Prosper LearningFRAUDULENT SALES TACTICS

1 Review updated:

10/27/08

Attention Devin Willis:

I am writing you in regards to the home study course I was sold back in February of 2008 by Joe Ferrazzano. The course is Prosper Learning Center’s, Ecommerce Success System.
When the system was explained to me by Mr. Ferrazzano, I had explained to him that I did not have much time to work each week due to my full time job and I also had no computer experience. Following this statement I was assured that I would need no computer experience and only ten to fifteen hours a week to work the course successfully.

I feel that the course was not properly presented to me in the fact that when I had started my coaching sessions I had to come up with a niche business concept. I have done custom boat canvas for the last 22 years and know nothing about anything else! Now by the time a student finds this out, they are already fully committed to the cost of the course as the three day grace period to cancel is long gone! This eventually led to having to be a blogger, which I have never been any good at writing nor have enough knowledge in any one subject to write about. Again, could have used this information up front! I was given the php list program by my coach, when I asked if I had troubles learning it if I would be able to turn to the success center for help, I was told that they don’t know that program. Having to figure out computer programs given to me by my coach, out on my own, was not part of the deal. I have spent up to fifteen hours in a week just trying to understand and have not begun to understand how to use it or what it does. Not to mention reading site html codes.

I would spend 7or 8 hours developing my front pages and another 3 or 4 hours trying to add a submit form to them given to me by my coach, in a format that would not plug into the pages html. I then had to put all the front pages in another format with a whole different submit form. What a waste of time and 2 coaching sessions!

At times I had my brother in law, who is a programmer for Comcast cable, over trying to help me and he agrees that I should have had been told I needed computer experience. The President of our local little league, who is the nation wide programmer for Bank of America, agrees that I should have been told I need computer experience.

I really did try to work the course and was excited to start it, I’m sure my coach would back that up. That quickly led to processes am not capable of understanding, which has led to depression and frustration.

If ANY of this was explained to me by Mr. Ferrazzano I would never have even thought about a contract for $100.00 let alone close to $8, 000.00. As I understand this is a Robert Allen course, and it is my opinion that it should have been explained in its entirety, meaning that all aspects should be given at the time sale so people can make a rational decision based on their skills. Especially when someone like me was trying to express that they might have trouble trying to understand certain things that the course might involve. With Robert Allen’s reputation I would expect a little more than a lack of information.
If I am the only one who was deceived by this type of sales tactic, maybe I deserve to have to pay the money for the course, but I have a feeling that I am not the only one who has had this problem.

In light of this information I am asking to be relieved of my financial obligation as I was told by Mr. Ferrazzano there was a money back guarantee. I am willing to ship all materials sent to me back to the proper address. I also need to know how I can go about getting the refund processed.

Now I believe that I have the right and obligation to tell my story as it has happened, without deception, exaggeration, or slander to Prosper Inc., to any media or public forum. People should be warned that this type of sales tactic is being used and they are not receiving enough information to make a rational or INFORMED decision when dealing with the Prosper learning center’s sales personnel. This might even be a good subject and story to learn to blog with. I do not want to have to go to such lengths, but will if pushed!

If I remember correctly my sales conversation with Mr. Ferrazzano was being recorded for quality control. I am requesting a copy of that recording for my records. I would hope that if you are sincerely trying to be of better service to your students as the article in rip-off claims this request should be no problem.

Comments

• De
      Mar 13, 2009

Unfortunately I have a similar story with similar results.

I have posted my testimony at http://www.prosperlearningscam.info

If you would like your story posted there too, please contact me.

Best wishes,
    Dean.

• Ev
      Apr 08, 2019

@Dean we too, were sold a bill of goods. They would not refund over $8000.00 until we wrote to the attorney general. It was a nightmare dealing with this company. This was is 2007. I wonder how this company is still in business. The coaching was poor,

