Progressive Business Publications / Fraud

1 Chattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:

We are a small non-profit. Katy from Progressive Business Publications called a part-time employee with no authorization to approve $240 subscribtions and reported that because Katy had her birthdate, she now owed her the balance for a subscription to a publication called "Foundations and Corporate Funding Advantages." When we called Katy to tell her we were reading how this was a fraudulent claim on-line, she said "i'm very aware of what they are saying." As executive director, I approve all invoices and receive all mail. We have never received this report and if we have received fake invoices, it looked fake enough for me to trash them without opening.
We will be reporting this to the better business bureau also.

Comments

13th of Jun, 2012

In November, I was contacted about a free trial. No obligation. I politely declined and said that I already had too many things to read, and that I wasn't interested. The rep said, I understand. Thank you for your time. Just to verify that we spoke and so I can take you off the mailing list can I have your month and day of birth. I said ok. Thought it was done.

Started getting the publication in the mail called "the selling advantage, " along with past due invoices. We imagined that they were invoicing us and thought it would go unnoticed and get paid. Well, that is not the case. We would not pay for something we did not want or need. Finally, come March 2012, we get a call from the International Credit Recovery collection agency, stating we had an unpaid balance that would be reported to the credit bureaus. Irate!! We got in contact with PBP and after the run around. I finally get a manager Nikki Shimmel. She says that if we just pay $74.10 to cover invoicing, publication, and mail costs, it will clear us from collections and that we would not be bother. Fine!! We did. I even got an email stating that we had been cleared. Now June 2012. Katie from ICR 720.320.6262 is calling saying that we owe for another subscription called the Internet Marketing Report. Saying we have been being invoiced since December. Well, I have never seen these invoices. She can't even produce a sound bite where I agreed to the subscription that costs $299. I THINK NOT. This is a complete scam and seriously something needs to be done about it. It is unacceptable that they have been able to operate this long. After we hung up on Katie, saying we will not pay. She called back 3 minutes later stating that we would have the option, like last time to settle. NOPE.. not again. They already got $74.10 more than they deserved. What's even worse is that time they stole from me!!

• Wa
      31st of Oct, 2012

If you get a invoice from Progressive Business Publications all you have to do is e-mail... jthomas@pbp.com
    Stop the bogus subscription. Keep the email and invoice as evidence.
    Also send a copy of the invoice to the Malvern Police Dept and BBB.

• De
      8th of Feb, 2013

I messaged one of the news companies in NY to take this out in the open. Watch out International Credit Recovery. They will be knocking on your door shortly. Attorney general will follow.

• Tf
      7th of Mar, 2013

Please send your complaints about fraudulent conduct regarding International Credit Recovery Inc. and Progressive Business Publications to the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, E consumer .gov, the Better Business Bureau, and/or your local General Attorney's office.

• Tf