Prestige Sales USA / salesman lied, tried to cancel and can't get any response from Prestige Sales

IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 630-495-1167
The salesman that visited our home said that I would be receiving a follow up call from his Boss to be sure he had conducted himself in a professional manner, that never happened. He also said that his Mother was going to make baked goods ( cannolis) for anyone that had helped him out by purchasing these books, that never happened. I tried to cancel my order by mailing a written request to Prestige within three business days as they state that is their cancellation policy on their website, no response. Wrote two emails to Prestige via their website regarding request to cancel my order, no response. I'm sorry I didn't trust my gut instinct about this LIAR!! I will continue to pursue my refund and maybe legal action.

Comments

Sh
  29th of Oct, 2008
They got me for $98 cash last night. I'm sure I won't get my $49 refund that they promised and I'm sure no autistic kids will ever see those books I bought. I should have trusted my gut instinct too.
Ca
  5th of Nov, 2008
the exact same thing happened to me, same thing with the mother and now im out a lot of money...what can we do about it?
Ge
  6th of Nov, 2008
A very well dressed. polite young man conned us in exactly the same way. Said the money was going to pay for his trip to London to perform in a high school play going over there early next year. Promised to come back and wash our windows "after church" the next day. It all sounded very unreal, but this kid was a GOOd talker and you just felt compelled to help him. When no one showed up to wash our windows, we checked on the internet and discovered it was all a scam. We stopped payment on our check first thing Monday morning. The sad part is, some crooked con men are tainting young kids who could easily follow a straight path to success. Can't these crooks be stopped????
An
  14th of Nov, 2008
I'm shocked I was taken in by these thieves! They have the gall to use our troops in Iraq to sell magazine subscriptions and pretend they are a neighborhood kid. Absolutely disgusting.

I urge anyone who has dealt with these con artists to report it to anyone and everyone who will listen. Also, go to their website and send them a complaint every day. I have reported it to my state's attorney general and I am investigating other places to report them to. The Better Business Bureau pops to mind.
Le
  9th of May, 2009
My 84 year old Dad just got scammed clean cut guy said he was his neighbors son. My Dad did not know his neighbor that well and did not know he did not have a son. scammed for $40. Sad thing is my Dad had seen this on the news in our town the week before but these kids are slick they use neighbors names.