• Rj
      Mar 21, 2009

Dean,

I was scammed 9 grand by this outfit from Utah, Prosper Learning in 2006. I was delusional into agreeing with a sales character of theirs, Bob Black, that they (Prosper)
    Would work with me until I earned all my money back and yes, he didn’t mention the 3 day grace period. I did use the financial saving and pay-debts package with a good coach but even that isn’t worth $3, 000. Here’s the best part; when I had an internet business coach, he suggested I make up my own sales pitch for my web-site that my internet coach
    worked with me through coaching sessions. I was charged 1 week’s coaching when they said I missed a session even though I did call ahead of time that I wasn’t available.
    When I questioned about getting a refund, they said no. I went to the BBB, my state attorney general’s office which an agent contacted Prosper on my behalf and was unsuccessful, then I went to the U.S. Attorney General’s office in Philadelphia and they said for me to contact the Utah State Attorney general’s office but I got no where with anybody. Devon Willis threatened me with termination of all my benefits over the phone (THIS IS ALL TRUE) unless I drop the Better Business Bureau complaint. So I did drop it because I figured nobody listened to me and I might as well use their services at a later time as I was taking online Graphic Design courses back then (2006). Two years later (August, 2008) I contact Prosper to resume the internet coaching and again I was told to add blogs to my web site (which I paid separately out of my pocket an extra $150 for a service provider, gee, with the $9, 000 Prosper ripped me off, you’d think they would provide that free or pay for it with all the money they got from me.

I read this and other bloggers about this outfit about other people, maybe a large number being ripped off and financially messed up like I am having to pay $200 a month for 4 years to my credit card FOR NOTHING!!. My credit card company didn’t help me out as well so I’m screwed paying on this for nothing in return. Nothing for income, or a successful website with a warehouse of products provided or a free ISP, NOTHING but worthless coaching that isn’t worth 9 grand.

Something has to be done about this like a class action lawsuit before the U.S. Supreme court (Proper’s hiding within their sanctuary called the state of Utah). Contract or no contract, I was misled and really lied to about was I was getting and what I really got back in return for my money. This is a deceiving sales pitch practiced by this company.
    I wasn’t informed straight up about what I was getting and I’m not positively sure that I got their email they sent me after the transaction was approved by me and my credit card.

I still want something done. I shouldn’t be paying $200 a month for 4 years for nothing when I could have bought a car, paid some other bill off or invested that money. Isn’t there a class action suit in the works? I’ll sign my name to it and through blogs like this, national newspaper ads and the mass media, pass the word on so the many others stung by these scammers can sign on. I bet the list would be a long one.

JC

• Da
      Mar 27, 2009

Hi
    I got scamed just like everyone else. This was back in 2006 like so many people I have read about. I maxed out $6000 on my credit cards and learned nothing in the process. I don't think there are any options for us but wanted to share my thoughts with you. There are so many of us out there and thought about a class action lawsuit or something along those lines. I dont know how many people contact you but would love to try and do something. I didnt realize this was a scam until my coaching was all done and left me with no knowledge or next steps to take. Any ideas?? I still cant believe people sign up for their courses with all the info on the internet. LISTEN TO US PEOPLE...STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ANYTHING HAVEING TO DO WITH PROSPER. Its sounds too good to be true and is to good to be true. I wish I could get my credit back to where I was before I maxed out my credit cards for these ### :(

• Vi
      May 13, 2009

I have had exect experiences as you all in 2007. I have posted my complain with many of others on the web site but soon Prosper Learning managed to wipe out the site.
    Please contact me if you would like to have a law suit on this scam.
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ne
      Jul 09, 2009

Charles here. I signed up with Prosper learning a little over a year ago. I was contacted the first time by my "Coach". We set up our time for the live coaching for Thurs. Mornings. The first week that was to be live I get an e-mail stating that the "Coach" is going to be out of town, he has to go meet the Dean of a Law School he was accepted at.Asked to change time or just do it the next scheduled time.I said that our time next week would be fine.

The next week, get an e-mail stating the "Coach" would be out of town once again as his Grandfather was passing away.Suggested just to pick up the following week.I said ok.

The next week I am waiting for his call at our scheduled meeting time because I had not received a cancellation. He didn't call so after a while I had to go to my jobsite. Later that evening, I checked my e-mail and had received one from the "Coach" stating that he I was his first appointment after returning from out of town and when he arrived at the office that morning he found they had changed the locks on the offices and he could not get into the building.

That was about enough for me. I had paid for live "Coaching", "Mentoring", etc.

Have had correspondence with them by e-mail. To make a long story a little shorter, was basically told that they had coaching sessions on the web-site and they considered that to be fulfillment of their obligation.

