Protect America Inc. (Round Rock, Texas) / Service is horrible

Our experience with this company has been horrible and I wish I would have found out they have over 700 unresolved complaints with the BBB Texas before I did business with them. Thinking that they were a large reputable company who sell GE alarms, I thought they were okay. I might ad they use high pressure sales pitches and before you know it, you've agreed to a contract.

Protect America misrepresented the product and has not offered a solution for ongoing system problems. System does not work properly in home, interferes with other equipment (telephones), contacts have glued backing which does not hold on windows, doors, etc. (several have fallen off). Their solution was to screw contacts to window, but I have vinyl windows, so that will not work.

The salesperson misquoted monitoring fee for package (for Silver package $29.95 monthly) and the next person I spoke with told me it was $34.95 mo.. When I said never mind, they got a supervisor to agree to a price adjustment on the equipment to offset monthly monitoring increase, but credit was never given. They still charged the full price for the equipment $168.90 and $34.95 monthly.

The original salesperson is no longer with the company and on several occasions, I called and several people took messages, but no one will ever call us back. They have just left us hanging with a system that is ineffective.

When I check on the BBB website, it basically says you are bound to the 36 month contract since you signed it. They don't care if the company is selling lousy products and I'm surprised that GE is not getting any repercussions. Hey, I think I will file a complaint with them too!

A  28th of Nov, 2006 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I totally agree. I just had the unpleasant experience to trying to cancel after two years and two months of (service?), the last year it wasn't even turned on. I also had to use hot melt glue to reattach the contacts.
I am wondering if there has been anymore resolvent to the contract issues yet.
A  22nd of Jul, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This company is a total scam, and when you complain over their lack of performance to the contract they report you to collections. Only thing I suggest is to pay these extorionist if you value your credit. These statements are my personal opinion.. These guys are ### and you really should think twice before doing business with them.
A  28th of Oct, 2009 by
More complaints here ...

/URL removed/

/URL removed/

make sure you read page two also

1039 complaints filed against business at the Better Business Bureau

Here is a link for feedback that supposedly goes straight to the CEO!

Here is the link for your state licensing information ... contact them too!

Don't forget to file complaints by email and you can copy paste everything. It makes it easier on you. If you signed up online file with

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

The BBB only takes complaints and makes recommendations. Complaints need to be made with the Attorney General and the IC3; the Governor ... whoever ...just copy and paste ... send it everywhere ... if you see someone recommending them; send this list of complaints! Let them know that there is way too many complaints; and over 1000 at the BBB stands for something. The BBB has started taking and logging complaints even on businesses that aren't members; so it is a good place to check.
A  12th of Jan, 2010 by
Ahhh...should have found this post before i dealt with them.

This is what happen last one week.
Just had installed (Jan6th, 2010) and went vacation right after. My neighbor called (Jan8th), not Protect Amercial nor police, there is alarm sounds in my house. Called PA Monitoring center couldn't find my record so after I've been trying 30min, i could get in touch with service center. After speaking to rep, Simple they weren't sure it's actual break-in or bad motion sensor fault. There was nothing they could do remotely, equipment was really poor. It's past 1 hr 30min after I end phone conversation with them. Was just horrible experience, again i was on vacation.

Two days later (Jan10th night) came back home and I found actually there was break-in, my window was fully opened. So called service rep asked about why just alarm, no police no calls. Told me reason no one called due to i had familialization period but i denied when i contracted. I was just so upset and they explain there is re-stocking fee of $80 also.
What can be worse than this.

People just stay away from them. Protect America doesn't do nothing but fooling with GE branded equipment.

Protect America Logo Protect America