PrizeKing / Mobile phone charges

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I was on the internet getting a free toothpaste sample, I was asked for my mobile phone number to get a code for the 'sample'. Then I get 4 messages exactly the same from prizeking saying I will be charged £4.50 for an entry into a prize draw, x 4 ! So I have to pay £18 on my phone bill. I emailed them & they won't refund because I gave the number.

He

Comments

• Ka
      20th of Jan, 2012
    PrizeKing - Misleading advertising
    Individual
    British Columbia
    Canada

This company's pop up promised to enter you into a walmart gift card or iphone etc if you filled out thier survey. When you go through thier survey, they then ask you to type in your cell phone number. I don't have a cell phone and felt kind of discrimminated against, so I complained back to the company with details of why I was complaining. Guess what they asked me to confirm...my cell phone number to see if I was charged. So far I have 9 automated messages from this PrizeKing aka mobshack.com. It's a huge scam to get your money and the TOS doesn't even come up until after you have completed their survey.

• Ib
      16th of Mar, 2012

This same thing happened to me. There is no doubt in my mind that this company mobshack is perpetrating a huge sham on unsuspecting members of the public. They should be exposed for what they are...

• Ib
      27th of Mar, 2012

This company is crooked.

• Au
      15th of Sep, 2012
    PrizeKing - fraud/spam
    Western Australia
    Australia

I have unsolicited spam from prizeking and an annoying app on my computer that ask a 3 question survey that can will an I- phone, if a subscribe, the costs written in very small print. Cancelling through the suggested method does not work, the help line is busy forever and forever, even at 3 am . The conditions of participation tell me that they are not operation in Australia, which they clearly are. How do I get this app of my system? Who are these people, they hide there identifies very well.