I purchased this through Shawn Casey and his Mining For Gold company. I have re-sent both them e-mails this morning. Will see where I can get with this. I want all my money returned to me. BTW, this little episode cost me $6900.00. Anyone that would like to contact me regarding Prosper please feel free: [protected]@yahoo.com

Aug 04, 2009

I strongly agree with what everyone has to say. I was coerced into joining Prosper Learning with a financed amount of $8000.00. I have done everything they said and more, but find that I cannot make the payments and have decided to not pay due the practicing procedures of this company.

If any of you have any advice on how to proceed, please contac me at [protected]@tm.net

• Pc
      Aug 11, 2009

I have the exact same testimony. I agree about a class action lawsuit. I was scammed out of $9000 dollars. I am computer literate and I did this full time. They gave me wrong information on numerous occassion and I actually taught some of the reps things they had no knowledge of. I could go on and on but I am too disgusted. If someone wants to proceed with the lawsuit contact me at [protected]@adelphia.net. I would be more than happy to share my story.

• Du
      Sep 27, 2009

How the scam works:

Prosper obtains contracts from various vendors (Real Estate Investing, E-Commerce, Stock Market Investing, Entrepreneurship & Personal Finance) for the right to sell their educational products. They also let the vendors know that they will be contacting buyers and present them with their own coaching program.

After you purchase the vendors information, Prosper contacts you, not as Prosper Learning, but as that vendor's success team. They then state that they are looking for a few select motivated individuals to obtain success stories. The wording is stated in such a way that it infers that the program will be free.

When you talk to them, they will constantly refer back to the vendor and implying that they will coach you on the methods you have just purchased.

If you are impressed with the vendors information, it is a simple matter of just continuing to let you know that they are an educational provider for that vendor. That infers that they will be teaching you that program.

At this point, your guard is down. The promises are made and the transaction takes place.

After agreeing to thousands of dollars and going through the so-called mentoring program, you find out that it did not even cover one-tenth of the information contained in the vendor's product that probably cost less than $100.

The coaches/mentors are merely trainers that stick to the pitiful training manual supplied to you and will not go off topic. They are only interested in how well you understood the basic information that comes from the training manual.
    They will not give you any advice or review any of your work.

This type of sales tactic is fraudulent and is covered under Section 5 of the FTC Act – "Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices". The FTC's legal branch has the authority to rescind a contract.

We will all need to file a complaint for the FTC to take action. Please pass this information on to as many websites as possible.

Sep 30, 2009

I agree with all that is stated above. Stay away from any "internet" mentoring courses. You are promised all sorts of things (I kept very good notes during the sales call) and then NONE of it really comes true. Some of the courses are okay but the mentoring is pretty poor. I was not given a mentor for 3 months. Then I wrote a complaint letter to the company and I was given some wet behind the ears new high school grad that had NO internet experience. All she could do was advise me to do lessons 1, 2 and 3 and "everything would work out".

The webinars/seminars were so overblown that I got sucked into doing eBay - after all they talked about people who go to garage sales and make $2, 000-$4, 000 a month! Okay, so I'm a sucker, I admit it. However, at this time in my life I really want a non corporate way to make a living so I was grasping for anything and everything. After several months I realized the ebay information was really lacking and I read books from the library.

The good thing is the tax deduction for education - although $2, 000 was more than I should have paid. My original justification was based on the cost of a personal coach - they are very expensive. So I thought this would be like the WalMart version of coaching. Unfortunately it was more like "Salvation Army" mentoring.
    Stay away from Prosper or any other internet coaching company. They are all scams.

Sep 30, 2009

Wow! I feel fortunate to only be out about $2, 500 - where you all told there was a guarantee that you would make $3, 000 or...money back/more 1:1 mentoring?
    I agree that the "mentors" are a complete joke - think about it - if you really DO have a money making internet business, what would you be doing being a mentor at Prosper? The reason I was given is that the mentors "want to give back" yeah, right! These are just employees trying to learn as they go. I knew more about some things than the "mentor" assigned to me (who stayed at the company only about 2 months).
    I don't know how to do a class action lawsuit, but I have an attorney on retainer so may ask them about it.
    my email is [protected]@gmail.com if anyone wants to contact me.

