Protect America / No cancellation allowed!

Protect America
I would like to let people know that in August of 2004, on a personal referral, I signed a contract for a security system by Protect America. I was charged 36.00 a month for a 2 year contract. I had nothing but problems with the stick on magnets on the windows... I often found the parts on the floor where the adhesive had simply disintegrated... when I called to complain that the system interfered with my telephone system and that the stick on 2" bars were falling off all over the place, it was suggested I screw them in place. I did not want to screw anything in to the brand new vinyl windows I had installed.

Every time I called this company, the person I last spoke with, no longer was employed by the company... hhmmmm... I wonder why???...

Anyway, to cut a long story short... I sold my house this year and have been trying to cancel the service, seeing that I no longer own the home. Today I was informed that I would have to give 60 days notice to cancel. I told them that 30 days should be adequate. They also informed me that my 2 year contract was automatically renewed for another year in August 2006.

I can see a lawsuit in the future, with this company. If you have had problems with this company with regard your contract, please contact me. I would like to band together to stop this company from taking advantage of people. They will keep on doing this type of business unless someone stands up... and attempts to stop them...

A  21st of Dec, 2006 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Protect America is the work of SATAN!!!!! How dare those ###, we must band together and become one mind one entity so that we may defeat the hose beast the anti-Christ.....thank you come again.
A  29th of Nov, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Ripped me off also but I'm still working on getting them back said to return motion sensor for credit and after they received they are refusing to credit my mastercard but I have disputed the charged since I have not paid them yet and I have the post office receipts where I returned their product.
A  26th of Apr, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
On October 30th, 2004, Abraham Stallins, a PA representative misled me into believing that I could purchase a Protect America alarm system without a phone line. I did not have one and did not want one, because I felt that a cell phone was sufficient. Unfortunately, after I signed, I was told that a phone line was necessary, so instead of paying $30 dollars a month, I have been paying an additional $40 dollars a month. Well, I waited for the three years to be over so I can cancel my service, and the PA representatives are telling me I had to cancel 60 days before the 36-month contract agreement. Although the agreement states that it will be renewed, it does not state that I am obligated to pay for another year. I also want out of this unethical company.
A  28th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My system doesn't work EVER! It fails all of the time, and when they state they will have someone call to fix the "under warranty" system, they never do. They couldn't even get their payment system worked out!! They wouldn't take credit cards because of some kind of transition, then they wanted an automatic draft ... I told them no way ...not unless they fixed everything ... Now I just tell them no way! They had their chance!

I had someone tell me I could get out of the contract and now they are saying that I can't; the flip back and forth; and have no clue what is going on!

So I faxed and emailed them the same information that I am not paying for DEFECTIVE equipment, and a system that is not being monitored!

Everyone needs to file a complaint here if they contacted these people online!

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

ps. I have already sent in TWO cancellations!! And they are still ignoring them. It is going to take more than that to stop these thieves!

Protect America Logo Protect America