went to google and typed in quick cash net and this site popped up. It's amazing how far scammers go.

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Oct, 2010

Yes! The same thing just happened to me!!! I called the social security department and they sait to ignore it. What can we do to get these people??

• Do
      24th of May, 2011

i was just contacted by the people doing this and was told that investigators would pick me up tomorrow. i did apply for a loan but never recieved it. thank you for the info.