• Lj
      Oct 19, 2009

PROSPER LEARNING SCAM

You are most likely reading this because you have:

1. Been approached by Prosper Learning
    2. Ran across it searching the web
    3. Just signed up and learned the name of Prosper Learning
    4. You’ve been burned by Prosper Learning

It’s a real shame that Prosper Learning doesn’t read some of the educational material that they are selling. But I guess they’re too busy scamming people using a bait and switch approach to obtain your hard earned money and credit. They spend a majority of their efforts conning people into sign binding contracts and then work hard at not giving any money back. Successful and honest businesses don’t need to do this!!!

You are basically paying for someone to read a book to you and using a net meeting type of website to show you how to click through the websites contained in the book. If you already know or have experience in the subject matter, you won’t learn much and the coaching or mentoring is non-existent. If you are new to the subject, I won’t recommend it if it were free because you will be lead in the wrong direction and have the chance to lose more money.

By the way, their 100% satisfaction guarantee is to give you another coach to read the book to you again – don’t expect anything new.
    =============================
    **If you ran across this or were contacted by them, go elsewhere or you risk wasting a year or more of your life on a program that doesn’t deliver.

**If you just signed up cancel immediately and do some further research, you can always go back if you’re still interested.

E-Commerce:
    The following website does an 8 week comparison of Prosper Learning and Wealthy Affiliates

E-Bay:
    E-bay already has an educational learning center

Stock Market:
    Not sure if this site is good or not, but they tell you what you get and you pay by month.

Link to the PowerPoint Presentation (I could only get it to work with Safari)
    =============================

If you are unfortunate to have already signed up for this, you have the option of paying this off or trying to fight it. If you are signed up through HSBC, just be aware that they are probably the worst credit card company to deal with based on the internet complaints. I got more sympathy from the credit collections department than the customer service department, it’s almost as though they’re 2 different companies.

If you do decide to fight it, whether as a matter of principle or because of your economic situation (take notes on everything):

1. Save a copy of the original contact email

2. Contact the owner of the original purchase you made to see what relationship they have with Prosper Learning and if they authorized Prosper Learning to use their name in an effort to infer that they would coach based on the information from their ebook.

3. Dispute the credit card charges based on seller failed to deliver the goods as promised – Prosper Learning will probably contact you on the 1st dispute and maintain contact while they file the necessary paperwork with the Finance Company.

4. Prepare the paperwork and documentation to re-initiate the dispute – you will have about 30 days from the first dispute. Depending on what kind of proof that you obtain, you may want to request a chargeback for the amount you have already paid.

5. Once the 1st dispute is removed, reinitiate the dispute again with all of the documentation.

Date:
    Purpose of Dispute:
    I am requesting that all charges be reversed (chargeback) including all late fees and interest charges and that if my credit suffered due to any of this, that it be cleared up.
    Nature of Dispute:
    Quality of goods and services or Right to withhold payment
    Other:
    This was a service contract, therefore “a copy of the credit slip or a copy of the UPS tracking slip and/or tracking #, DHL, Airborne, FedEx, or a postal receipt” is not applicable

6. If you have HSBC you can fax the documentation to [protected] Attention Dispute

7. During the 2nd dispute, HBC will probably turn this over to their collections department. If you get called while in the dispute process, make a note of it and let them know that it is in dispute – expect this call at least once a month.

8. Eventually you may end up in court with HSBC

9. To keep up you’re your spirits and help you from getting overly depressed during this frustrating period:

Good Luck

Nov 24, 2009

Hi there,
    I too got scammed. The coach made me spend more money after i made the contract.
    I still owe them 2000 dollars? Can I cancel my credit Card? Will they come after me? I am from Canada.

James

• Ku
      Nov 25, 2009

I also got coarsed into Prosper coaching by visit Stephen Pierce Website. Jerry Gard enrolled me by making me choose 6500 dollars package. Kirk Jensen was the coach. There are so many other cheaper courses and much better than Prosper coaching. These ### twist the contract such a way that they give only 3 days in writing by POST! Not even fax or email. Sons of ###. I felt like crying after i completed the 4 30 min sessions.
    I wanted to go into affiliate marketing but the stupid Kirk Jensen made me work on dropshipping. He made me click here and there. He simply wanted to complete quickly and walk away.
    DO NOT TRUST ANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO CALL AND SAY U HAVE TO INVEST $2000-$14000 for a website.
    THEY DONT TEACH ANYTHING.

