Purity Products / Free Trial not so Free

1 United States

Purity Products advertised a Free Trial of one of their products for joint pain on my local radio station - all you pay is shipping. I called to order it and specifically asked what the total amount my credit card would be charged was - 9.95 - I asked this a couple of times. When the product came there were 5 tubes in the box not just the free trial. The bill was for 9.95 plus a rush shipping charge I did not ask for so the total was 14.95. Then I find that the they have set me up on an auto ship for these things and they are something like 50 dollars each. Mind you they have already sent several extra in this first box with the free trial. When I finally track down someone to speak with I am told that they do not offer free trials only risk free trials and I am mistaken - that I must have asked for the rush shipping or they would not have sent it that way and that I need to send the product back with some convoluted but very specific shipping requirments in orded to not be charged the $150.00 and to end the auto shipping of more product. I am out 14.95 plus the money to send it all back and it is my fault not theirs - right.

I have heard the commercial several times since and it does, in fact, say Free Trail and not Risk Free Trial as the company rep claimed. Either way this company is not on the level and should be hit with some sort of fines for flase advertising.