Professional Marketing International / $14,400 Worth of Nothing

Primyriad, Inc.
Klamath Falls
In February 2008 we purchased the StoresOnline 6 website package. No complaints there. Once you cut through the sales hype you have a good website building tool with strong resources.

It’s the call we got shortly after from PMI (compliments of their affiliation with StoresOnline) that started us down the path of regret.

“Let us do the marketing so you can focus on your business.” You have to promise to put in at least 10 hours per week. Yes they do some start up work but the focus is on training you to do it yourself.

“You must be open minded and teachable.” You are asked to underline this quote as you take notes. They make it clear you are not to question their work – they know what they are doing and you will mess it up if you want to make changes. The copy they wrote was tacky and cookie cutter. It was out of character for our products and a definite turn off for any shopper visiting our site.

Everything they teach is demonstrated in the training and resources that came with the StoresOnline package. We didn’t need to pay this kind of additional money for do-it-yourself. They do bring you to Salt Lake City, Utah for two days in their training center. Unfortunately, most of the participants arrived still clueless on how to get started with their StoresOnline package. We had already published 3 of our 6 websites utilizing the StoresOnline instructions. Our time there was largely review of what we had already started.

Interesting note – our one website we didn’t let them touch is excelling. It is also the first we ever published.

“Imagine, if you make just one $25 sale per website per day that equals $54, 000 per year!” Wow, tempting (assuming you pay them enough to work up all six websites.) $14, 400 and one year later - zip, zilch, nada for the three websites we agreed to develop with them. Kind of hard to get your investment back quickly at this rate.

“Use a major credit card to make your purchase so you have recourse if you’re not happy.” You then learn the training is a 6 month program. The 200 online directories they submit your websites to is done over a 12 month period. It often requires many months of patience while your sites slowly worm their way up through the search engines. Uh-oh - looks like your window of opportunity to register a dispute with you credit card has expired.

And those 200 directory submissions? Many directories send out confirmation e-mails and others require a response to confirm. We have never seen any of these e-mails. We could use the list of those directories, too, so we can maintain the resubmissions.

When it came time to do the e-mail campaign, we were directed to a page where we were to write the e-mail ourselves for PMI to send out. Shouldn’t the professional marketing firm draft the e-mail subject to client approval? We would prefer not to end up in everyone’s spam box between “More Manhood” and “Print Your Own Diploma”.

At this point, we’re just plain discouraged. Our last exchange with PMI was in September. They have never made any attempt to follow up with us – ask what we think of their work – check in on our progress. They essentially disappeared along with our money.

So PMI is a proud member of the Rip-off Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program? Frankly we are not interested in letting PMI do any additional work for us – once around was enough. At this point, a refund of our money plus interest (yes, we’re still making credit card payments) is the only acceptable resolution.

Contact from PMI is welcome in writing only via e-mail or on paper.

N  3rd of Jul, 2009 by
what was the response to and/or outcome of this complaint? I have heard the same pitch and I can't afford to throw money away.
A  24th of Sep, 2009 by
I also purchased the storesonline package for multiple websites and got contacted by PMI, don't like what I read, I think I will reconsider and work on my websites myself instead of forking over another $ 12.500 to PMI. To have and not to have is $ 25.000.
N  11th of Mar, 2010 by
SUITE 101-147
MESA, AZ 85204
(480) 649-4251 PHONE
(480) 615-5887 (FAX)

Are you interested in trying to get your money back from Stores Online? Business Recovery Services (BRS) has assisted former Stores Online clients recover over $150, 000 of their money from Stores Online alone, and we have recovered even more money from their affiliated companies such as PMI. For more information, visit us at our website, http://www.businessrecoveryservices.net.

For those who have already gotten started with BRS, congratulations. For those who have not, please either (1) E-mail us at businessrecoveryservices@yahoo.com, or (2) call us at (480) 649-4251. We would love to assist you in your efforts to attempt to recover your money from Stores Online, as well as Stores Online’s affiliated companies.

Brian H.
D  27th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was contacted by this guy and his group. What a crackpot! He is so slimy. After speaking to him I felt like I needed to take a shower or get a tetnus shot or see a priest! Don't do business with this guy. Do your research on him first. Brian Hessler and Business Recovery Services is a Fraud!!! Two wrongs don't make a right, ###!
A  21st of Mar, 2011 by
Ya I did a Pre tax package. Then a few days later I get called by PMI asking if i want to be in the intercircle blah blah. Have some one personally train me i just have to devote 10 hours a week same sales pitch from above just different product except it was 9000. They pretty much look for how much you can put on your credit card and then set the price it seemed. Don't do it they called plenty of times to get me set up then once I was never heard from them again and for some reason you can never get through their phoe numbers they give you.
N  21st of Mar, 2011 by
Joe the Toe,

I'm still waiting for you to come into the light of day and identify yourself. What's your real name, you slimeball? Chances are that you work for PMI, If you do, then that would explain your ridiculous postings.

N  21st of Mar, 2011 by
Joe the Toe,

I am still waiting for you to come into the light of day and identify yourself. What is your real name, you slimeball? Chances are that you work for PMI. If you do, then that would explain your ridiculous postings.

A  13th of May, 2011 by
I had the same experience with PMI, paid $15, 000, got nothing out of the payment. Their service is bad, I think Storesonline is good, at least they have the 24 hour live chat service. And we only paid less than half of what we paid PMI> What does PMI have? So let me know how to file the complaint to get our money back, at least half back. Thank you!
My e mail address is Hsiaahsn@yahoo.com.
N  13th of May, 2011 by
Shan Hsia,

Your E-mail address doesn't appear to be working. So, if you are interested in trying to recover your money from PMI and/or Storesonline, then please send your contact information to businessrecoveryservices@yahoo.com, and we'll go from there.

A  14th of Jul, 2011 by
Simply, don't mess with PMI!
N  21st of Jul, 2011 by
I have heard a lot people using this company called Scammer Guard to help get back at PMI. A lot of these people are getting their money back. Check them out its www.scammerguard.com. I called them up and they are helping me get my money back from PMI.
N  2nd of Apr, 2012 by
We have done a background report on Professional Marketing International and other known accomplices (see below link) PLEASE LET US KNOW IF WE NEED TO ADD OR UPDATE ANYTHING! Please note report consists of previous client feedback who had previously done business with Professional Marketing International.

BACKGROUND REPORT – Professional Marketing International - http://fiadservices.com/company-list/reported-large-scale-scam-list/professional-marketing-international-scams/

Reported accomplices so far for Professional Marketing International;
Imergent Inc.
H.O.M.E. Inc
H O M E Inc.
Tafiti Consulting

Please check out the other companies we have also been informed of listed on our site should you hear of them in the future.

FIAD Card Services (please visit our website, http://www.fiadservices.com ). We definitely can be of help if you have not yet received a full refund. We have no upfront fees and work on a contingency basis. We only need you to answer a few questions to confirm we can help. PLEASE NOTE- The original purchase date must be within the past 24 months.