• Tk
      Dec 01, 2009

We were also scammed by Prosper. We currently owe $10, 000 and we got nothing in return. There needs to be a class action law suit against Prosper. We would be happy to share our story. Our email address is: [protected]@juno.com

• De
      Dec 04, 2009

Wow, I was amazed to see any kind of complaint about Prosper Mentoring. I only had 500 dollars to my name, and they loaned me the other 4, 000 to start my business. I'm not sure why the comments above state that they just take your money...they gave me THEIR money to begin. I made 400 bucks my first week on Craigslist, and then I have averaged 2, 000 a month ever since. Granted, I won't be a millionaire in 12 months, but I can gurantee that i will get there within the next 2-3 years. I build on my profits every month. I have LOVED talking with the coaches. They have spent hours with me, and this is all based on the fact that I knew very little about the internet. Prosper saved me financially, and saved my marriage. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

• Kl
      Jan 04, 2010

I am part of this great scam as well. Prosper Learning was the straw that broke the camel's back of being on the edge of hanging in there from financial distress or go for bankruptcy.

Due to Proper Learning and the error's they made with my payments to get the money, the overcharged by credit card and put me past my limits. This cause a chain reaction of events and charges that put my past my limits of being able to pull out of the financial mess.

Now I still owe them money and am getting harrassed by Monterey Financial, the finance arm to Prosper Learning. WOW!!! Watch out for these guys...they are down right evil on harrassment. I am currently trying to get a lawsuit on Monterey Financial for harrassment. They have called and made some really NASTY threats to me if I didn't pay. Crazy what tactics they go to...bottom line CROOKS!!!

Don't pay them if you owe them money!! I am forced to claim bankruptcy due to them and they are going to be part of that...at least I only lost $3200 and not $6500.

please email me if any class action law suit arises, I am more than happy to contribute: [protected]@klh1.com

• Ju
      Feb 01, 2010

Yes, we too have been scamed! How do we go about getting a class action law suit against Prosper? Sounds like we all need our money back as well as stopping anyone else from getting scamed! [protected]@wildblue.net

• Me
      Feb 01, 2010

This post is about fraudulent sales tactics - if you feel it was worth the $4, 000 of credit that Prosper was paid from - then good for you. I would be disappointed to have someone tell me to go to garage sales and post it on Craigs List and pay $4, 000 for that info.

BTW if you average $2, 000 per month in sales and take a 10% profit - you will be working for 20+ months to pay off your loan and the interest.

PS - Prosper doesn't lend money so I don't see how you are using their money. If you are - let us all know so that we could get money back from them as well.

Feb 25, 2010

Jim From Smithfield RI
    I also had the misfortune of signing with Prosper. I had excellent credit rating when I signed with them. Oh the promises.It's funny how the cource cost what your credit will support. It cost Me $10, 000 to learn what representative from ebay tought Me in a half hour. The coach was always out of town or called 30 minutes late. He was supose to teach for forty five minutes to an hour. They lasted 15 minutes tops. He couldn't wait to get Me off the phone. This company has distroyed Peoples credit, and hopes of owning their own company. I would love to have some recoarse.

• Mf
      Mar 02, 2010

M.F. from New Mexico
    My husband and I signed up for Prosper Learning several months ago. We got the whole package, $13, 000 worth! I was so scared to go into that much debt when we were trying to find a way to get us OUT of debt in the first place! But we were so vulnerable and desperate to get out of our current financial situation, that we got sucked into Prosper Learning thinking they were going to help us not only get out of debt, but to make more money than we could possibly imagine! We started with the financial coaching sessions and had three of them before we realized that the coach wasn't teaching us anything we already didn't know. I was furious! We paid them all this money and they weren't teaching us anything new! We stopped the sessions and decided since they weren't living up to their end of the bargain of what they said they could do for us, we wanted to discontinue the program. After all, I thought, we hadn't even started the other two programs we signed up for so why couldn't they refund our money? I called them and they flat out refused to refund our money. They did give us a small credit but that was it. They said they would only refund our money if we were joining the military or dying of some disease. Seriously, that's what they told us! We were really mad at this point! To top things off, our coach told us that we should consider filing bankruptcy to get us out of our financial mess. So I'm paying you $13, 000 for you to tell us to file bankruptcy?! For the financial coaching, I think if you have no idea how to manage your finances, of how to track your expenses by making a spreadsheet of all your expenses and income, looking for ways to cut back, etc., then the financial program would be good for you, however, it isn't worth $4, 000 to learn those things. You can just search this stuff on the Internet for free! But for us, it was a complete waste of money. I would love to be part of a class action suit. I just don't know how you go about it. I will check into it though. We learned one thing, we will never do anything like this again!

