Prudential Life Insurance / Policy Cancelled due to admin error

Jul 30, 2015
Prudential Lfe Insurance
In May 2015 a payment on one of the 2 life insurance policies that I own with Hartford did not go through due to non sufficient funds at that day. On May 22, 2015 what I found out, I called and ask if they need a payment from another account or resubmit to the existing account as the funds are available. I was told to send a ACH form by fax with the account information again and that is sufficient, so I did.

In June I realized that the payment has not been deducted from the account yet. So I called and inquired. I was told that the routing number is not going through. I informed them that the routing number is the same as before and the is the same as in the other policy which has been paying each month with no problem. The agent said, they will send this to research and will get back to me within 2 week. I asked if I should make any payment manually now and was told there is no need until they finalize the research on the routing number.

On July 6, 2015 I called to follow up. the agent told me that the research was not completed yet. I got a bit nervous so I insisted on giving her payment immediately from another bank account until the research is complete. She gave me the amount due to bring the balance current and avoid the lapse in the policy. The payment was made by phone and a confirmation number was given to me.
By July 30, 2015 the payment made by phone had not cleared my account yet, so i called to inquire again. The agent told me that the policy lapsed on July 3 rd and that they are not able to re-instate it and I have to do a new underwriting! I have been paying on this policy for 9 years. Of course they want to get a new underwriting to get a higher premium. Very unethical business practice and sad to see a company with such a long history is now run by gangs who work hard on finding out how to trick you into paying more and take very lightly the seriousness of such a practice to customers who put their trust in them.

I am looking into my legal options. Please contact me if you have similar experience.