• Je
      Mar 12, 2010

These snake oil salemen got to me in March of last year. Unimaginable wealth and a support system was the promise. Like other testimonies here, the things they were coaching me with were on the internet for free. I told them up front I had NO money they asked for a dream list and I complied thinking this could get me out of my poverty situation. These frauds sold me an HSBC credit card with a $500.00 limit I used it for about a month or two and paid it off because I could see this program was going nowhere. They tell me I owe them $9300.00. I am being harrassed by a collection agency. I told them I am on social security and I have 1994 suburban with 312, 000 miles on it. I asked them if they were going to take my house they didn't answer. I couldn't get a response to the recourse. If they think they are going ruin my credit good luck I don't have any thanks to them. Then I asked if they were going come with guns to get the money. I am on board for a class action suit. I don't need any money back I would just like to see these dirt bags put out of business or in orange jumpsuits. J.G. Keyser WV

• Bu
      Mar 16, 2010

I signed up with Prosper in 2/2009 using "other peoples money" which was my credit card. After going through the program and realizing that I fell for a scam we are now in a situation that we can't even file bankruptcy. Have been told that since I signed a contract that all they would do is continue the program for another year. If it didn't work then what makes them think it would work any better for another year. I went for the 10, 000 program so my advice would be run if they call. If someone starts a class action suit I want to sign up. The only education I got was don't sign up for anything again. But that isn't 10, 000 dollars worth of coaching.

• Bu
      Mar 16, 2010

I want to retract my previous complaint. I have just spoken to Devin Willis with Prosper and we came to a workable agreement.

• Ld
      May 18, 2010

I also was burned by Prosper, I was made a long list of promises to the specific questions I asked when I asked about the program. I asked many questions about getting technical hlep to get my website up and running and was assured that they would give me all the help I needed to get a professional website up and running smoothly. After you join the program and get into the coaching time you realize that they staff actually has no real knowledge that was promised to you by the sales staff. Of course since you have only three days to cancel your contract and get your money back, Prosper is great about pushing your first coaching off till after that point. Then you have no recourse. Had I known what a scam the whole thing is I would have made a recording of the sales call and all subsequent coaching calls. Every time I called to ask for the Technical assitance that they promised during the sales call I was given the answer "you need to hire a professional for that."
    Not exactly the answer I expected since according to the sales staff they were the professionals. I am sure that if I had recosrdings of my sales talk and then of the actual answers that I was givin then I would have a great lawsuit as they never answered a single question I asked of them.
    I would guess if you were going to Prosper for sales They could teach you a lot. I would prefer to be honest with my customers about what I really have to offer rather than rely on getting ever more people duped into paying for something that you never plan to give them.

• Ss
      Jul 01, 2010

Hi,

I totally agree. Please lets not warn others only about Prosper learning but also their website Prospering.com. I remember before signing up in late 2009. I did a search about propering scam, propering.com scam but no results like this. If I had found this complaints at that time, I could have stay quite clear of them.

The sales guy emails contained nothing about proser learning but had instead prospering.com as the company he was representing. I got scammed out of $8, 000 for information I was already quite familiar with.

Stay away from this people if you found this.

• Mk
      Jul 01, 2010

I thank everybody for posting their information about Prosper, Inc. This is July 2010 and I found them on Craigslist under sales. I was contacted by the sales people and asked about BBB information and he gave me the name of the company Prosper in Utah. I asked about how much it was going to cost and he said that was the 2nd step after I pass the qualification with him. Well, as I was on the phone with the guy, I started looking up the information online about this company and he said well I guess you need to research this more and our company has a A BBB rating, so, I will get rid of your file and call us back after you research us. He explained that they use the Robert G Allen system. I looked him up first and found he had an F rating. I hope each and everybody band together and put these people out of business.

Aug 06, 2010

@debbielle

Common tactic used by every scam company. Just pretend to be a satisfied customer. Your post reads like a sales pitch. Did you just copy and paste one of those fake testimonial from one of your online brochures?

Enough people have been scammed by you guys I'm surprised not to see more complaints. But I understand that your target market is people who don't even have enough internet savvy to realize that there are places online like this for them to tell their stories and warn others. Exactly how you like because you know that their not savvy enough to do the research to find out the truth before you con them out of all their money.

Sorry if you're reading this a little too late. If you've fallen pray to these types of companies I hope that you've learned your lesson. Making money on the internet is not easy.

Aug 06, 2010

I've been involved in internet marketing for close to 10 years now (I'm talking about real marketing not the Meta Tags and Search Engine Submissions b.s.) and I can tell you that Six Figure Consulting, Apply Knowledge Institute, Thrive Learning, Prosper Learning, IV Capitol and so on, are all scam companies. The coaching is so basic that kids in high school have a better working knowledge of how to develop and market a website than this coaching provides.

Here's the deal folks, with the economy having taking a nose dive and un-employment running rampant people have flocked to the internet doing searches for things like "make money from home" and the sort. Not knowing any better and not being very internet savvy, the layed off Detroit auto worker fills out a from to receive information on a work from home opportunity. This is precisely where the sales funnel begins.

You've just added yourself to a lead list of people looking to make money from home and this list is now sold to companies like the ones named above or they were the ones who created the ad that you filled out the form on. From here it's all about numbers. How many people can we contact a day to get to the one who is desperate, eager, gullible enough to fall for a good sales pitch. In fact I've talked to some pretty smart people who have fallen on hard times and just don't know enough about the internet to do some basic research before forking over large sums of m0ney to companies like these.

Taking advantage of these people is unethical and reprehensible. And they know exactly what their doing when they take your money. They know that your true chance at running a successful online business is next to nothing. All they're after is your money and that's the straight truth.

Making money on the internet is not easy and anyone who tells you otherwise, especially if they're trying to sell you something, is either a liar or an idiot. In fact even scamming people on the internet takes a lot of work, just look at how often these guys have to start a new company to keep up their charade.

Save your money people.

• Im
      Aug 13, 2010

Dear everyone, thanks for your postings. I’m in the UK. Unfortunately – possibly for the very reasons you state – I’ve been duped in March 2010 and feel as sick as a pig about it! From the first session I realised that promised yields were not going to be achieved. I was advised to do basic things on Craigs List and ebay…an account I’d had for years without success. I was insulted when sent the basic instructions on how to e.g. register with ebay – something I already done years ago! I’m trying to claim back a refund from Prosper. Of course they are resisting, denying the promises on income generation they made and hiding behind a contract which I don’t even recall seeing before. Now, thanks to your I understand why. A reputable company would not want a disgruntled customer. Hanging on to my ill-gotten money seems to be their priority. I am also surprised to read that the BBB rates them as ‘A’. My complaint is currently with BBB. Today (13 Aug 2010), Prosper offered to refund me only $2K out of my original >$8500!! Who on earth would pay that for a course that is not leading to qualifications such as a degree? Prosper was even confident enough to tell me that ‘BBB’ had no effect on them. Marvellous!
    Has anyone managed to get a refund from them?
    I agree that a class action case should be mounted against them...difficult for me to lead on this as I'm in the UK..what about in US? I'll happily support in whatever way I can.

• Jn
      Oct 20, 2010

I was scammed too. 8000$ in Feb 2010 after trying the Transfering debt into wealth system by John Cummuta. I am interested if anyone has gotten a suit started so include me when this rolls around please. I don't want anything just these [censor] in bad recession times put out of business.

• Im
      Oct 20, 2010

After months of perseverance and involving the Better Business Bureau ([protected]@utah.bbb.org), they eventually offered me a settlement which after negotiating upwards, I finally agreed to. But then, surprise, surprise, true to their modus operandi, they have retrospectively added a restrictive clause which I cannot agree to. They continually demonstrate that they are just not to be trusted.
    Why do these companies operate in this way? Why do they believe that they have the right to ‘rob’ innocent people whose trust they abuse in this way? They feel that they can act in this way with impunity.
    The stress is just unbelievable. I am a single mother and even the children can see how unhappy I have been. You feel so stupid to have innocently trusted what you think is a bona fide company. Here in England it’s only rogue traders who operate in this way and not care about building a good reputation. That’s because they haven’t a good reputation to lose or build in the first place.
    I would recommend that you bring your case to the attention of the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org. They do not appear to have a particularly strong influence but every support that you can get will help.
    Good luck.

• Ve
      Nov 10, 2010

I am truly disappointed that Robert Allen pitches this company. I thought he was a stand up guy. I got involved with Prosper Learning about September of 2009 from a phone call to qualify me. The guy enrolled me based on my information that I had $3000.00 credit limit on a credit card. They hit it for $500 up front then payments for the balance through Monterey Financial. I hurt my back, couldn't work and filled the card up with doctor bills. After hundreds of hours invested, I still haven't made a dime. They told me to find a niche. Okay, what niche? One that interests me.What interests me and what I can make money at are two different things. I found that I don't have the knowledge to develop a website or the money to pay someone else to. Their answer was sell stuff on ebay and craigslist. I didn't need them for that. Besides, what stuff? They gave me the names of dropshippers. The problem is, their prices are higher than what you can buy it on ebay for. Also, you get about 3 emails a week on how to make a lot of money. The problem is, they all cost $300-$1200 extra. Also a guy calls you and tries to strongarm you into setting up LLC's. I got involved to also learn forex trading. I found out that you spend a lot of time learning the basics, but if you really want to make money at it you have to pay $1200 more for the strategy. Wow, I feel like I was used as a target for upsells. They got me for $1000. Thankfully it wasn't more. I wished I had seen these posts before I got involved. They call me all the time wanting payment but hey, you can't get blood from a turnip. I will pay them with all the money I was supposed to make. $0.

• Co
      Nov 20, 2010

I am furious with Prosper as well. I was scammed out of about $8000 and told them that I did not get anything from them that was worth the $8000. They had been trying to sell me more mentoring for additional money when I told them the above complaint.

I enrolled with them around February of 2009. My Father died mid March 2009 and I explained to my coach then that I really couldn't continue because of all I had to do to setup funeral arrangements and the grieving I was going through. He indicated that I had to complete the course. What a bunch of crap! It wasn't even worth what they charged me. I found out that my coach quit immediately following working with me.

I am definitely interested in being part of a lawsuit action with others.

Connie Lea Clark

87. Shawncaseycoaching.com
    88. Stephencoopercoaching.com
    89. Tdiwcoaching.com
    90. Trumpucoaching.com

Ethan Willis and Randy Garn owners of Prosper Learning Inc and all of the above websites.

Prosper also owns:
    [protected]@adcafe.com

Jade Koyle = Executive VP Online Marketing, Prosper Inc

Prosper Inc are also linked with Donald Trump; Robert Allen and spam:

Nov 20, 2010

Got Prosper Learning complaints?

File a complaint with the FTC at:

Also with the Attorney General of your state.

Nov 20, 2010

Prosper Learning take advantage of peoples lack of knowledge and sell them ridiculously overpriced coaching which is in fact pretty much worthless - better info can be found online for free.

If you paid thousands of dollars to these Utah cowboys you got ripped off and scammed real bad.

Here is what to do:

File a complaint with the FTC at:

File a complaint with the Attorney General of your state.

Nov 21, 2010

Prosper Learning also work with Ken Blanchard, co-develop curriculum with the team from Trump University and also work with David Bach, Robert Allen, Shawn Casey and quite a few other partners.

Nov 21, 2010

USA
    Phone: +1.[protected]

• Lo
      Nov 29, 2010

The information in the courses is quite basic. Nothing that cannot be learned from reading 2 or 3 good books on a subject. The first coaching sessions are trying to up-sell a higher level of coaching support and do little in the way of coaching. By this time your three days to cancel payments are way past and you will be stuck paying the balance.

• Ho